dovbw71siep6.png
Borg collection expanding to 40:
c96wr967q82u.png

VOD with chat history available on Twitch and Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/@TrekTime

Comments

• Options
    Ben also likes Taco Bell.

Gauntlet behold would be great, but the problem of acquiring specific exclusives will still grow worse over time. Glad they're seemingly willing to listen. Hope it's purchasable in the honor hall!

I heard that eventually citations will be purchasable with replication rations. Can you comment on this?

Where did you hear this? Would be a great idea - can't see it but maybe I'm just being cynical lol.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to be the one to say this, but can't we disagree civily? Especially on Easter?

Wishing all the best to those who like different sources, I like the forums because it is not one more social media source to bother with. I downloaded Discord when boss battles were new and my fleet was needing more communication, but I haven't opened it in months. I don't even know what Twitch is, and I don't have Twitter. Why make it complicated? Everyone has internet. Nothing extra to download. This is best.

Why especially on Easter?
  • Options
    Sick of all the lies and wrong promises and constant mess ups over and over again, for the last 7years+….it‘s not the players fault that they ran the game the way they did. Pure incompetance and ignorance. They probably forgot who paid their salaries. I won t do it any longer.

Today i finall deleted the app. I m done for good.
    In max 6 months, everyone will be. This game is DEAD.

I just did the same thing. 6 year player here. Ive been in all of your fleets.

And ive spent a LOT of money on this game. But i wont any longer.

I agree there is no more than 6 months left. The cascading effect of no money coming in from lots of people who are quitting will be the death blow.

Wrg had every opportunity to listen, but chose to be ignorant. Its a shame.

Who are you really? Surely you aren't using this brand new guest account to circumvent a ban, or just to post anonymously without anyone knowing who you really are?
  • Options
    AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    what an odd easter weekend argument.

the discussion on the facebooks was zombie, vampire or lich. giving up a weekend for your sins.
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Options
    We are Borg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are Borg

I is Spartacus!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to say this, but can't we disagree civily? Especially on Easter?

Wishing all the best to those who like different sources, I like the forums because it is not one more social media source to bother with. I downloaded Discord when boss battles were new and my fleet was needing more communication, but I haven't opened it in months. I don't even know what Twitch is, and I don't have Twitter. Why make it complicated? Everyone has internet. Nothing extra to download. This is best.

WRG’s left hand (let’s call her Nancy) doesn’t know what it’s right hand (let’s call him Ben) is doing. Ideally, any information divulged in one area by WRG would be released in other areas. Sadly, that isn’t what happened here.

The one thing I do not want to encourage is WRG retreating solely to these forums. A miniscule percentage of the playerbase can be found here and I don’t blame players who don’t want to be here, since a lot of the time this place seems to double as an insane asylum.

We need to work together as a community to make sure we’re as in the loop as possible, since DB/WRG/TP has had little interest in doing so over the years.

This is a problem. No communication from the communication manager in 5 days:
    5zadccsqn1g4.jpg

Not good. That last post was probably the Event thread? If that is all they are going to let her do, how long before she is gone and Ben does it?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

WRG’s left hand (let’s call her Nancy) doesn’t know what it’s right hand (let’s call him Ben) is doing. Ideally, any information divulged in one area by WRG would be released in other areas. Sadly, that isn’t what happened here.

The one thing I do not want to encourage is WRG retreating solely to these forums. A miniscule percentage of the playerbase can be found here and I don’t blame players who don’t want to be here, since a lot of the time this place seems to double as an insane asylum.

We need to work together as a community to make sure we’re as in the loop as possible, since DB/WRG/TP has had little interest in doing so over the years.

5zadccsqn1g4.jpg

Last active on Wednesday. Let's look at those dates for a minute before crying wolf.

Thursday no activity
    Friday was Good Friday and likely a holiday and day off work for her.
    Saturday and Sunday are weekends when Nancy was definitely off.
    Today is Monday. Depending on where Nancy works, Easter Monday may be a holiday and another day off.

If she hasn't been active for the rest of the week that's an issue. But an employee not logging into work over a holiday weekend is hardly a scandal.

I lose track. I did not even know it was Easter weekend until someone mentioned it yesterday. Valid reasoning.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each social platform has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Social media like Facebook and Twitter are great for announcements, as they tend to have the largest audiences and are very mobile friendly. However, they have poor options for managing conversations, particularly multiple at the same times.

Live chat like Discord is a great place for discussions, since chatting is one of the most natural ways to communicate. However, it's also a bit ephemeral.

Forums are a stalwart generalist. It does announcements, but not as well as social media. It does discussions, but trades natural chat for preservation. It even acts as an information repository like a wiki, but without the focused format. Unfortunately, it's also the least mobile friendly, even with modern software like Vanilla or Discourse.

Reddit is similar to forums in many ways, although management is very different, and they access a larger potential audience.

And this doesn't even touch YouTube, Tik Tok, Twitch, et cetera.

CMs these days tend to utilize multiple platforms to take advantage of their various strengths, and reach folks with different social preferences. I love forums and understand why this is the preference for many folks - it's mine as well for STT. But asking WRG to ignore other platforms would cut out a lot of the player base.

And, if any action they took on one had to be copy and pasted on all others, that would eat up a ton of time. And highlights tend to bounce between the forums, discord, and reddit pretty readily.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

5zadccsqn1g4.jpg

Last active on Wednesday. Let's look at those dates for a minute before crying wolf.

Thursday no activity
    Friday was Good Friday and likely a holiday and day off work for her.
    Saturday and Sunday are weekends when Nancy was definitely off.
    Today is Monday. Depending on where Nancy works, Easter Monday may be a holiday and another day off.

If she hasn't been active for the rest of the week that's an issue. But an employee not logging into work over a holiday weekend is hardly a scandal.

I lose track. I did not even know it was Easter weekend until someone mentioned it yesterday. Valid reasoning.

Since Nancy was last active Wednesday, even with all of the easter festivities its been nearly a week at this point.

During similar steps away there was normally an announcement from shan that they would be gone for a while, with benny boy handling announcements in the interim.

Now, we get silence. Is that better or worse?

Still holding out hope for ben to ride in on a pony and save the day, but every passing moment from the time i deleted the game has been confirmation that it was the right call.

Maybe she part Greek and is celebrating Greek Orthodox Holy Week.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Furthermore, official channels provide a level of professionalism and trust that may not be present on other platforms. Customers are more likely to take information and responses seriously when they come from an official source, rather than a random user on a social media platform or forum.

While I generally agree with the logic behind your post, the highlighted paragraph broke my irony detector, given that there is no more random user than guest (why does the WRG forum even allow guests to post?).

In the past, Shan would have made a cross post with items brought up on Timelines Talks, which would help address these issues. That, sadly, doesn’t seem like a thing anymore.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    In my opinion, CMs should prioritize channels that offer the best engagement.

I love forums, and I'm quite fond of these forums specifically. Not only have they housed a great community, but I've administered HL Vanilla forums myself, and these were setup with some of the same preferences I had. So for me, they feel right.

If folks feel these forums aren't getting proper WRG attention, I'm not going to stand in the way of their opinion. But I personally think it's unrealistic to expect forums to be the top priority rather than one platform among many. Putting too many eggs in one basket isn't wise, especially given that STT is a predominantly mobile game and forums tend to be particularly weak for mobile engagement.

Frankly. I'm just happy they weren't cut as part of the layoffs. Forums have a cost to maintain which social media, reddit, and Discord do not.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Ben could start actually posting Updates here on the Forums which should include communications from the company.

Rather than others having to post what he says other places.

Total appreciation to the people actually doing what Ben should be doing in the first place!!!!!

It's not 1998 and WRG realizes that a vBulletin message board isn't the best place to engage their Mobile game user base. Sometimes news breaks on Twitter, sometimes on Twitch. Q&As are held for their largest player base on Discord and sometimes news is posted here. Discord has hundreds online at all times and thousands of unique visitors, this website is not and should not be the primary source of news for the majority of the players.

There's a reason they've moved away from the forums and why there's a manager in place here and nowhere else. Employees don't want to wade through pages of bitter complainers who are old enough to know better. When you see Ben, Matt, Joe, Carmen, Fury talking with players on Discord or community streams, they're having a good time and are almost always treated with respect. In contrast, employees have joked about the fact that they avoid the forums. (Bonus points if you can guess on which platform Ben and others have received death threats before)

The irony here is that I'm responding to a user who's been ignored for years as part of the problem, because I saw their message quoted by someone else. If the forums want to be treated like adults, they should behave like adults. By the way, thanks to WRG Matt for stopping by the Timelines Talks discord yesterday to talk a bit about the upcoming patch 9.3.
    Ben also likes Taco Bell.

Gauntlet behold would be great, but the problem of acquiring specific exclusives will still grow worse over time. Glad they're seemingly willing to listen. Hope it's purchasable in the honor hall!

I heard that eventually citations will be purchasable with replication rations. Can you comment on this?

Where did you hear this? Would be a great idea - can't see it but maybe I'm just being cynical lol.

Ben made a joke in stream chat about turning rations into cites. It wasn't serious.

THEY created this Forum. Communications definitely should be done here. Regardless of how diligently and adamantly some people feel they have to defend their faulty decisions.

They supposedly now have someone who is specifically employed to deliver information. They need to pass game updates to that person so she can do the job she is here for. There is a specific sub-forum designated to update the players on the game.

They should more fully utilize it.

Sorry if that fact upsets anyone who feels they can do no wrong and make no mistakes.

You are one of the people who has made the forums an infrequent place to visit (you are not the worst by any means, but you are definitely part of the problem). The toxicity here is useful to no one. This is now just a place to keep the toxicity from spreading into other areas.