Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Cosmic Condo - Galaxy Event - 2022-06-30

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torres looks hot.

A 4/4 jury rigger is always. # welcome, and he will also give me #117 original thinking.

I'm going to have to get Torres.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we ever wondered if the realm of the dead was humid, we know now by Torres’ hair.
    Let’s fly!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Torres looks hot.

A 4/4 jury rigger is always. # welcome, and he will also give me #117 original thinking.

Being the new Top 5 voyager isn t too shabby as well. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • SOLID new crew. Love the enterprise deep cut.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torres looks hot.

Yes, 400% damage at 6s, with accuracy makes her good for the arena and skirmishing too.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torres looks hot.

Yes, 400% damage at 6s, with accuracy makes her good for the arena and skirmishing too.

400% at six seconds and not Conditional. Someone might get kicked once I get her. Whenever that is. It sure as swamp water won't be in a Galaxy.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ShidoniShidoni ✭✭✭
    All the crew art looks great, but with them together on the banner, I can't help but think of this as the "head tilted to the left" event...
  • edited June 2022
    Hi,
    I am just in a position to consider trying to go for the gold crew in a Galaxy event for the first time. However, I could not find any info on what kind of chron cost would it mean to go for an 1000-1500 place? Especially considering how good Torres is?
    Can someone more experienced in galaxy events help me out with a chroniton estimate?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I am just in a position to consider trying to go for the gold crew in a Galaxy event for the first time. However, I could not find any info on what kind of chron cost would it mean to go for an 1000-1500 place? Especially considering how good Torres is?
    Can someone more experienced in galaxy events help me out with a chroniton estimate?

I would predict 700K generally for top 750. It has been a while since I focused on top 1500, but I would assume over 550K normally. I think an extra 100K this event since she is supposed to be top 5 voyager. For me, I like the top voyagers, but if they don't have often used traits, they are less useful than otherwise. Of course, this is also a main crew.
    Hi,

I would predict 700K generally for top 750. It has been a while since I focused on top 1500, but I would assume over 550K normally. I think an extra 100K this event since she is supposed to be top 5 voyager. For me, I like the top voyagers, but if they don't have often used traits, they are less useful than otherwise. Of course, this is also a main crew.

Before Guest has a stroke, that means 700-750K Event Points, not that many Chronitons!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Indeed. I missed that. The number of chronitons needed will depend on what stockpiles you have. For me, with my careful use of voyages and cadet challenges with ads, I have chronitons to burn. From when I was still new, I would guess somewhere around 8 thousand chronitons for top 750. If you have a good stockpile, you might need far less. For this event, I got to 115 thousand VP (without any super-rare turn-in) before I ran out of those furs and had to open a supply kit. Then I spent a few hundred chronitons. I still have a whole lot of everything else. At the end of the last galaxy event, I made sure I had over 100 of everything used in the builds. That means this event will be a lot cheaper for me. But I have a lot of experience at this point.
    Indeed. I missed that. The number of chronitons needed will depend on what stockpiles you have. For me, with my careful use of voyages and cadet challenges with ads, I have chronitons to burn. From when I was still new, I would guess somewhere around 8 thousand chronitons for top 750. If you have a good stockpile, you might need far less. For this event, I got to 115 thousand VP (without any super-rare turn-in) before I ran out of those furs and had to open a supply kit. Then I spent a few hundred chronitons. I still have a whole lot of everything else. At the end of the last galaxy event, I made sure I had over 100 of everything used in the builds. That means this event will be a lot cheaper for me. But I have a lot of experience at this point.

Those bloody Furs. Uses four at a time, and I think more than one recipe uses them.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Sonya Lana surely looks meowsome! Also, Top 5 voyager, it looks like we get one of these every week nearly. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Guest, to add slightly to what David and Scott said… first, it will be highly dependent on your existing inventory of items. By now (‘cause I’m a day late in responding), you’ll know where you stand on that.

Remember that there are 2 phases. Do not blow through all your chrons in phase 1. Most items will be used in both phases, but some new items may show up in phase 2 recipes that weren’t in phase 1. Gotta keep a chron reserve so you can farm in both phases.

Beyond that, David’s VP guidelines sound right to me. Whatever it costs in chrons for you, those are the point totals you’re trying to reach. If you have the items/time/willpower, go beyond those VP targets by 100K to give yourself a cushion. Nothing worse than aiming for 750 or 1500 and finishing 751 or 1501.

Good luck!
    Will 161 SuperRares translate into at least 23,000 VXP in Phase Two?
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 rares is always a good target for the gold
    1,000 rares is always a good target for the gold

I will never get that many. I just need to be sure I can hit the 130,000 for the last copy of Paul. Not pushing deep with a Skirmish next week. Even though the "Existing" is a Tuesday card, IIRC. So a lot of us might not have anyone for the start of the Skirmish.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    1ni6yzab9phm.png
    Here is where I am right now and what I am projected to get turning in the 302 Rares I have.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PFosgNf0CKvzTly3Eqb8zSzARAjNz-aFviFmVUQ8Q0Y/edit#gid=891429394
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can determine that by consulting the chart(s) on the following Wiki page:

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Galaxy_Event#Super_Rare_Turn-in_2
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    You can determine that by consulting the chart(s) on the following Wiki page:

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Galaxy_Event#Super_Rare_Turn-in_2
    🖖

Thanx. I got more than enough, then.

• Thank you very much to all of you for the great info and advice.
    I sure wanted to wait until phase 2 and I do not have much of an inventory yet, I am in the process of trying to build it up whenever there is a skirmish event, when I level golds anyway. And I felt I still dont want to go into galaxies, but Torres is just too much a lure to resist :)
    I think I will have a try relying on chrons only and see where that gets me. If 8000 should be enough, then I have a chance without compromising too much my other goals, like inventory build up and levelup next week.
    300 super-rares makes 100K victory points.

This is not exact. It is a good rough estimate. The first 300 are actually lower than 100K, but if you have a second or third set of 300, it is more. I usually play until I have 900 super-rares and then turn them all in. That generally gets me about 700K VP and puts me in the top 750. Sometimes I go more.

When you choose which two builds to avoid, you can either go with the two that cost the least, or the two that have the lowest chance of super-rares. I used to do the first, now I do the second.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭

Those bloody Furs. Uses four at a time, and I think more than one recipe uses them.

Plus Mayweather ate them up in his build too.

I also hate this phase 2- is it normal to have 2x hyperspanner requirements? They're so chron heavy I try to skip them, but when there's 2 of them, having them block 2 slots makes the gameplay even more tedious so I usually just 130k and out.