Home The Bridge
Options

Missing Traits

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are many crew that arguably need certain traits.

But there are some crew that seem to be incontrovertible. Why is my Sisko not a human, for example?
no948hwp7onr.jpg
I suppose there is a reason, but I can't figure it out.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

But there are some crew that seem to be incontrovertible. Why is my Sisko not a human, for example?
    no948hwp7onr.jpg

That Sisko is Sisko being someone else, not who he actually is.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

no948hwp7onr.jpg

That's a sisko in the mind of a bajoran. He's not human.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carpenter Street T'Pol is not a Temporal Agent. I noticed yesterday when my fleet was hunting for two of them.
    2* Hoshi Sato not having Linguist is the one that blows my mind though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there's definitely precedence for this; starting with the last (non-hidden) trait audit, they give the Human trait to Holograms who have a Human appearance. And I would argue that Ishan Chaye should have it, even though he's having an "out of body" experience in the life of a Bajoran, because he has a Human appearance and appears to be Human to the other main cast in that episode. It would be consistent with WRG's recently applied rules for that trait for him to have both Human and Bajoran.

That being said, the real issue is that traits are a low priority for the studio. They consistently print cards with missing or incorrect traits (what the hell is Quarren, by the way) and that number piles up until a trait audit would encompass hundreds if not thousands of changes.

Meanwhile they treat other traits like Resourceful as an incentive to make crew more desirable rather than a part of the crew to get correct, applying it willy nilly to crew who are the exact opposite (Badge Linus, Tawi'Yan Alexander).

And they've repeatedly spurned player help. The hidden trait audit the other week had a dozen+ missing entries from the trait audit thread which are inarguable (series tags). And a player council which could help vet such things behind the scenes and save dev time was deemed "wouldn't necessarily be helpful".

tldr, get used to it. We can point these out all day and some will be fixed while others won't be.
  • Options
    There is a whole "Trait Audit" Thread in Make It So...
    That being said, there are also a bunch of missing traits on the ships too.

WRG could likely spend an entire year just updating traits!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Perhaps the next time WRGBen comes to a non-sanctioned forum / channel / show, the only questions & feedback the player base offers are:

1. Bugs (old, ignored & new) are making the game harder to enjoy
    2. Game data like traits, are making the game less fun for ST fans
    3. QoL improvements not being considered by the studio are making the game less playable

Offer nothing else, ask nothing else, just rinse and repeat till they either listen or run away - either way they will get the message