Home The Bridge
Options

Was this just a bad event, or is the ST community losing interest in the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Echoing others here and repeating what I've said for a couple years now... this game really needs 2 more regular event types. I understand if WRG doesn't want to run another Expedition because they don't make enough $ doing so, but I'm sure there's a way to tweak it so they can make $ and get players interested in it. I also think there should be a voyage-like event type as well.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing others here and repeating what I've said for a couple years now... this game really needs 2 more regular event types. I understand if WRG doesn't want to run another Expedition because they don't make enough $ doing so, but I'm sure there's a way to tweak it so they can make $ and get players interested in it. I also think there should be a voyage-like event type as well.

I agree with this, but I can’t imagine how TP can pull this off given the reduction in resources dedicated to Timelines.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    I really don't know how we could recover the Expedition event type from the cemetery, but a wise doctor once said: he's dead, Jim.

For real, rather I suggest building on the fundament of the popular skirmish event type. How about building up the action with two ships battling two ships at the same time? We could choose both ships and their crew, but control only one and the AI controls our second one, because it's obvious that the HUD would overload the screen and smashing buttons would be too hectic.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I still think a trivia event would work to regenerate players' interest, but I don't see how the studio could monetize that,

I mean, the basic mechanism is already in place, with the bot-check. Get the writer(s) involved and make those mean something.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time the final community reward hasn't been reached. Many excellent points have been made above. It would be very disappointing if this game is winding down.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time the final community reward hasn't been reached.
    Once there was a Convergence Day, where the community rewards structure was so altered, the way up littered with old super rares and legendaries, that we didn't get one. And after that, everyone was gifted a pack in recompense.
    Many excellent points have been made above.
    I'm excited to hear news from the developers. :fingerscrossed:
    It would be very disappointing if this game is winding down.
    Everything is winding down. Like the Grand Canyon. But the Gods created humankind to slow the process down. Or quicken it. No humankind, no thrill.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say I completely sat out this week. No interest in a rerun.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the churn.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust