Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Galaxy Event Notes: Half-Life (Mega Event #2) - 2023-04-20

Greetings, Captains!
Announcing the second part of our Mega Event "Electric Dreams." In this event, we have a new Galaxy event called "Half-Life."

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20324/galaxy-event-notes-half-life-2023-04-20

Comments

• Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    @STT Community Axum is a variant of Five of Twelve (hidden trait "five") so Five of Twelve should also get the event bonus but it is not listed in your announcement. Can you confirm that Five of Twelve is not receiving a bonus?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community Axum is a variant of Five of Twelve (hidden trait "five") so Five of Twelve should also get the event bonus but it is not listed in your announcement. Can you confirm that Five of Twelve is not receiving a bonus?

He would already have the bonus as a Borg. Though it does make me concerned that Axum won't be Borg traited, like with Annika Hansen Seven.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    EnderW wrote: »
    He would already have the bonus as a Borg.

Ah, you're right. But I am still interested in making that distinction between variant and trait bonuses for logging and crew rating purposes.
  • Options
    Interesting that we're getting the "existing crew is 5* not 4*" event as the second of four. If I recall correctly (I may well not) when they've done this before in megas it's always been the final week.
  • Options

@EnderW was correct. Five of Twelve already has the Borg trait, so it is receiving a bonus.
  • Options
    Interesting that we're getting the "existing crew is 5* not 4*" event as the second of four. If I recall correctly (I may well not) when they've done this before in megas it's always been the final week.

We have had this type of inverted events frequently. As you may recall, sometimes they occur at the end of a mega event, but this is not always the case. For example, the Second Contact Mega Event.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Soooo...given that Axum and Borg Baby Boimler aren't traited as Borg, are we going to have enough new event Borg crew to get to the collection's 40 mark?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Shame that a copy of Annika isn't going to be given.
    That might've persuaded me to push further than crew threshold
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Soooo...given that Axum and Borg Baby Boimler aren't traited as Borg, are we going to have enough new event Borg crew to get to the collection's 40 mark?

Just add Assimilated Spock back.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axum makes sense. Annika Hansen doesn't have Borg either. BB Boimler is odd. He would have it the same way the Tribbled trait works.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*