Chroniton accrual strategies

Collecting ideas and strategies...

1. Increase chroniton income:
  • Optimize voyage duration with datacore
  • Use ad doublers on cadet challenges on Mon, Wed, Fri
  • Also use additional add rolls on cadet challenges
  • Claim unclaimed chrons from in-game messages
  • Make sure fleet members donate enough schematics
  • Aim for gauntlet streaks (high streaks can give 100 chrons)
  • Level up captain's bridge

2. Slow down chron spending
  • Have an active supply kit all the time when using chrons
  • Use ad rolls to complete dailies
  • Hold off leveling new gold crew from honor sale
  • Do level up event crew to maximize bonus
  • Forfeit highest threshold rewards in galaxy event

Any other ideas and strategies? Pls add here.

Comments

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Increasing income:
    • time management can give a slight edge - making sure voyages aren't sat waiting for input on a dilemma for hours, sticking to the four-hour gauntlet cycle, making sure to always claim the thrice-a-day free chronitons. However, this is very dependent on whether RL commitments allow you to log on whenever is best for gameplay purposes. (And obviously no one should be disturbing their sleep pattern over a game on a day-in, day-out basis.)
    • skirmish events are usually what I'm saving my chronitons for, but on the rare occasions that I have some other priority, I run them as chroniton farms - passive Intel generation alone is easily enough to reach 130k (if you're on Epic) and get the new purple to 3/4 FE, and all the chronitons from the mini rewards at the end of each battle go in the bank.
    • the really big one - "tank" shuttles for the factions that usually win faction events to the 30-minute mark (or ideally even less). The most common winning factions are Federation and Section 31; if you're really keen on this strategy, it might also be worth doing Maquis, Augments and Borg. After the event, all of that faction's shuttles get a bonus 5 chronitons on a success and take half an hour less to run whether they succeed or fail. If you're already at 30 mins or less, that means they instantly complete and you have a merits->chronitons pump: buy transmissions, run shuttles (making sure you lose enough to stay sub-30 minutes), repeat until you run out of patience or merits.

Sidebar: I imagine most people here know what tanking is, but just in case, it's intentionally losing shuttle missions to go back down the difficulty/time taken ladder. (Every two fails cancel out three wins, but all shuttles have a minimum 14% chance even with completely unsuitable crew so you can't guarantee failure.) Side benefit for some factions is that you will farm a lot of their 0* items (you'll never want for holoprograms again if you do S31; on the other hand, be cautious about doing Augments as you'll massively reduce your chances of winning 2* Science Experiments). Another note of caution: it can take a very long time if you've been playing to succeed for months/years - you can't decide to do it just before a faction event and expect to reap the benefits straight away.

Reducing spending - when I am being "chronservative" (sorry, but that is what I call it in my head to remind myself not to break these rules), I do the following (note that I don't use ads, people who do can bring this down even further):
    • only 10 space battles per day and always on a 4 chroniton mission - 40 chronitons spent; meet the daily by using all 10 arena tickets (this can be reduced to zero if you're doing skirmishing for chrons as per the second bullet point in the previous list because the skirmish battles count)
    • only 14 away missions (20 for the daily-6 cadets), on a 4 chroniton mission - 56 chronitons spent
    • not making any serious effort to level crew, only enough for the daily - find someone who is all plus signs and wrenches for their missing slots at their current level, equip them, and then give them the next ten levels (technically this is slightly more than the daily needs, but I hate having people at random levels like 47). It makes for a messier crew roster than some people prefer, but it works.

With supply kits and ads you can come down to much, much less than 96 chronitons spent per day, but even that is dwarfed by income - it comes out to 672 chronitons per week but you get 800 a week just from cadets, between M/W/F and the daily mission reward (and again a lot more with ads), so everything coming in from other sources is pure profit.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Optimize voyage duration with datacore

Making it to the next dilemma is important but it’s less important than scoring as many dilemmas per day as possible. After hitting 10 hours I’ll usually recall. Letting your voyage go an extra hour might get you some loot or it’ll just get you some credits and 2* components.

It also depends on your life schedule. I hit 10 hours at 9:30 this morning. Normally I would give it an extra 15-20 minutes and then recall. Voyage returns at 2pm and then I can start another 10 hour voyage which is then recalled before bedtime.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treat it like real life. Most of us have a monthly money budget (whether you write it out or not, you have a budget). So, income vs expenses. Spend your chrons however you choose (no judgment!), but if the goal is to increase your total, you must spend less than you bring in. Just like life.

Take a few days to assess your average chron income. Commit to spending less than that amount each day. You bring in 300 chrons? Spend no more than 200 (or whatever). Do that every day, and you have 700 chrons saved a week from now. Your numbers will vary, but that's the idea.

The specific ideas posted above (and likely more below) are great for the details. But in the end, it's just income vs expense.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events, I normally stop at 130k, unless I am going for the gold. This is more to do with not wanting to keep tapping, rather than saving chrons.

Level up crew useable for voyages, in the short term it will cost, but in the long term you will get more chrons, it will also make events easier.
    The same with crew for collections. Completing tiers on collections adds a lot to the length of voyages.

Always recall the voyage at a dilemma, (mentioned above), it is not worth the risk of it running out of AM. The best rewards are from dilemmas.

Depending upon where you live, time using the supply kit so that you can do the dailies after the reset (next day). This will save a supply kit.

If your chron level is in the few hundreds, you are far better spending as you get them, and letting them naturally increase.

When farming, or building gear, check the wiki for drop rates. The star rating for space battle missions does not scale with the rating for away team missions.

I rarely use the replicator, I think it's cheating. But some items are not worth farming, and I replicate straight away. e.g. https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Subcutaneous_Transponder When you do replicate, don't replicate components, replicate the finished product.

Use ad doubles for the chron expensive things, like 3* Pollyalloy. Even if you only need one, ad double it for the next time.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once farmed 53,000 chrons in three days with tanked shuttles. Don't recommend doing anything close to that amount, but it does have a huge ceiling. Just like with skirmish, time/effort put in is directly rewarded without penalty.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy chronitons! :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things people haven’t mentioned:

- Be sure to play the OEs that give out chronos.

- Also, and I very much dislike saying this, be sure to play the Gauntlet regularly.

Both will give a noticeable amount of chronos. When used with careful spending, and targeted use of ad-doubles and ad-warps, you can level a lot of crew and save up a bunch of chronos. When I was still leveling crew left and right, I could get 10K chronoions a week.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)