Home The Bridge
Options

Technician Uhura.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in The Bridge
Time for the usual gripping.

Only two skills, but a nice solid diplomat.

The hull repair is going to be the seller, on par with the other best hr crew.

7lw71ivix1xf.jpg
pi2ui0aw6c93.jpg
1s6abdbuxl55.jpg

Comments

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    rz4stsyrmxkt.png
    t3vao6ath4vo.png
    qnhj4i66bq35.png
    gblnmddzhf1g.png
    (+the obvious Communicator, not shown on that screenshot, for three collections in all)

From one of my favourite Uhura scenes in the whole of TOS, as it happens.

The 25% hull repair with a 20s cycle but slightly faster initialisation than Laborer Kirk/Mok'bara Crusher/Dereth might be interesting to those who are into fine tuning their FBB builds...
  • Options
    Congrats to This Sisko1 on FTM.

@weakinteraction I don't think initialisation time is an issue for HR crew. They are not used until after the second shot in my experience.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dereth and others though have a longer duration which is better and initialization doesn’t matter as you don’t need hull repair until the second boss hit. I like the art but she needs a third skill and some other hook to get me to spend 300,000 honor.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dereth and others though have a longer duration which is better and initialization doesn’t matter as you don’t need hull repair until the second boss hit. I like the art but she needs a third skill and some other hook to get me to spend 300,000 honor.

Duration doesn't matter for hull repair either. It has a small use for dereth with attack, but otherwise a shorter duration to have shorter cycle times is better.

Beyond Uhura not being noticably better for FBB, enough players are done with the bridge or are far enough along with their existing crew that they're not buying a new crew for the current boss. And I wouldn't suggest buying a crew now assuming hull repair will be the right strategy for the next boss.

If Uhura has a use it'll be DIP shuttles. But really she's a pretty clear skip. The honor hall continues to get wise e and worse.
  • Options
    A shorter duration with a longer cooldown, and the same 20s cycle time might be slightly better, if using the artifact.

With a 14s cooldown, there's a good chance systems regeneration will hit it twice, reducing her cycle time from 20 to 16s.

I suspect the actual effect will be small, maybe a few percent over the fight.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »

Duration doesn't matter for hull repair either. It has a small use for dereth with attack, but otherwise a shorter duration to have shorter cycle times is better.

Beyond Uhura not being noticably better for FBB, enough players are done with the bridge or are far enough along with their existing crew that they're not buying a new crew for the current boss. And I wouldn't suggest buying a crew now assuming hull repair will be the right strategy for the next boss.

If Uhura has a use it'll be DIP shuttles. But really she's a pretty clear skip. The honor hall continues to get wise e and worse.

That's a good point. It would be a fun change of pace for the next boss to be something like the remotely Andorian-controlled Romulan ship from Enterprise, where lasting the duration of the fight isn't an issue, but actually being able to hit the target (accuracy) to do damage is. I like the idea of coming up with a new ship/crew combination to maximize damage done per ticket.

Having said that, we have no idea how long the current FBB will run, meaning this new crew could enjoy some value for awhile still.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

That's a good point. It would be a fun change of pace for the next boss to be something like the remotely Andorian-controlled Romulan ship from Enterprise, where lasting the duration of the fight isn't an issue, but actually being able to hit the target (accuracy) to do damage is. I like the idea of coming up with a new ship/crew combination to maximize damage done per ticket.

Having said that, we have no idea how long the current FBB will run, meaning this new crew could enjoy some value for awhile still.

The meta game of figuring out the best strategy for maximizing damage was the most fun I had with FBB. I hope we get something different enough that makes us have to rethink strategies.

Needing high accuracy could be interesting. Another option could be a lot of low accuracy attacks from the boss so keeping evasion up is needed. Or similar super high burst, but high enough damage that you can't repair your way out of it. So you need cloak/evasion to dodge the blast. Or maybe a high shield that is hard to get past. But shield disruption and boarding give you a way to damage the hull.

Basically the boss should be different enough that we need to completely rethink our strategies and figure out new crew that work best.

In terms of timing, I think Ben had once mentioned before year end. That obviously is not happening now. But I'm hoping the new client will include the new boss and we'll hear more with convergence day news in January.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    A shorter duration with a longer cooldown, and the same 20s cycle time might be slightly better, if using the artifact.

With a 14s cooldown, there's a good chance systems regeneration will hit it twice, reducing her cycle time from 20 to 16s.

I suspect the actual effect will be small, maybe a few percent over the fight.

More formally when comparing repair crew with the same cycle:
    If you want the stat, a longer duration is better. Currently that only applies to ATT crew like Dereth.
    Otherwise you want the cooldown to be as long as possible because of CDR shenanigans.

First honour hall crew I’ve considered in awhile. I don’t need her but shes the best repair crew after Dereth. She’s part of 3 collections on top of that.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Logistics aside, she is cute as a basket of kittens in this artwork. 🖖🏻
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    As all of 2-skill 5*Crew I will freeze her, as soon I finished her. She is a missed chance for a good card. :'(
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »
    As all of 2-skill 5*Crew I will freeze her, as soon I finished her. She is a missed chance for a good card. :'(

Better then me. I won't even spend the honor to get her.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Tom Paris would hire her
    5x8ty1qn3qnj.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 3 recent collection bonuses behind from these numbers being maxed, but here is my copy and her numbers. She is my new top DIP base crew.

h95crfuf47ov.jpg

I have also done some limited testing in the Artifact and so far I've never successfully had the CDR remove 4 seconds from her cooldown in one go with the standard random buffs. I will do more testing this weekend and buy some CDR buffs and see if that works.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I have also done some limited testing in the Artifact and so far I've never successfully had the CDR remove 4 seconds from her cooldown in one go with the standard random buffs. I will do more testing this weekend and buy some CDR buffs and see if that works.

I've just watched this happen at least 4 times in a boss fight. 2s ar the beginning of her cooldown, and another 2 at the end.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    But what is she holding behind her back? Why won’t she show us?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what is she holding behind her back? Why won’t she show us?

Nooooothing ....
    ghyph18hh46u.png
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanking pen it is