Home The Bridge
Options

DIS Mixed Behold Reward

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Interesting choice for the collection. Get a better chance at a good reward now, or wait until January and get more honor per pack.

If someone has most DIS crew FF then I imagine waiting for the honor is better. If you're missing most of the 5* crew, this is going to be more likely to earn a 5*. But I'm not sure where the breakeven point is.

What are people planning to do?

Comments

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 78 immortal...

**** It - I'll bite and see what I get...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    159 Crew in the collection.

Currently 90 legendary DSC crew, 54 super rare, 9 uncommon and 4 rare. (according to the wiki)
    Red Angel and the most recent won't be in the behold.

According to the text, all crew have an equal chance of being in the behold, the three choices will each have a 62% chance of being a legendary, with about a 5% chance of them all being super-rare.

I am pulling as soon as I get them, I should have a good chance to add stars, or get new legendary crew.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very fun.

f9i2pxtjtv70.png
    5dp1k83yba7z.png
    9e36255oegzf.png
    dxgpcfyfjqws.png
    y230g0mu92s3.png

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    159 Crew in the collection.

Currently 90 legendary DSC crew, 54 super rare, 9 uncommon and 4 rare. (according to the wiki)
    Red Angel and the most recent won't be in the behold.

According to the text, all crew have an equal chance of being in the behold, the three choices will each have a 62% chance of being a legendary, with about a 5% chance of them all being super-rare.

I am pulling as soon as I get them, I should have a good chance to add stars, or get new legendary crew.

Yeah. She is not on the list. But, Locutus WAS in a special Borg Pack or something once. So, interesting that it is kind of a change.

My Pulls {91 Immortalized, so five Beholds}:

bf0c6xmv0qxr.png
    sxpywnbhegq9.png
    9rsvbwuzumjf.png
    7vrqfomrlfa2.png
    dyeat0zhnvxm.png
    rgyhbh8lmxd8.png
    bdw7thrn8eoq.png
    88hwsra5jcmr.png
    3hx6cvutb2ge.png
    l58ffkmvshag.png

Did not remember to Snapshot the one Cellist Adira was in. {Other two were FF Legendaries.}

Cellist Adira is FF now, Leveling at 70 with a Skirmish this week to work on Disco Crew for the Milestones. Mirror Saru is 4*/FE at 100. Second Star for Leland. And Straal is new for me. 550 Honour for Spock.

Also, keep in mind confirmation bias if anyone is going to make note that these five all happened to be 5/5/4 combos.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Sorry I'm not clear, what happens after this special discovery pack goes away? Say I complete a tier in the collection in two weeks, does the prize change or do you get a pack you can't use?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 2x Away team Saru, Bar Georgiou, Vengeful LRell and Ba’ul. Not likely to get to the 100 crew threshold baring an honour sale.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm not clear, what happens after this special discovery pack goes away? Say I complete a tier in the collection in two weeks, does the prize change or do you get a pack you can't use?

If you complete a tier after Jan 10 you get a normal 10x portal pack.

If you complete a tier now and then don't use the pack before Jan 10, you probably lose that pack like you would lose an ultra premium campaign pack if you don't use it in time.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

wlrwfnvhno9s.png
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 packs and was blessed not to see a Tilly or Burnham.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had 89 immortalized, so 5 beholds.

1. 550 honor. Prisoner Cornwell, Lt. Sahil, Undies Larkin - all FF.
    2. Breakthrough Booker (now 3/5), Straal (1/5), Fugitive Burnham (4/4).
    3. Ephraim and Dot (now 1/5), Sahil (5/5), Christopher Pike (1/5).
    4. Resistance Burnham (now FF), Edward Larkin (4/4), EV Suit Pike (4/4).
    5. 550 honor. Fugitive Spock, Returning Saru, Boreth Pike - all FF.

Honestly, much better than I was expecting. B)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all was said and done, I had five beholds. One was an all-immortalized, but I got 3 golds and immortalized a purple. I like it.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Between these mixed behold rewards for the new collection, an active crew giveaway event, two crew earned from the new boss battle feature, and a new mega on the horizon, I can't help but feel like we are [over]due some free crew slots... yup, I'm being that guy...

First the crew slot sale, then the honor sale.
    I'm that that guy...
  • Options
    Had 4 beholds:
    2 copies Captain Burnham (my first)
    Cabaret Georgiou
    Mirror Saru (2nd star)

So this helped me vs a regular premium 10 pull where most likely I would have gotten all frozen beholds.

Maybe this could be a limited time thing going forward with all new collections?
  • Options
    I went 26/32 useful. 3 of which were 4* only(1 of which I didn't have the a 4*).
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    101 FFE to start. Got 6 packs.

3 packs all FFE, Got 3 golds that added stars (didn't finish any crew though) from the other 3. I liked it. better then I'd have done from 6 10 packs.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    5 beholds, 3 begolds, all useful, one new

No point waiting for them to become ordinary as I have all available purps immortalized & am not opening any packs until the next update
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had 93 done, so five packs. One was FF, but the other four netted me golds. Got a 3* on Navigator Stakes and three new to me- Inspiring Burnham, Christopher Pike, and Second Chance Gray. Very happy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    In stark contrast, my purple pull from the OE this week got me a FF behold.

I think cashing in at this stage was the right call
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    This was a fun and fresh idea for a collection. I had 87 immo Disco crew. With the collection bonus packs i ended up FF 4 more FE crew bringing my total to 91.
    Hopefully we will get more of these. 😁
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see similar collections (and packs) for each of the series. Movies could either be lumped with their tv series or combined for a theatrical set. We wouldn't have to worry about TAS and Lower Decks, since they are effectively covered by the animated collection.
  • Options
    I agree - collection packs are a great idea
  • Options
    yes to more collection packs
  • Options
    Oh look, two of the most useless 5* characters in the game!

vc6cyeozupvq.png

(I can't complain too much because I've gotten four 5* characters so far and the others actually will be useful, but this one made me laugh. I took Landry because I liked her, before her unfortunate exit.)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My results from the 5 DMBs earned from the midweek OE:
    1. Cellist Adira (now 2/4), Tenavik (FF), FO Saru (FF).
    2. Straal (now 2/5), Torchy Voq (FF), Suus Mahna Sarek (FF).
    3. Carl, Guardian of Forever (now 5/5), Edward Larkin (FF), Control Leland (0/5).
    4. 550 honor. Captain Killy (FF), Time Loop Mudd (FF), Sarek (FF).
    5. All-in Owosekun (now 2/5), Booker and Grudge (FF), EV Suit Nhan (0/5).

I was skeptical about these mixed behold packs, but I've had a very nice set of outcomes.
    10 packs - 6 legendaries (1 new, 5 improved), 1 SR (improved), and 3 all-FF beholds (1650 honor).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them have been pretty good. My last sadly wasn’t.

5m4tudgbpyrj.png
    Let’s fly!