Home The Bridge

Event Discussion: Faction/Galaxy Event Notes: Outside the Box - 2022-08-25 - ME Finale

Comments

• Really enjoyed the LD mega thus far, the art for Phased Boimler looks amazing!

Also excited for the new Owosekun! But as she's from S4 of Discovery she's missing the Displaced trait.
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't the small bonus be variants of Boimler and not Tendi? Copy and paste error?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been cooler to have the single faction for the hybrid and the triple faction for the rigid faction event, but the rest is cool, I agree. :) Another huge SEC shuttler that Owo is gunna be. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Shouldn't the small bonus be variants of Boimler and not Tendi? Copy and paste error?

Mr. Carlisle has a point. Shan's coming back from vacation soon. Hope this gets fixed.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RC Austin wrote: »
    Shouldn't the small bonus be variants of Boimler and not Tendi? Copy and paste error?

Mr. Carlisle has a point. Shan's coming back from vacation soon. Hope this gets fixed.

Event notes were corrected yesterday :)
  • I use Shaxs all the time,
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious: has anyone actually used Shaxs in this event?

He made it onto one of my post-phase-change ("dirty") shuttles but HR Sisko keeps beating him in crafting recipes and I imagine that's a card most people who could compete for Shaxs already have.

(I'm not objecting to the idea of people being able to win a good gauntleer - which Shaxs undoubtedly is, mine has already taken down Caretaker etc. - but it seems odd to make him event crew for an event that needs high bases. Would have made more sense for the skirmish week, to me.)

I haven’t used him and I agree should have been allocated to a Skirmish event.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had him at 2 stars and never used him after the quick start. I took him from the shared crew and put in High Roller Sisko. Sisko is just better here.
    I don't have Shaxs, so Mariner was my shared crew. I've had a few pop up where he would have been used, if I had him.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Shax base stats are horrible, i have em 2/5 and he is useless to me
    (shuttles and galaxy part). Galaxy Part my 5/5 HR Sisko beats him,
    so for players without Sisko, he might do the trick.

And i don t even use my 4/4 Boimler, cause 4/5 Mega Mariner beats him.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    Had I known he would be that useless, I would have saved the resources getting him. Oh, well.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had I known he would be that useless, I would have saved the resources getting him. Oh, well.
    He will be a good Gauntleteer, sometimes. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on his stats, Shaxs was never going to be great at shuttles. He was useful in the Galaxy portion though.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
    I didn't use him at all in the Galaxy portion. High Roller Sisko was far superior.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have screenshots of the event ending dialog? I accidentally tapped past it.
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't use him at all in the Galaxy portion. High Roller Sisko was far superior.

Not my experience at all - I don't think I used HR Sisko once. But then, the Galaxy bonus structure has always seemed a bit wonky to me.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Proont wrote: »
    Does anyone have screenshots of the event ending dialog? I accidentally tapped past it.
    No screenshots, alas, but I did find the text on the STT Discord server:

**Epilogue**

Insubordinate Mariner
    "See, Boimler? We actually solved some other problems. And the Breen didn't end up with the Earth. Think you can finally admit there might be some good in the way I do things?"

Phased Boimler
    "Maybe, but do you think the way you do things from now on could involve less life-threatening situations?"

Lt. Shaxs
    "What're you talking about, ensign? That was a damned good time! Let's do it again soon!"
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

t73p04knqtwv.png

aocp0qc6kple.png

ofrh9idiade5.png

Was enjoying the Mega so much that I screenshot all of the event dialogue so I can go over them again. Great job WRG.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

t73p04knqtwv.png

aocp0qc6kple.png

ofrh9idiade5.png

Was enjoying the Mega so much that I screenshot all of the event dialogue so I can go over them again. Great job WRG.

Thank you :)
    I made sure to let our writer know!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Walls of Shaxs

Good that there's a Picard to keep them apart, otherwise they would fight each other, and mess up the Gauntlet.

42buxqsv9ill.jpg
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Shrax, when the circus was in town."

Seriously, not near the best artwork of the Lower Decks crew. looks like a clown or something.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two packs, got my 5th mariner on my 2nd pack and called it a day. Not pressing my luck.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    No screenshots, alas, but I did find the text on the STT Discord server:

**Epilogue**

Insubordinate Mariner
    "See, Boimler? We actually solved some other problems. And the Breen didn't end up with the Earth. Think you can finally admit there might be some good in the way I do things?"

Phased Boimler
    "Maybe, but do you think the way you do things from now on could involve less life-threatening situations?"

Lt. Shaxs
    "What're you talking about, ensign? That was a damned good time! Let's do it again soon!"
    🖖

t73p04knqtwv.png

aocp0qc6kple.png

ofrh9idiade5.png

Thanks.
    Looking over the dialog that I had skipped, I see it has good story. Someone should tell the writer the difference between less and fewer, though. I would assume a Starfleet officer should know better.
    Walls of Shaxs

Good that there's a Picard to keep them apart, otherwise they would fight each other, and mess up the Gauntlet.

42buxqsv9ill.jpg

I contributed to that. I took two Picards and a Shaxs into that gauntlet. Did pretty well for myself.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walls of Shaxs

42buxqsv9ill.jpg

That is what I mean. Shrax looks like a Homunculus using forced perspective to look taller. I don't know if the artist Liefelded him trying to show how beefy he is supposed to be, or what. But, he is only lacking a belt and vest with 40+ pockets to go full Liefeld.

f9ryz987jf0g.jpeg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Walls of Shaxs

42buxqsv9ill.jpg

That is what I mean. Shrax looks like a Homunculus using forced perspective to look taller. I don't know if the artist Liefelded him trying to show how beefy he is supposed to be, or what. But, he is only lacking a belt and vest with 40+ pockets to go full Liefeld.

f9ryz987jf0g.jpeg

That would be Tactical Shaxs. Am I the only one that wants Pottery Class Shaxs? Him trying to be mellow cracks me up almost as much as T'Ana and her box! Or the two together.