Home The Bridge

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forth run of this event, the last was almost exactly a year ago.

Crosis as the five star reward.

Borg themed mega in April?
    Consistent with the recent request for ideas for Borg and engineered crew.
  • GastalvildGastalvild ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    FYI - the splash art is from one of the older runs too (the second running of this event specifically). May want to update it and swap out Kay Eaton for Darlene so as not to confuse players
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such an uninspired, lazy choice. There are so many other events that have never been re-run, yet this one is now on its fourth run.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlene looks weird.😆
    m9f2qg01vvh4.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Hi, question to Nancy. According to the announcement, the following are bonus crew:

Bonus crew
    - high bonus: event crew
    - small bonus: variants of Dax, Quark, Lily, and T. Paris and crew with the ‘Writer’ trait.

Nancy, can you please clarify which variants of Dax? Aside from the Jadzias and the Ezris, can we also expect to include the following as bonuses for this event:
    Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, Tobin O'Brien, Zhi'antara Odo, ...
  • Darlene looks weird.😆
    m9f2qg01vvh4.jpeg

Do not be logical!
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Hi, question to Nancy. According to the announcement, the following are bonus crew:

Bonus crew
    - small bonus: variants of Dax, Quark, Lily, and T. Paris and crew with the ‘Writer’ trait.

Nancy, can you please clarify which variants of Dax? Aside from the Jadzias and the Ezris, can we also expect to include the following as bonuses for this event:
    Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, Tobin O'Brien, Zhi'antara Odo, ...

From that list, Verad and Z-Odo have the hidden trait for Dax-ness but none of the other Zhian'tara characters from the recent mega do. There's also two more non-Jadzia-or-Ezri four stars out there: Yedrin and Esteemed Curzon. Mirror Ezri is also counted as a Dax for game purposes despite not being joined in canon as far as I know.

(Please note: I do not think the trait should be removed from either Odo or Mirror Ezri and am almost nervous about pointing out the inconsistencies. OTOH I do think it should be added for the recent characters like Joran Sisko.)
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Kinda early to have the faction transmissions dropped into our in-game mailboxes already.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    Kinda early to have the faction transmissions dropped into our in-game mailboxes already.

Especially since recent in-game messages have a much shorter (and more variable) lifespan than we're used to. This event-related message will expire at the end of the event it is intended to promote/supply. Not an entirely unreasonable timing, but it might catch a few players by surprise.
  • =j= Founder=j= Founder ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Hi, question to Nancy. According to the announcement, the following are bonus crew:

Bonus crew

I'm getting bonuses from Torias Bashir, Zhi'antara Odo, Curzon Dax, Audrid Quark, and Verad Dax, but not from Lela Kira and others. It's very inconsistent.

@STT Community Could you please clarify why some Dax variants are bonus crew but not others?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonus crew

I'm getting bonuses from Torias Bashir, Zhi'antara Odo, Curzon Dax, Audrid Quark, and Verad Dax, but not from Lela Kira and others. It's very inconsistent.

@STT Community Could you please clarify why some Dax variants are bonus crew but not others?

I, too, saw some do Bonus but not others. I remember Esteemed Curson did for sure. Evil Sisko did not. My memory does not help further.

But, all the new Daxi should if the identifier is "Dax", not "Jadzia".
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Agreed, @DScottHewitt
    Jump start went okay, still.

bg8m1wwqxbkt.png

A couple of example screenshots. Including Sisko not being Bonus.

x4u8udqero2l.png
    1pxnoojyujy3.png

• ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Unusual shuttle seats too- I'm sure each faction 8 is 3x 3 seater, 4x 4 seater, 1x 5 seater.
    Either I've counted wrong, or we're on 1 and 2x 3 seater (inconsistent between factions)?
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

The recent Dax variants don’t count as Dax. Audrid gets a bonus as he is Quark variant not because he counts as Dax variant.

That’s not to say they shouldn’t count as Dax. If Zhi’antara Odo counts as a Dax the likes of Joran, Torias, Audrid and Lela should as well.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Dragen wrote: »
    If Zhi’antara Odo counts as a Dax the likes of Joran, Torias, Audrid and Lela should as well.
    I might be wrong, but maybe the devs treated Odo differently, since his shape-shifting body altered too, whereas the others' bodies stayed the same. It's like possession vs. transformation.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here to ask about some variants of Dax not working, doesn't appear we're getting an answer.
    VP for community awards about 33M an hour, consistently for the first 6 hours.

That will earn us the portal pull at about 30 hours at this rate.
    I came here to ask about some variants of Dax not working, doesn't appear we're getting an answer.

It's the weekend. Which is an unfortunate part of the Events being Thursday to Monday. However, there is a two business days Windows there at the start, if comments are seen. This was noticed on the first day, IIRC.

And commented on. I guess the comments just were not noted.

In the old days, issues might be addressed by an extension {universally hated} or a "bump" to the next level of Legendary Rewards. No idea if either is still even considered.

Bonus crew

Was actually asked about the day the Event was posted, a week before it even started. {This was about the fifth reply, and is the same date.}

Never responded to or addressed by PCBS/WRG/TP/DB/XYZ.

People bringing up so many that should count when the Event started and we started noting errors is one thing. The company would have better optics if the week that passed before the Event, it had been addressed and the ones missing a Tag they obviously should have had been fixed.

Not being mean. Just pointing out that this should not happen again. Meant as feedback on how to correct an issue. Because letting that week lapse without a fix before the Event is an issue.

VP for community awards about 33M an hour, consistently for the first 6 hours.

That will earn us the portal pull at about 30 hours at this rate.

Now the shuttles have finished, we have dropped down to 20M and hour.

At this rate we should manage it, but it will be close.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    So does Curzon & many others. N

You could always check datacore to find the answer

Just for future reference
    So does Curzon & many others. N

You could always check datacore to find the answer

Just for future reference

But, that does not address the problem. Multiple people who should count did not count. And it was brought up over a week before the Event that it needed to be checked. Letting it "slide" strongly implies apathy on the part of the Devs about the game. If they don't care, players are going to stop caring enough to spend money. Zombie just quit. If not a day one player, was probably close to one.
    It may not address the problem but it answers the problem

How would them not showing in DataCore as having a Trait/Tag they should have "answer" the problem of multiple Crew that should count as Dax not counting as Dax in an Event where variants of Dax are Bonus? Wouldn't make much difference in the Galaxy portion, but would have helped newer players that have some of all the new Daxi from the Dax Mega in the Faction portion.

Because they, as newer players, might not have a lot of the older Quarks, Parii, or Daxi. But, they might have been playing just a few months ago and thus might have some of the newer ones from that Mega.

The only new one that counted, counted because it was a Quark. Not because it was a Dax variant.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Crewman Dax gets added to the game, will they give him the trait (by accident)?
    iz68fbkg5rzp.jpg
    0pz16rkn81be.jpg
    If Crewman Dax gets added to the game, will they give him the trait (by accident)?
    iz68fbkg5rzp.jpg
    0pz16rkn81be.jpg

Instead of the several missing it?

Most likely.

5ay3vdok70cb.gif

How would them not showing in DataCore as having a Trait/Tag they should have "answer" the problem of multiple Crew that should count as Dax not counting as Dax in an Event where variants of Dax are Bonus? Wouldn't make much difference in the Galaxy portion, but would have helped newer players that have some of all the new Daxi from the Dax Mega in the Faction portion.

Because they, as newer players, might not have a lot of the older Quarks, Parii, or Daxi. But, they might have been playing just a few months ago and thus might have some of the newer ones from that Mega.

The only new one that counted, counted because it was a Quark. Not because it was a Dax variant.

Going to event planner, click on show only event crew

piq49v155g4d.jpg

piq49v155g4d.jpg

Okay. That does not add the Trait/Tag to the Crew that are missing it. That would be up the game people. DataCore can't {as far as I know} make in-game changes to the Crew.

Which I think you probably do know.

Have a nice day.

piq49v155g4d.jpg

Okay. That does not add the Trait/Tag to the Crew that are missing it. That would be up the game people. DataCore can't {as far as I know} make in-game changes to the Crew.

Which I think you probably do know.

Have a nice day.

As I said before, it provides a solution to the problem :smile: I already know what crew I need to use & defrost straight away