Home The Bridge

New FBB resource requirements

This is going to be an extremely unpopular opinion, but I am glad to see what they did with the resource cost.

Reason 1: I won't be done with it in quickly. It will take me a lot longer to complete. I like events that have staying power.

Reason 2: Anything is better then the previous 4 months being at max Bridge level. Honor farming is ok, but it gets tedious and boring.

Reason 3: The final amount does not rely solely on Ultra-Nightmare. You need 220 Ultras to get the Bril 3. After that the Mag, can be gotten from ANY level.

Reason 4: As indicated, I generally use all 8 auto generated Valor per day. 5 goes to Ultra Nightmare and 1 goes to each Hard, Brutal, and Nightmare for honor farming. It's nice to know the other 3 attacks are generating more then just honor.

Reason 5: The rewards aren't RNG(gauntlet, voyage only 5*) nor are they fully p2w(you can influence it but it's still a fleet thing).

Comments

• Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Totally depends on your fleet - which of course I know nothing about - but I think using valor on hard & brutal is a waste & should focus instead just on NM
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    This mornings UNM had a 20% damage reduction from the chain. The Bridge is currently bugged and would’ve died faster thus getting us more magnesite. This is a greater concern than some magnesite cost we might not have to worry about for a few months.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    This mornings UNM had a 20% damage reduction from the chain. The Bridge is currently bugged and would’ve died faster thus getting us more magnesite. This is a greater concern than some magnesite cost we might not have to worry about for a few months.

Agreed. It also greatly affects the other hits that I do. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    Totally depends on your fleet - which of course I know nothing about - but I think using valor on hard & brutal is a waste & should focus instead just on NM

With being able to start the battle at a specific time per day, we are usually able to kill 1 UN per day. That feature has been a game changer. Most also hit the hard.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us probably forget that the main bottleneck in old low Level Bridge days was the Magnesite. I was stuck several times with plenty of Bil of the Ranks needed, but had to run several fights to cover the Mag.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I dont entirely disagree with what i perceive to be the crux of your post, which, correct me if im wrong, i take to be that its a good thing that the task of accomplishing levels 20-30 will take time.

In my opinion, i think the rewards you get for accomplishing these levels in comparison with the amount of time it will take to actually earn them is way too skewed and it actually is enough of a chore that it caused me to pause and ask myself, why am i even entertaining the idea of this type of a grind? Which, along with other reasons, has lead to me deleting the game.

I would prefer that they either drastically improved the rewards (maybe by removing replication rations and other junk items), inclusion of more higher tier rewards, etc. or, if wrg is fixated on the idea of filler material, they could have just taken the sum of resources and effort necessary to get from level 20-30, and instead of ten levels spread that out over 40 or 50 levels, with more filler if need be.

I say this because progression through monotonous tasks like fbb has become definitely require some candy along the way. Instead of long dry spells with nothing happening.

But it dosnt matter what we say here. No one at wrg is reading this posts or gives any attention to what is posted here.

Things get much sweeter Reward-wise at Bridge 23. Unconditional unlimited use 400% Sledgehammer.

But, I understand why most people who are past Bridge 20 might not need a lot of the "filler" Rewards.
  • Totally depends on your fleet - which of course I know nothing about - but I think using valor on hard & brutal is a waste & should focus instead just on NM

Nightmare NM does not get you bilitrium III, a vital component in high level bridges. As Shadow says, the coordination of start times was vital to insure UN success for us. I don't believe we've missed one since we received the ability to time our starts precisely.

With that being the case, we can throw some extra valor into Hard in order to farm Magnisite, honor, etc. For us, it's an easy kill and you can reap a nice set of rewards every few hours for a single valor or two. My opinion of course.. play as you'd like & LLAP!

Adm [BART'S]KopaceticK
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good thing they have locked down who can start a battle with the current resource costs . Just a question, why are we being forced to replay level 20?
    It's a good thing they have locked down who can start a battle with the current resource costs . Just a question, why are we being forced to replay level 20?

I wondered about that. Maybe it was easier for whoever was coding to change the "looping" Bridge Level than to start at 21, for some reason? But never having coded beyond the simple tricks we did on an Apple IIe in high school, I have no idea what that reason might be.
  • People have made to level 20? This is common? My fleet only just made a first dent in level 9. We only make 50% on Nightmare maybe once or twice each week. I give up already on that part of game.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sashenka wrote: »
    People have made to level 20? This is common? My fleet only just made a first dent in level 9. We only make 50% on Nightmare maybe once or twice each week. I give up already on that part of game.

What is the size of your fleet? I'm proud to be in a fleet that is laid-back. But we still habe between 40 and 46 (it fluctuates) members who are reasonably active. We have put forth a great deal of effort to help those who play very little and need extra fbb help. But just about all of us have reached level 20. It was tough at first, but many of us made great efforts to use retrieval and get useful crew. Others have become the fleet experts in figuring out crew nodes. If only five or six people actively go after nodes and another five or six can hit power numbers, you should still be in a position to have high bridge numbers.

Unless you have a tiny feet. And some really like it that way, so good for them. Others have very inactive fleets and like that. I would recommend finding a fleet that meets your activity levels if you are not content where you are. But if you are content, be happy.

But know that level 20 is not uncommon at all.
    AviTrek wrote: »

Because it's a whole new level with different requirements to complete and different buffs to gain. It doesn't matter but label you put on it. This was the first of the new sets of levels they want you to complete. And if they made this 21, then every player currently below 20 would have had to play the dumb level 20 after finishing 19 before going to the new 21. So they changed 20 so everyone else can just go from the old 19 to the first new level they're now calling 20.

That makes perfect sense!

People have made to level 20? This is common? My fleet only just made a first dent in level 9. We only make 50% on Nightmare maybe once or twice each week. I give up already on that part of game.

Several of our Fleet members are past 20. I think I'm into 21 or 22, with the AM one fully filled. Our Fleet was alternating UNM/NM before the change to UNM let everyone get some of the materials they need for their Bridge with us concentrating on UNM.

As your Fleet is able to do higher level Bosses, you will make progress faster. The FBB Crew help, as well, as you reach them. IIRC, each drops three copies along the way. And both are quite worth Citing. McCoy does +25 Attack on a Position ship Immortalized.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    My 3 account fleet were all stuck at level 9. But with the month long event which yields Bitrium II, I will be at level 11. Because of saved FBB event rewards , total of 12 valor for each account (this is 4 events with each having 3 valor) and a x4 boost on attack for current FBB (from node solved) I will finish Brutal level.
    So I could start NM tomorrow, not sure if I should start yet. Have to figure out ship and crew for max damage, with what I have in crew and ships for each account.

I came into the current FBB event with my 3rd account finishing level 10 (spent dil. To get 2 xtra sets of arena tickets) my 1st and 2nd account are both on level 10 with half of it done. (Two days to get the 100 arena battles in for 10 bitrium II reward)

Of course my 3rd account does less damage on the average with the same ship and crew (ship max level and crew all immortalized) then my other accounts🤔
    But that account has finished level 10 bridge and the others have not.

• Sashenka wrote: »

What is the size of your fleet? I'm proud to be in a fleet that is laid-back. But we still habe between 40 and 46 (it fluctuates) members who are reasonably active. We have put forth a great deal of effort to help those who play very little and need extra fbb help. But just about all of us have reached level 20. It was tough at first, but many of us made great efforts to use retrieval and get useful crew. Others have become the fleet experts in figuring out crew nodes. If only five or six people actively go after nodes and another five or six can hit power numbers, you should still be in a position to have high bridge numbers.

Unless you have a tiny feet. And some really like it that way, so good for them. Others have very inactive fleets and like that. I would recommend finding a fleet that meets your activity levels if you are not content where you are. But if you are content, be happy.

Hmm. There is always 50 members, when someone is inactive for too long they get removed and almost immediately someone new comes in. But I think only 25 to 30 do fbb regularly. Now they are only opening nightmare so maybe that help make everyone do that one, but I don’t know.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. There is always 50 members, when someone is inactive for too long they get removed and almost immediately someone new comes in. But I think only 25 to 30 do fbb regularly. Now they are only opening nightmare so maybe that help make everyone do that one, but I don’t know.

Just having 50 members isn’t enough. You need to all be pushing in the same direction. Look at how many people complete their daily missions and how many people are meeting or exceeding maximum damage reward threshold of the boss (for nightmare, that’s 60 million damage).
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Just having 50 members isn’t enough. You need to all be pushing in the same direction. Look at how many people complete their daily missions and how many people are meeting or exceeding maximum damage reward threshold of the boss (for nightmare, that’s 60 million damage).

25-30 people should be more than sufficient for NM. 31 people scoring the minimum will kill it. It’s enough for UNM. It’s not enough for UNM and NM but once people start seeing success they may be more willing to jump in.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Navarch wrote: »

25-30 people should be more than sufficient for NM. 31 people scoring the minimum will kill it. It’s enough for UNM. It’s not enough for UNM and NM but once people start seeing success they may be more willing to jump in.

25-30 people doing decent chunks of damage will. If you have 20 people doing 10 million or less damage each, the odds go down a lot. In a fleet of 50 that is just now starting on nightmare, I suspect there’s a lot of folks who don’t have good strategy. There are fleets that can successfully beat the ultra boss with 30-ish people doing any damage (my 3rd account is in a fleet of 37 that consistently beats ultra).
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    You have to have a good system for working out the nodes too
    Once you clear all nodes, then it makes finishing the boss easy
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    [deleted, wrong comment in wrong thread]
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Yay, the boss battle damage bug has been fixed. I can survive on auto again.

md2uhud0vja7.jpg

(Look in engineering if you hadn't gotten to level 21 yet and are confused)

I'm glad it's fixed. I wonder why it was included in the release notes. Nancy said it was being fixed in the engineering room thread.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is fixed...now maybe they should send everyone another 4 or 8 valor...... ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.