Critical chroniton levels

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »
    10k is for the veteran players.

Woo! I'm a veteran player!

But veteran-acy only provides so much in regards to getting chron faster...like you can run longer voyages and get more chron. So, I don't think I really buy into it is a thing of veterancy unless the expectation is to have people bank a whole lot of chron just for the event.

I say this as someone who has 4 banked objectives worth of chron banked, which is still only 3.2k chron. I'll bank this event which will mean 725 chron or so... That 10k just still seems crazy and like they don't really pay attention to how much chron people get and/or use...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxwell wrote: »
    Aldude wrote: »
    10k is for the veteran players.

Woo! I'm a veteran player!

But veteran-acy only provides so much in regards to getting chron faster...like you can run longer voyages and get more chron. So, I don't think I really buy into it is a thing of veterancy unless the expectation is to have people bank a whole lot of chron just for the event.

I say this as someone who has 4 banked objectives worth of chron banked, which is still only 3.2k chron. I'll bank this event which will mean 725 chron or so... That 10k just still seems crazy and like they don't really pay attention to how much chron people get and/or use...

Last skirmish event I scored 2 million points. I started with ~23000 Chrons.

I finished the event with 160000 Intel and ~9000 Chrons. Not my most efficient Skirmish.

The game does give out tonnes of Chrons. Like I can farm 10k in a week usually. It’s harder for fresher players for sure but it’s entirely possible. I’ve already gained 6000 Chrons since Monday afternoon.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Kanon wrote: »
    I guess most of the "advanced" players (not really a full veteran, just someone who has most of his stuff in order) use a monthly card and the daily quatum buy to get retrieval more often. Well, this is a win for them, they can save on that daily dilithium :D

I like this event, is a no brainer for me, but just once in a while, I wouldn't be able to keep up if this comes back every week or so.

I have 500 crew maxed and buy every month the dil and campaign but I have atm 129 chrons. So I won't be able to join the event. I still have 1m chron deficiënt to level all my current crew...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess most of the "advanced" players (not really a full veteran, just someone who has most of his stuff in order) use a monthly card and the daily quatum buy to get retrieval more often. Well, this is a win for them, they can save on that daily dilithium :D

I like this event, is a no brainer for me, but just once in a while, I wouldn't be able to keep up if this comes back every week or so.

I have 500 crew maxed and buy every month the dil and campaign but I have atm 129 chrons. So I won't be able to join the event. I still have 1m chron deficiënt to level all my current crew...

It’s stuff like this is why I don’t spend my Chrons. I do the minimum I need to do on any given day and just let things build. Usually what happens I spend them during Galaxies or Skirmishes. This is now a 3rd option and it’s certainly more compelling than the average weekend event.

My chron deficit isn’t as steep as yours but I just leave a lot of crew just sitting there. You can always wait till Monday to do your leveling.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I think I'm pickier on who I level. Any 4/4 I level. 1-3/4 other than new event crew I let sit on my roster unleveled. When I get to 4/4 I level to 100 and freeze. But before that there is no point to level the crew.

Similarly I have a bunch of 1/5 unleveled. New event crew I level for their event. But random 5* that drop I don't bother to level unless they're really good. If they're useful in gauntlet, I'll level. If they're a good enough voyager that I'd FF, I'll level. If they're base is good enough for an event, I'll level. If they're ship stats are good enough for FBB, I'll level. Otherwise they can sit at level 1 until I happen to FF them from drops or they hit an event trait where they'd be useful.

Oh, but I do the same. I only level 4/4 and for legends needs to be at least 3/5. (except Gauntlet crew)
    Currently I can upgrade 25 crew who qualify for this.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 Quanti after getting Spock to make Spork

kfus2rturzg2.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Reunion Spirk (I didn't want to say Kick or even wurse Kock) is very good! Solid choice there, Scotty. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Reunion Spirk (I didn't want to say Kick or even wurse Kock) is very good! Solid choice there, Scotty. :)

Had been holding Kirk at 99 for maybe a month!

• Options
    Well, I had 10k chrons to spare, and the polestars to pull TACOweather and Dereth. Now to wait for the next honor sale to cite them up, and work on my bridge level (way to low) to prepare for nigtmare FBBs.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approached this chrons mini-OE as an opportunity to add stars to two owned 5*s (via CR) with much less tapping than ranking 750th for a new 2/5* in a Galaxy or Skirmish event. YMMV 🖖
    uo94ncvbcq5m.jpeg
    wowsfa3bby1i.jpeg
    7l9egbo1mfe3.jpeg
    andqqfurqmwj.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add stars to Shukar and Chan Martok. Two cites away from another Veteran collection notch.

I’ll be able to repeat this next week if it comes up. Three weeks in a row? Not so much. Probably run out of credits.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    did not realize that this is an "instead of" for the weekly thing we have been having until I spent 150 Dilithium to finish the "Win 18 Admiral Arena Battles" thing.

Is this going to be every week now, so can we go back to doing the Admiral's Division normally? Leveling The Artifact is actually useful for FBB.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event makes me again want a Warp 100 option.

No, it would be too easy to hit by mistake.
  • Options
    10k Chronos ... Yeah that's waaaay to much that much can usually land you in a confy top500 easy on most events ..
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    But then again you can't get 2 gold citations from a Top 500 in any event, just two copies of a purrticular gold card. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to sign in to give my feedback here ...

This midweek event was great ... keep 'em coming on a regular basis (say every 2-3 weeks?) ... was able to add an easy last star to Beowulf Kim (who I instantly froze) ... which nabbed me a Janeway (Davenport) star from the collection ... and then also added a 5th to Van Gogh (who I've not frozen yet).
    And in 2 days I'll have enough for another retrieval ... sweet.

Regarding if I'm a veteran ... time-wise yes, have been around since the first summer of this game ... but, I've not spent a penny on this game now in 2+ years (I want to say the Chaotica or Tourist Tucker campaign, not sure which came last).

I don't do much in-game anymore, which means the previous midweek events were a struggle (don't do enough to get that many gauntlet rounds in and the shuttles are doable if I pay attention) and I didn't like them much.
    The new midweek event (the fleet boss one) is a right "·%"&"-fest and no way I'm going for that one.

So yeah ... keep this midweek event in circulation ... gives a player like me (with many tens of millions of credits and tens of thousands of chrons) the perfect opportunity to immortalise some of those older (collection) crew who have been hanging around for way too long. I do too little to have a regular supply of portal pulls coming in.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't manage to get to the 10K but I'm glad that there were multiple milestones so I could also get some quantum.
  • Options
    I didn't manage to get to the 10K but I'm glad that there were multiple milestones so I could also get some quantum.

I think I hit the first two.

• Options
    I liked this OE and the fact that they're trying out different types. Of course, it depends on how often they plan on running it, but once a month would be a good frequency in my opinion. I don't think WRG is planning on having critical chroniton levels on a weekly basis, which probably wouldn't be sustainable for any kind of player.
  • Options

Adding credits as rewards instead of ISM would have been nice.
    Maybe nxt time? 🙂

+1 on this!
    +1 too!

change every single ISM for 1000 credits please!