Home The Bridge
Options

How long do individual chats last?

Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in The Bridge
zlrvf2lxji9i.jpeg
I chatted someone individually in-game.
About one hour later, the chat was gone.
Does that mean they saw it? Or is it just gone forever?

Answers

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them up for days. I've also been told someone chatted me but I never saw anything. I hope someone has a real answer ro this since it seems unpredictable to me.
  • Options
    There is no real answer.

There might be an intended time period for them to be visible, but the in game chat is extremely unreliable.
  • Options
    Methos DjetMethos Djet ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    There is no real answer.

There might be an intended time period for them to be visible, but the in game chat is extremely unreliable.

This is an EXTREME understatement.

I suggest that the word Chat be removed and just call it Universal; it is not a chat.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't trust it at all. We've gotten in the habit of echoing important information periodically in Fleet chat. It we know who fills a node, one or the other of us will, over the course of several hours, repost the information until we no longer need it. No one (could be chat just didn't display it) did it overnight and we still needed one known crew on Chain 2 and the other two chains with just a couple hours to go. I reposted the info when I got up and someone cleared it within about ten minutes. Two other players then cleared Chain 3 in two runs between them. Chain 4 was nearly done when I left for church this morning and someone got it before it let out, because it was done when I checked in after. We have an international fleet. I know people were awake while I was sleeping. Either no one had Mora Pol or they didn't see he was the missing key. Chat either needs a boost or they need to add a note feature to the FBB, where you can click on a node and say "Not X" or "Probably Y".
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    There's a reason nobody uses the in-game chat for anything that matters, like Fleet stuff.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    😂😂👍🏻. The only time non-chat is reliable: if multiple or both parties are in game online, the other(s) get a green light, therefore they check the non-chat and reply.
    Now you know they got it.