Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Slots, Dabo Sale, and a new campaign!

Thanks, almost made it with the Christmas spirit. Would it have killed them to give us 5 slots to go along with the sale. Instead, we get a sales pitch and, well....

What did TP get you get for Christmas?

bluxvosile3b.gif

:|

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    7/12: Free crew slots
    9/6: Free crew slots
    10/4: Slot sale
    10/25: Slot increase
    12/20: Slot sale

They have certainly separated free slots, from slot sales, from slot increases. But I don't think you can say they're giving away fewer crew slots. They're just running sales in between the free crew slots so there is something new more often.

With convergence day coming up in January I would expect to see free crew slots offered then.

Thanks for that! I knew it happened a couple times but didn't have the dates. And agreed, we will probably get 5 next month, I was just thinking the "Christmas Gift" would have been, you know, an actual gift of 5 slots then a sale next month. Oh well.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, with the price of coal, y'all lucky to get it. :wink:

Seriously, though: I like free slots, but you know they can't do it too often or it changes some dynamics.

Save your dilithium. I got 30 new crew spots for Christmas. It just took some saving and two monthly cards. I have spent, but not all that much, and not much at all the past year and a half. Still not VIP 14. Been 13 for well over 2 years. Maybe 3. You don't need to spend much. Just get a monthly dilithium card 4 or 5 times a year and save it for crew slot sales. I've been doing this for years and have over 700 spots. And I predict five free ones sometime soon: probably January.

Or if you want to spend on something, that dilithium deal for 21k for 25 dollars (or something close) would give you something like 70 crew slots for 25 dollars. If it were not Christmas buying time and I were not still mildly protesting the game for issues I'll leave out here, then I would buy it. It is frankly a better deal than the advanced reward track.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, with the price of coal, y'all lucky to get it. :wink:

Seriously, though: I like free slots, but you know they can't do it too often or it changes some dynamics.

Save your dilithium. I got 30 new crew spots for Christmas. It just took some saving and two monthly cards. I have spent, but not all that much, and not much at all the past year and a half. Still not VIP 14. Been 13 for well over 2 years. Maybe 3. You don't need to spend much. Just get a monthly dilithium card 4 or 5 times a year and save it for crew slot sales. I've been doing this for years and have over 700 spots. And I predict five free ones sometime soon: probably January.

Or if you want to spend on something, that dilithium deal for 21k for 25 dollars (or something close) would give you something like 70 crew slots for 25 dollars. If it were not Christmas buying time and I were not still mildly protesting the game for issues I'll leave out here, then I would buy it. It is frankly a better deal than the advanced reward track.

Great tip. Only thing is, if they are going to give us 5 in January (which we think, but not certain), why not do it NOW instead. My issue was not the actual 5 slots, more of the "Here is a BIG Christmas Special to CELEBRATE!!!!" message from TP that turns out to be a sales pitch for a campaign and 1/2 price slots and dabo.

Giving us 5 now or 5 3 weeks from won't change the dynamic of the game, it was the intent of 'giving' that seemed lacking.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add they could have also given us this sale last week with the mini event that had as one task spending 950dil.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Crew Slot sale, 5 slot giveaway and Honor Sale should have happened simultaneously with the Discovery resource spend objective event. Would have increased sales of both crew and honor and, more importantly, boosted player satisfaction and joy. This is inelegant game scheduling design.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!! I can finally finish a 5* Odo!!!!!!!!!! I'll just need O'Brien, Ezri, and Bashir to have one or more of each.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*