Home Engineering Room
Options

Save game backup problem

Greetings!

I plan to use a new smartphone, but (as I expected) logging in my account would cause a severe problem. Out of a reason unknown, I got logged out of my account whilst playing the game. But when I try to re-login, there comes a warning, that there is already a save game bound to my account, and as such, I would get logged out of my current games. What means: progress loss of progress.

So how do I now save my current progress without any progress loss in order to play with my new phone?

For the future it would be great, if there would be a third button asking if you want to overwrite your old save game with your current new one.

Comments

• Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Alternatively it would solve the issue if the users could change their DBID. As I looked into my account, the DBID there was a different one I am currently using for my current savegame. I don't know how this happened.

@ Shan: Maybe you could be a miracle worker if I would provide you with screenshots of both DBIDs?
  • Options
    Your progress is saved with every server communication. You can log in with another device at any time. The last connection wins.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    s71tgo2itzih.jpg
    When I'm reading this popup, I hesitate to give it a try.

But it seems that Samsung Smart Switch Mobile did solve my problem anyway. It copied all my stuff from my old to my new smartphone without any problems. Never used it before, but I am quite pleased (although the copying speed is rather slow). So in the end, I didn't need to take the risk.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad this got resolved for you.
    Never hesitate to also look at the various help article available on our Support Portal.

When you install the game on a new device, you start with a fresh account with a new DBID.
    When you login with your credentials, that new account will get overwritten with the original account.