Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek: Critical Chronotion Levels!?

I have not seen much on this anywhere. First, I like that they are trying new things for the midweek. Not all will work or be popular, but I suspect we will eventually get a rotation of good midweek options.

For this new one of spending chronitons, the primary reward is Quantum Energy. Since the rewards are in blocks of 50, 150, 300, 500 and 500 to complete, will the 1,000 cap still be in place? In other words, I am right at 200 since I retrieved a 5 star not too long ago. With the progression, I see me at 700 before the last reward of 500. That is not enough to get a 5 star but I don't want to waste 200 of the 500 to claim it.

Does anyone see anything that might explain how this will work?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    It ran for the first time about a month ago. Here’s discussion from then:

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19711/critical-chroniton-levels/p1

Personally I’m fine with this OE being offered about every 4 to 6 weeks since it’ll speed up crew retrievals for crew I’d like to use.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short version - you can exceed the 1000 quantum cap and get the full reward amount, but you will stop accumulating additional "drip" quantum until you drop below 1000 again.
  • Options
    Great thx. Can’t believe I missed this before but work travel eats me up sometimes!
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took up the offer last time, but I haven't been able to recoup the chrons or credits to take full advantage this time.
    This OE may be a "do when I can" jobby - which this time is not.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I did the 1k spend, and thats where I'm at right now. Not sure if I'll push to 5k, but I know I won't make it to 10k. Just too rich for me. I'm still pleased with the event though.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Galaxy prefarming + 1.5 gold retrievals, a skill polestar, 3 rarity polestars (one of which is a legendary one) - I love this one if it is once a month.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they ran it after a skirmish event, which gives everyone a chance to top up their credits. Assuming they've got enough chrons to support skirmish, then the OE, then a galaxy hybrid.
  • Options
    Also depending on one’s luck the skirmish also presented the opportunity to win chronitons as a bonus to use for more battles to get even more credits or chronitons.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy prefarming + 1.5 gold retrievals, a skill polestar, 3 rarity polestars (one of which is a legendary one) - I love this one if it is once a month.

Agreed. I use skirmishes to prefarm galaxy components, but some things aren't available via ship combat.

With the increased retrievals, I've returned to trying to pull Mobile Doctor so I can get Cheesecake Seven. No luck so far, unfortunately. Although Doctor Van Gogh is now 4/5 and Virtuoso is 7/5.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport