Home The Bridge
Options

New Faction?

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
I will attribute this to a glitch rather than a pending new faction but you never know.
zi9dx4e9gjlc.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I will attribute this to a glitch rather than a pending new faction but you never know.
    zi9dx4e9gjlc.jpeg

I had this glitch a couple of times over the years. When I restart, it disappears. Would be interesting if it was a new faction…

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Any speculation on what it could be if it were a new Faction? I don’t watch any of the new series so there could be a potential new Faction from one of them.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any speculation on what it could be if it were a new Faction? I don’t watch any of the new series so there could be a potential new Faction from one of them.

This bug predates all of the new Trek shows except Discovery.

That being said, the only new factions from the bewer Trek shows would be the Emerald Chain and Pakleds.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an old bug that comes up every so often after events. It's not a new faction. It has something to do with how they "store" the faction you play with during the event to prevent event performance from impacting the normal faction data.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    And thus the torch is passed to a new generation of players, the Next Generation if you will, and they too will one day tell newer players than them: “no, not a new faction, just a bug; do a hard restart and it will go away.”

:p
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    And thus the torch is passed to a new generation of players, the Next Generation if you will, and they too will one day tell newer players than them: “no, not a new faction, just a bug; do a hard restart and it will go away.”

I always thought it was just after faction events

• Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's an old bug that comes up every so often after events. It's not a new faction. It has something to do with how they "store" the faction you play with during the event to prevent event performance from impacting the normal faction data.

Yes I’m aware of that. It popped up before they added Borg as a Faction a while back. I was just wondering if there were any that would make sense adding.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

I always thought it was just after faction events

I seem to remember it always being after Faction Events or maybe Hybrids with Faction last. But, my memory is not great. But I seem to recall discussion before that the speculation was that it happens sometimes after Faction Events because of the way that Event Factions are moved to the front of the list. If it is now happening after a Galaxy that might mean the speculation was incorrect. Since Galaxies do not "move" any Factions around the list.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    it's a bug older than the game.