Home The Bridge

FBB and campaign feature crew

Curious about others experiences. Today, one of our nodes was a hunter trait, and the hidden traits were :interrogator, survivalist, veteran. Rura penthe commandent is the only crew with those traits in the game, which is an interesting coincidence in that it is also the feature crew of the premium track of the campaign.

It IS still two days from the time that the crew would be rewarded from normal play and progress on those tracks, but i am curious if others have seen node/trait combos that are exclusive to premium track campaign crew?

Im not sure exactly how i feel about it, good or bad, to me it just looks like a not so sneaky way to encourage campaign sales….and in this example its with crew that have truly marginal utility (fbb, arena, skirmish)

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nodes are generated randomly, for each battles.
    Which campaign is running at the time is completely irrelevant to the nodes generation.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Nodes are generated randomly, for each battles.
    Which campaign is running at the time is completely irrelevant to the nodes generation.

Ok, quite the coincidence then. What would that be, a 1/1200 chance? Or since there were 4 nodes, a 4/1200 chance?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 nodes * 5 chains * 30 days the campaign is active * 5 months FBB has been active * however many fleets are playing FBB. The numbers quickly get high enough that it's going to happen to someone at some point.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious about others experiences. Today, one of our nodes was a hunter trait, and the hidden traits were :interrogator, survivalist, veteran. Rura penthe commandent is the only crew with those traits in the game, which is an interesting coincidence in that it is also the feature crew of the premium track of the campaign.

It IS still two days from the time that the crew would be rewarded from normal play and progress on those tracks, but i am curious if others have seen node/trait combos that are exclusive to premium track campaign crew?

Im not sure exactly how i feel about it, good or bad, to me it just looks like a not so sneaky way to encourage campaign sales….and in this example its with crew that have truly marginal utility (fbb, arena, skirmish)

Looks weird. But he is in the Portal. So, he does fit the guidelines. The odds are much lower than hitting a multi-state lottery, I would think. And people do that pretty often.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are confused since this is not a new crew and is in fact very old. With his traits, he comes up about once a week for me. Although his Kirk counterpart is used more.

8hkixqh9660s.jpg
  • I assume you are confused since this is not a new crew and is in fact very old. With his traits, he comes up about once a week for me. Although his Kirk counterpart is used more.

8hkixqh9660s.jpg

Ive used him to unlock nodes before, but havent seen him as the ONLY crew that can unlok the node prior to this time

Like i said i was just wondering if others saw him this week or if it was councidence
    edited December 2022
    I assume you are confused since this is not a new crew and is in fact very old. With his traits, he comes up about once a week for me. Although his Kirk counterpart is used more.

8hkixqh9660s.jpg

Ive used him to unlock nodes before, but havent seen him as the ONLY crew that can unlok the node prior to this time

Like i said i was just wondering if others saw him this week or if it was councidence

I've had many times that one specific Crew is the only Possible listed for a Node. Let me see if I snapshotted any of the times it happened.

EDIT: Found one.

svbc4u5g0uxx.png

Truly is a coincidence and not like a secret plan to push more Campaign sales. He has been in-game several years. The chances that no one in a full Fleet does not have him {since he is a non-Conditional Sledgehammer} is slim.

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would have thought Mintakin would be the strongest character of them all
    Another possibility is that there was someone else who also hit the Traits, but you did not have that Crew.
  • As the only interrogator, hunter in portal he has a huge number of unique trait possibilities so you'd expect him to come up relatively often, certainly a few per fleet during the campaign.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always suspicious of coincidences, but they do happen. In this case, I believe it just a coincidence. If 20% of fleets have the same coincidence, then you have a case. But this kind of thing happens. My fleet had a time where the one person in the fleet with the needed crew had already won a node. Someone else had a retrieval and got the crew. Very rare, but it happens. I would also expect it to be a coincidence this time since it is a very popular crew. He is very strong for the arena. I've had him immortalized for a long time. Judging by the arena matches, a whole bunch of others have also had him a long.

In short, I totally understand the suspicion that lead to the initial post, but it isn't a conspiracy in this case.
  • I am always suspicious of coincidences, but they do happen. In this case, I believe it just a coincidence. If 20% of fleets have the same coincidence, then you have a case. But this kind of thing happens. My fleet had a time where the one person in the fleet with the needed crew had already won a node. Someone else had a retrieval and got the crew. Very rare, but it happens. I would also expect it to be a coincidence this time since it is a very popular crew. He is very strong for the arena. I've had him immortalized for a long time. Judging by the arena matches, a whole bunch of others have also had him a long.

In short, I totally understand the suspicion that lead to the initial post, but it isn't a conspiracy in this case.

Yep thats why i asked. Just wanted to see others experiences. I oftentimes see the campaign premium track 5* as an option in beholds when the campaign is active, and ive seen it enough to know there is probably something going on there.

But this one i wanted to see others experiences.
    I am always suspicious of coincidences, but they do happen. In this case, I believe it just a coincidence. If 20% of fleets have the same coincidence, then you have a case. But this kind of thing happens. My fleet had a time where the one person in the fleet with the needed crew had already won a node. Someone else had a retrieval and got the crew. Very rare, but it happens. I would also expect it to be a coincidence this time since it is a very popular crew. He is very strong for the arena. I've had him immortalized for a long time. Judging by the arena matches, a whole bunch of others have also had him a long.

Yep thats why i asked. Just wanted to see others experiences. I oftentimes see the campaign premium track 5* as an option in beholds when the campaign is active, and ive seen it enough to know there is probably something going on there.

If the Premium {not the Uber Track} Legendary is in the Portal that is also a coincidence. Now, if a BeGold {other than the Uber Track Special BeGold} has the Uber Track Crew, that would be something they would probably want to check into. Since that Crew should not be in the Portal during the Campaign it is a part of, outside of the Special BeGold.

• I am always suspicious of coincidences, but they do happen. In this case, I believe it just a coincidence. If 20% of fleets have the same coincidence, then you have a case. But this kind of thing happens. My fleet had a time where the one person in the fleet with the needed crew had already won a node. Someone else had a retrieval and got the crew. Very rare, but it happens. I would also expect it to be a coincidence this time since it is a very popular crew. He is very strong for the arena. I've had him immortalized for a long time. Judging by the arena matches, a whole bunch of others have also had him a long.

If the Premium {not the Uber Track} Legendary is in the Portal that is also a coincidence. Now, if a BeGold {other than the Uber Track Special BeGold} has the Uber Track Crew, that would be something they would probably want to check into. Since that Crew should not be in the Portal during the Campaign it is a part of, outside of the Special BeGold.

I only get 5-10 beholds per campaign, normally.

Yet, with those 5-10 beholds, i will end up seeing the premium track legendary, (yes, from the portal) almost every single month.

That is more than a coincidence. And to me, its sneaky incentive for people to pay 9.99 to immortalize the crew. Which is still a good deal, dont get me wrong, but its occurring all the time, and not just for me. People in my fleet have been noticing this for years.