Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Faction Event - Beacons - 2022-07-14

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    A Hemmer everyone can get copies of. Cool.

Borath Pike can come out of the fridge for a walkabout.

Also, Una looks good and has a six second non-Conditional 350% Sledgehammer. For those needing one.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Sorry. NVM 🙈
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Why doesn t get Una variants named „Number One“ a bonus?
    Very same person and character.
    6ob9eg8ytcgy.jpeg
    dfoc14ai4oeh.jpeg

Perhaps it will. She is in the Event the next week, not this one.

EDIT: The OG should count, too.

2cru3jpyx5dd.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. NVM 🙈

You made me doubt myself!! ;p
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Una is a "talented helmsman [and singer]" as per her blurb, is there a reason she has Pilot but not Musician?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    robownage wrote: »
    If Una is a "talented helmsman [and singer]" as per her blurb, is there a reason she has Pilot but not Musician?

She is the very model of a modern major-general! They need to acknowledge her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyWqNKQOUNI
    Sorry. NVM 🙈

I lose track of the "Week ahead": thing most every other week. No judgment!

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    6ob9eg8ytcgy.jpeg
    dfoc14ai4oeh.jpeg

2cru3jpyx5dd.jpg

I'll need to watch this so I can update DNA based on if "number one" = "Una" for event purposes. We shall see.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    6ob9eg8ytcgy.jpeg
    dfoc14ai4oeh.jpeg

2cru3jpyx5dd.jpg

I'll need to watch this so I can update DNA based on if "number one" = "Una" for event purposes. We shall see.

It definitely should. The only change is now we know her full name. Still the same person. Whether it will be addressed before or after the Event where it makes a difference remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Homer likes the title......

r5za3q4a5u4w.jpg
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Hemmer everyone can get copies of. Cool.
    Yeah, I'd happily pursue a good rank for a few copies of a legendary HEmmer, but I really appreciate everyone getting a SR version like this.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see a thread for the skirmish after next but the announcement had Ortegas rank incorrect.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Erica_Ortegas
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Ortie looks cute! I never watched the modern Trek shows to the end (stopped at mid-Disco). Thankies Damar for sharing. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see a thread for the skirmish after next but the announcement had Ortegas rank incorrect.

The show is so inconsistent in the ranks they use to refer to people and what is shown on the uniform, none of us know the "correct" rank without a producer giving an interview and stating the rank. Pike is a captain and Uhura is a cadet, those are the only two ranks we know for sure.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The show is so inconsistent in the ranks they use to refer to people and what is shown on the uniform, none of us know the "correct" rank without a producer giving an interview and stating the rank. Pike is a captain and Uhura is a cadet, those are the only two ranks we know for sure.

Everyone else is a lieutenant and/or commander. That's all you need to know.
  • Options

It might be Ortegas from that alternate timeline.

If it is the main Ortegas to me it makes more sense that she'd be a lieutenant and a fresh one at that, the way her characters works is she's someone still more at the start of her journey in Starfleet than in the middle-ish of it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternate Future Ortegas was never shown armed. This is Prime. The need to sort out ranks. Could it be that one wide and one narrow stripe in service color, like red or blue is a lieutenant and the same in command gold is a lieutenant commander? The color change is a current military practice. Gold versus silver= a lieutenant commander versus a commander.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternate Future Ortegas was never shown armed. This is Prime. The need to sort out ranks. Could it be that one wide and one narrow stripe in service color, like red or blue is a lieutenant and the same in command gold is a lieutenant commander? The color change is a current military practice. Gold versus silver= a lieutenant commander versus a commander.

As I mentioned in another thread, the costumes and dialogue has been all over the place on SNW. I can't really fault WRG for an issue here because the show hasn't given firm answers. Pike is a Captain, Uhura is a cadet, everyone else is <shrug>. Una was referred to as Lt Cmdr once. Most other crew including Spock have been referred to as Lt. But the ranks on their uniforms have been different. Here was one tweet joking about the issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuckAdmiral/status/1535272343790047235
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't we normally had an in game mail with some transmissions by now in the run up to a faction?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't we normally had an in game mail with some transmissions by now in the run up to a faction?

It's coming :)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

It's coming soon™ :)
    Fixed that for you, Shan. >:)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

What is time anyway.. ;p
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭

It's coming :)

And a voyage token too! Thank you.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing catch up on unfreezing crew for the event as I had to unfreeze a bunch of crew for FBB.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

What is time anyway.. ;p

An artificial construct meant to make mortal humans feel like they have some control over their pitiful lives.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

What is time anyway.. ;p

An artificial construct meant to make mortal humans feel like they have some control over their pitiful lives.

Be we are linear creatures. The Sisko said so.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

What is time anyway.. ;p

Channelling your inner Q?
  • Options
    Got two copies of Una.

Slight suggestion that WRG can either listen to or ignore.

Maybe add the hidden text {whatever it is called} "Una" to the other Number Ones? That way it is a lot easier to get all of them to come up in a search. Three characters and right now it only shows the new Una.

f47p0cngltse.jpg

Whereas, a search for "Number One" does not show the new Una, but does show Picard and his dog.....

s3cy09vno4s8.jpg

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hidden traits don't work in vault search. Otherwise we'd have Dixon Hill being included in Picard.
  • Options
    Hidden traits don't work in vault search. Otherwise we'd have Dixon Hill being included in Picard.

Well that stinks. Be nice if all four could be found in one search if someone needed to do that. Moot point this week for the Event, but might be nice at times.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a heck of a time searching for the new Number One to level her up. Searched Number One and nothing. Kept trying variations till I got to Una.
    Let’s fly!