Home The Bridge

No free crew slots, no crew slot cap increase.

Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in The Bridge
Is this going to be the new trend moving forward?

Gotta say, i dont like it at all.

Big disadvantage for anyone new who starts playing the game today. A lot of us who have played for years have gotten lots of free slots.

5 free slots every 6 months or whatever it was, was hardly an overly generous gift. It basically only served to take the edge off of the 3 or 4 new crew that get released every week.

Please give us our free slots.

Comments

• AviTrek wrote: »
    There have always been slot sales without free crew slots. Sometimes we get both, other times we only get one. There is nothing new here.

Please correct me if im wrong, but the crew slot cap was increased with all of the slot sales i am familiar with.

So, call me a brat, but the lack of free slots and the freezing of the cap seems intended to further stress the already existing slot issue with the compounded problems of freezer management (merit use)

And while i remember a few slot sales without free slots, they were the exception, not the norm.

And with the rollout of 15-20 new crew a month, they could give us 5 free slots per month and there would still be plenty of reason (and people) to buy slots.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There have always been slot sales without free crew slots. Sometimes we get both, other times we only get one. There is nothing new here.

Please correct me if im wrong, but the crew slot cap was increased with all of the slot sales i am familiar with
    You're wrong.

It's always appreciated (and even preferred) when we get the extra slots, but there is precedent.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've gone both ways. For something that happens a couple times a year I don't think anything is consistent enough to say what is the exception vs the rule. But it's certainly not a change to not offer free slots.

Nor is this the first time the purchasable cap hasn't been increased. But with the current maximum crew cap at 1010, the only people who would benefit from increasing that are the biggest spenders. If you have 1010 crew slots and are keeping unfrozen hundreds of crew for FBB, then sure you'd like to buy another 5 slots. For all other players, it doesn't make a difference because you're not at that cap anyway. Are you really advocating to make lives easier for the biggest spenders?
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    For all other players, it doesn't make a difference because you're not at that cap anyway. Are you really advocating to make lives easier for the biggest spenders?

If people want to spend their money on this game, are you really advocating that they shouldnt?

I mean, if i spent the money to have every single crew in the game, why is it impossible to have the space to use any of them any time i want. Why am i forced to use cryostasis if i dont want to?

Particularly for mixed captain level spending level fleets, i think it should be encouraged for the whales to be able to help with all fbb difficulties. If they have all crew unthawed isnt that incentive for it? And if we also got wrg to realize the combo nodes should not be restricted to one time only per captain, just limited by valor, then those rich whales would contribute meaningfully to all other captains and the whole fleet benefits.

But this is getting off track now.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lack of crew slots is a serious issue when we have to have many crew out for boss battles. I keep having to freeze and thaw out crew many times a week now just for boss battles. I have the luxury of merits built up to do this but most players do not.
    Let’s fly!
  • They did announce that the Slot Sale would not include free Slots. it is not the first time they did not add free Slots with a Sale. It happens.

I am 99% sure they did not single out any specific person to "slight" or upset by not including free Slots this time.

99%

Maybe they are out to get you and just neglected to invite you to the planning meeting? 😂

vnspz4ltecsg.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • We just got 5 free crew slots not so long ago.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • We just got 5 free crew slots not so long ago.

You are correct. And as shan posted, things are subject to change.

So maybe they will try something new and stop giving free slots all together, i wonder how many “awesomes” that post will get.
This discussion has been closed.