Home Engineering Room
Options

In-game chat censor prevents writing the name of STT crew

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
The censor strikes again!

Tried discussing the upcoming Legendary crew with my fleetmates, but the word "M'Benga" is censored.

Every day it's something new and something ridiculous with that thing. I continue to decry the need for protecting us from a few silly words by including a myriad of possible spellings for said words, in ways that are the height of ludicrousness.

Sure, censor words which can be used for hate speech, but every time an silly word or phrase is blocked, I feel like a child being scolded by Mommy. (And more often than not, the word or phrase is totally innocuous.) We are not toddlers here. Can we not be trusted to behave like adults?

Or at least, just censor UC, because that's where most of the problem lies. Leave the fleet/officer/squadron chats alone -- or give us the option to disable the censor in those chats. Leaving it as-is, you're managing to annoy the majority of players. Why wouldn't you try to find a solution that solves this problem, rather than just fixing single words as people report them as being benign? The latter is like trying to fill a lake by throwing pebbles into it.

The whole thing is beyond maddening.

86k0m8irmzj8.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best we can do with the resources we currently have, it is not perfect I agree.
    We do not have another solution at this time.

I took care of the issue in this case.