Home The Bridge

Any hope for compensation for a bugged voyage?

Had a voyage last night, paid 70 dil to extend it once, still didn't quite make it to the 8 hour mark. Watched it wind down for 25 minutes hoping to pass at least one hazard as that might have given me the extra ... 45 seconds? I would have needed to hit 8 hours. No such luck.

After that last hazard failed I had 2 antimatter left. I hit recall. Instant failure. No option to extend, it's just gone.

Had two 4*, about 450 chrons, a ton of trainers and replicator rations and other junk, not to mention the 70 dilithium I dumped into this. Kind of choked.

I've opened a ticket but that'll be days.

If I start a new voyage will it screw with CS being able to see the results of this one? Will they even give me anything anyways?

I thought these bugs had been sorted out. Normally I would have recalled it after getting below 50AM or so but even one pass would have probably got me to 8 hours so I chanced it. Regardless, the UI showed I still had antimatter, and even if the little progress bar continues to wind down in the background I should have still had 1 antimatter left.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the engineering room. It's full of stories about failed voyages and what CS has or hasn't done to make them right.
  • I keep reading about 4* drops...I’ve done several 8 hours multiple 9 hours and a few 12 plus. I’ve never gotten anything higher than a three!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • This voyage was weird. I got Rogue Harry Kim and Pel. I have both immortalized so they'd be trashed anyways but I want the honor. I got about 4 or 5 2*, no 3*, and two 4*. Not sure how that works..
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still working on Voyages issues and there should be fixes soon.
    PS has made great headways with the backlog, and there are instructions on how to compensate for bugged Voyage like this one, please submit a ticket - thanks!
  • I’ve done two tickets for voyages that were failed due to lag or bugs. Both times customer support replied and gave me compensation I was happy with inside of 48 hours. Launching voyages while I waited didn’t cause any issues.

VIP10 in case that’s a factor in how they prioritize tickets.

• I filed one such bug last week and it took less than 48 hours for it to be addressed. Take screenshots and drop them in your report using the zendesk website. You can then start a new voyage with no worries.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • I did take a screenshot a little bit before it ended but just because I thought it was funny that a 4* Harry Kim came from a sealed canister floating in acid.

8TY1ZpU.png
  • I did take a screenshot a little bit before it ended but just because I thought it was funny that a 4* Harry Kim came from a sealed canister floating in acid.

8TY1ZpU.png

Sounds pretty accurate..
    Could have seen that happen in an 8th season :D
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did take a screenshot a little bit before it ended but just because I thought it was funny that a 4* Harry Kim came from a sealed canister floating in acid.

8TY1ZpU.png

Sounds pretty accurate..
    Could have seen that happen in an 8th season :D

Happens all the time on my ship. That's the most appropriate place for any immature, whiny Kim.
  • Had a voyage last night, paid 70 dil to extend it once, still didn't quite make it to the 8 hour mark. Watched it wind down for 25 minutes hoping to pass at least one hazard as that might have given me the extra ... 45 seconds? I would have needed to hit 8 hours. No such luck.

After that last hazard failed I had 2 antimatter left. I hit recall. Instant failure. No option to extend, it's just gone.

Had two 4*, about 450 chrons, a ton of trainers and replicator rations and other junk, not to mention the 70 dilithium I dumped into this. Kind of choked.

I've opened a ticket but that'll be days.

If I start a new voyage will it screw with CS being able to see the results of this one? Will they even give me anything anyways?

I thought these bugs had been sorted out. Normally I would have recalled it after getting below 50AM or so but even one pass would have probably got me to 8 hours so I chanced it. Regardless, the UI showed I still had antimatter, and even if the little progress bar continues to wind down in the background I should have still had 1 antimatter left.

I feel your pain Gilbert.
    Had the same thing last night, also submitted a ticket and going by past experiences with CS don't hold out much hope.

Normally don't extend the voyage by choice but like a fool I did last night only because I didn't want a voyage underway lending into the event, extended it so that I can then recall overnight.
    Spent my 77 Dil (don't know why - have had SFA in crew/rewards for past several days), only a single 3* - B'Etor. As I had Lursa at 2 stars also bought my first Citation so that I could meld them when I got my extensive booty from the Voyage. Now that too is down the drain.

Watched the antimatter click down to 47, had a dilemma - now 17 then immediately recalled, only for it to come up with a Failure and no way to extend - just poof - all gone.

511 chronos, 132 honour 1x4* 1x3* numerous 1&2*'s crew ........... all evaporated into sub-space, never to be seen again.

• Do a ticket. I had given up hope on two of my early voyages that got screwed like this.

But out of the blue, yesterday, I got compensation. For a ticket I submitted on October 2. Said compensation is beyond what I lost (I only asked for the DIL I had to spend to save the voyage), but probably "about fair" given how long I had to wait.

Shan speaks truth: it may take a while, and it may sound like CS is working off a script when they finally get to you because the compensation is directly tied to your specific voyage, but you'll be happy you submitted a ticket, in the end.

For now, I'm on pins and needles to see when/if my ticket from a screwy voyage on October 11 gets compensated!
  • Customer Service is doing a great job. So far i had 3 issues with voyages. Once including dil two times not.
    Always a swift and generous solution of the issue.
    Thumbs up for your help desk DB
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted tickets for messed up Voyages and always been compensated well. So long as you can give them a reasonable idea of what you missed out on, they'll be sure to send it to your account.

I kept doing Voyages long after submitting the ticket, so I can't imagine it'd be a problem for you. :)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I had a runaway voyage yesterday. It never stopped at a dilema. When I finally had time to check it it had been running for 12 hours. Reported it and was nicely compensated.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017