Home The Bridge

I'm Sure the answer should be obvious. {Immortalizing a Pike Poll}

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in The Bridge
It seems obvious that the obvious choice is Christopher. But, am I missing something with Captain that make him better to Immortalize?

tlr3weh0yfd9.jpg
uf7of0a7buum.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

I'm Sure the answer should be obvious. {Immortalizing a Pike Poll} 14 votes

Christopher Pike
50%
SoupKitchen RikerrobownageCaptain P (ESB)Salamander ParisMyimaginary [CH] 76 suitedErroneous 7 votes
Captain Pike
14%
PhotonKimIshmael Marx 2 votes
How many stars does Bacon need?
35%
HaBlackTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Kim_Novak.IIVeterinary PhloxPeets 5 votes

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Christopher Pike
    Captain will just go into your freezer. Christopher isn't amazing but is likely to get some play. So unless you're desperate for slots, the choice is pretty clear IMO.

There's also the obvious Handsome Mount >>>> Jeffrey Hunter, but that may be me bias showing.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Captain will just go into your freezer. Christopher isn't amazing but is likely to get some play. So unless you're desperate for slots, the choice is pretty clear IMO.

There's also the obvious Handsome Mount >>>> Jeffrey Hunter, but that may be me bias showing.

It makes sense to me that Chris will be loads more useful next Event. Since we have only versions of him for "extra" seat fillers.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither. You must have a better crew to cite.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always a collection waiting in the wings for your citations.

A better poll would be "Which Collection should I work on next?"
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither unless you are desperate to cite a Pike.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were in your shoes, and I wanted to immortalize a second Pike, I'd hold onto the citations for a new variant. I have to imagine Towering Pompadour Pike will grace us eventually (ENG primary, to reflect how he manages it every morning). :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Pike from the SNW finale!
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I want Pike from the SNW finale!
    Maroon Monster Uniform FTW
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Picking the Pikes over Bacon

svicm27au0iw.jpg
  • Picking the Pikes over Bacon

svicm27au0iw.jpg

Loved "Dad's Army"! Britain's version of M*A*S*H.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

svicm27au0iw.jpg

I'm not sure where you got that comparison from 😉
    • Dad's Army came out before M*A*S*H* so it would be "America's version of "Dad's Army"
    • One was WWII, the other Korea
    • One was about the Home Guard(ineligible for Military service). The over Mobile Field Hospitals
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Pike
    I mean, c'mon, Captain is TOS. There is no other choice to be made! ;)

But my own bias aside... of the 2 options, Christopher is the way to go. While eating a bacon sandwich.
    Save your cite(s) for someone else

Not sure I am going to get a variant of Hemmer that is Legendary before next week. Will be likely to finish high enough to get the Event M'Benga. Hopefully high enough to get extra Stars on him. So, can wait on him and then use any "leftover" Cites to buff up Christopher.

For the Faction Event......
  • DaiMon Bok wrote: »

svicm27au0iw.jpg

I'm not sure where you got that comparison from 😉
    • Dad's Army came out before M*A*S*H* so it would be "America's version of "Dad's Army"
    • One was WWII, the other Korea
    • One was about the Home Guard(ineligible for Military service). The over Mobile Field Hospitals

Both were comedic treatments of serious wartime events. As a WWII history buff, I'm fully aware of the role the Home Guard played in Britain's defense plans for 1940-1942; the show portrays a local Guard group for the inexperienced yet keen bunch of civvies they are, while playing up the ridiculous things the government was instructing them to do to protect against invasion. In the same vein, M*A*S*H took the very real drama of a mobile surgical hospital (a new innovation for the Korean War era) and used comedy to soften it, to make it more palatable to an audience sick of war (Vietnam was still taking center stage on the nightly news when the show began).

So, my comparison was, simply, that both countries used comedy in a wartime setting to tell stories without showing the horror and trauma that goes along with it (although it could be argued that M*A*S*H did run some episodes that touched on those themes in an attempt to show the public what it was really like).
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself