Home The Bridge
Options

Collection - New Challenger Approaches

Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
wrwzwhw8lld2.jpeg

A nice addition.

Comments

• Options
    I strongly disagree. Putting a consumable in the last tier of a collection, be it a cite or a pack to pull is a slap in the face to players like me. A permanent (unique crew / stat boost) is much more valuable. It is telling me that collections really aren't for players like me. Until recently they were my main reason to get a majority of new crew.
  • Options
    I said last and by that I meant most recent rather that last ever.
    Still higher tiers should have better rewards. This reward is not better. A star on one crew is not as good a a buff to all crew. That may be more obvious to me, but should be the reality of any player completing all gauntlet exclusive crew.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take it!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree. Putting a consumable in the last tier of a collection, be it a cite or a pack to pull is a slap in the face to players like me. A permanent (unique crew / stat boost) is much more valuable. It is telling me that collections really aren't for players like me. Until recently they were my main reason to get a majority of new crew.

Using "latest" instead of "last" can avoid that misunderstanding. Not criticizing. Just saying.

===============================

No offense is intended, meant, implied, construed, or contained in Red or Blue Pills. Do not use infernally. Never call with a Deuce-Seven Off-Suit. Objects in mirror may be behind you. I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. I'm in love with Stacy's mom. So now I come to you with open arms. Sunday is on the way. The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. This Ming is a psycho! Maximum effort! Nothing in this disclaimer or the comment it is part of construes, implies, or in any way can serve as legal advice.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Using "latest" instead of "last" can avoid that misunderstanding. Not criticizing. Just saying.

No offense is intended, meant, implied, construed, or contained in Red or Blue Pills. Do not use infernally. Never call with a Deuce-Seven Off-Suit. Objects in mirror may be behind you. I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. I'm in love with Stacy's mom. So now I come to you with open arms. Sunday is on the way. The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. This Ming is a psycho! Maximum effort! Nothing in this disclaimer or the comment it is part of construes, implies, or in any way can serve as legal advice.

But that's where it gets weirder. What do they do when they add a tier? Does it go stat boost then this one non boost, then boost again? Or does it stay as non-boost? Does this mean all future collections will only have 6 tiers with boosts?

And if the higher tiers are what we're supposed to aim for, why put a weaker reward there? That final prodigy tier makes it a vanity collection once all the stat boosts are done.

I prioritize my cites based on which collections I'm closest to with a stat boost. I'm effectively ignoring prodigy not because I'm done with the stat boosts.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

And if the higher tiers are what we're supposed to aim for, why put a weaker reward there? That final prodigy tier makes it a vanity collection once all the stat boosts are done.

I do find Wunderkind a little odd but on the other hand it gives 6 boosts for only 20 crew. I'd say its unusually generous. I'll happily take my vanity rewards in the semi-distant future. Tribble Trouble only gives 4 for 25 crew by way of comparison.

The 7th tier for this one is a pretty exceptional vanity reward I think.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals