Home The Bridge
Options

920: new FBB logic?

I vaguely remember that it was once announced (a long time ago) that after the client update only crew with non-unique traits would be able to solve nodes.
Has this been implemented? I've observed our fleet's boss battles for the past couple of days, and haven't seen a single crew with unique traits solve any node. That could be a coincidence of course. But if not, it'd speed up node solving tremendously (especially if the new logic gets included in Datacore, to avoid manual work entirely.)

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was announced that 9.2.0 would make it so every node has at least two portal crew that can solve it.
  • Options
    It was implemented before 9.2, but never announced. However nightmare 5th node suffers from a bug and can still have unique solution.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was implemented before 9.2, but never announced. However nightmare 5th node suffers from a bug and can still have unique solution.

Thought it was just fifth chain of nightmare rather than 5th node.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. How do you know about those details when it was never announced? One of the video streams?
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

It's the last 3 chains of NM, since they're the only ones with a fifth node. We just had a NM run where all three 5-node chains had a unique solution.

The issue has been reported and acknowledged however no ETA on a fix.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. How do you know about those details when it was never announced? One of the video streams?

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19919/discord-forums-exclusive-stt-state-of-the-game/p1

It was indeed announced, on these very forums!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

It's the last 3 chains of NM, since they're the only ones with a fifth node. We just had a NM run where all three 5-node chains had a unique solution.

The issue has been reported and acknowledged however no ETA on a fix.

Thanks for the clarification. I had apparently gotten that confused.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the updated information in this thread. I was assuming the change had not been implemented since we often see single option nodes.
  • Options
    My fleet(s) are only running Ultra. This problem continues to recur in 1 of every 4 BBB rotations, per fleet, respectively, in any given chain. Ive sent a ticket as Ben has continued to recommend. The reply was “no widespread reports” of this problem. 😲
    So my question (rhetorical) 🤪
    1. Again the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing or vice versa
    2. C/S is clearly told to downplay glitch reports
    3. Or players fail to send C/S notification while reporting in all other forms of communication.

Is everyone sending C/S communications on these things? Shan…..Ben and everyone in between has said send in tickets for glitch reports. Could it be possible they don’t take us seriously on the forums😳? Or until they get a “flood of tickets” they don't consider it “widespread” therefore not worth investigating?
    In the past and now, when I get the standard reply, I send the link to the forum thread in my re-reply to CS. I get a much better clarification and often an escalated reply to a C/S manager.
  • Options
    My fleet(s) are only running Ultra. This problem continues to recur in 1 of every 4 BBB rotations, per fleet, respectively, in any given chain. Ive sent a ticket as Ben has continued to recommend. The reply was “no widespread reports” of this problem. 😲
    3. Or players fail to send C/S notification while reporting in all other forms of communication.

Is everyone sending C/S communications on these things? Shan…..Ben and everyone in between has said send in tickets for glitch reports. Could it be possible they don’t take us seriously on the forums😳? Or until they get a “flood of tickets” they don't consider it “widespread” therefore not worth investigating?
    In the past and now, when I get the standard reply, I send the link to the forum thread in my re-reply to CS. I get a much better clarification and often an escalated reply to a C/S manager.

Shan has been gone from WRG for some time now.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't send in reports as I don't believe they care about me. But I suppose I probably should.
  • Options

Shan has been gone from WRG for some time now.

Thank you for checking that we are all up to date and current. Since we don't currently seem to have an interactive daily devoted community manager the players helping each other is important.

Ive been aware of Shans departure long before it was announced. The entire 7 years running that Shan was moderator, and when Shan took over as C/S manger she always told us to report bugs and glitches through tickets along with posts on the forums.
  • Options
    I don't send in reports as I don't believe they care about me. But I suppose I probably should.

In the past, this forums served as a gathering place for the most active and involved players. But when we wanted to get something done there was always a call out for sending droves of tickets. The players here spread that info in game “flood tickets” and things got done. Maybe C/S would appear to not care about the average ticket. But when they get masses of tickets about the same thing they take note. They always have, thats how we got things done.
  • Options
    I would add, (per Shan of past) when an official ticket is sent, it carries the DBID which brings up account info including player history, device, and gives a record of player activity to illustrate the issue you are reporting. Adding pics here in the forums gives a visual but does not bring the tools they need to check the circumstance of glitches.
    Which explains why Shan always told us to send a ticket along with the forum report. Once Shan became C/S manager she would go into the C/S system to look for the correlating tickets of the forum glitch reports.