Home The Bridge
Options

Magnecite shortages. Captain Bridge Boss Battles.

edited April 2023 in The Bridge
So level 21 needed 26,250 magnecite and 20 Bilitrium 3

Level 22 needs 36,000 magnecite and 20 Bilitrium 3.

10x Ultra Nightmare = 20 Bilitrium 3 but only 8000 magnecite

32,767 magnecite is the games self imposed limit. Which I had saved ready for the 9.2 upgraded Boss Battles. So Level 20 was easily cleared and nearly all of Level 21. However now my buffer has been used Level 22 needs an extra 28,000 magnecite from Nightmare, Brutal & Hard adding nearly 900 magnecite for each Ultra Nightmare. Roughly 17,000 magnecite when I have 20x Bilitrium 3.

I'm spending 500-750 dilithium to run 4 Boss Battles just to gain extra magnecite. The previous change to magnecite needs to be readjusted in each level now needs a further 10k increase in Magnecite. The balance of magnecite needs to be looked at as it's now set up for the spending players too heavily.

Magnecite is a bottleneck resource issue that might have been unforseen when the Boss Battles were extended. I thought a new Bridge Crew from TNG with 20 levels was being created rather than extending TOS from 20-30?

Shan please request the magnecite rewards are adjusted either from Boss Rewards or how many are needed from Level 20-30. As a 10k increase per level is virtually unworkable.

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that just about everyone was surprised by the magnesite requirements, and that many of us were sitting at the cap while we waited for 9.2. You'll recall it took folks a long time to get to level 20 the first time through too, so ultimately I'm not really bothered by this. Level 1-20 was a grind, and so level 20-30 will be as well.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this shows us the absurdity of this month-long objective event. I can't imagine having a shortage of anything except magnasite. Yet that is what they put as the minimum rewards. They should have it as the maximum rewards.
    I was thrilled with all of the magnasite the event provided . . . but did stop paying attention to it the second I'd acquired it all.

I think it's fine for bridge improvement to be slow. Having long term goals objectives is great.

But it is odd to be stockpiling "rare" materials and be terminally restricted by the common stuff. Perhaps there's something else in store for them in the future, or maybe we need some alternate magnasite sources.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I'd love a few new midweek OE types - one giving magnesite being one of them. I think a new month long OE rewarding a legendary cite is also a good idea.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I do not object to the new bridge levels being a marathon, but I do question the execution. Having ample Bilitrium but having Magnesite be the bottleneck feels like having easy access to vats of caviar and needing to wait around to find the occasional paper plate to portion it out.

True but is it any different from say 0* Holoprograms?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not object to the new bridge levels being a marathon, but I do question the execution. Having ample Bilitrium but having Magnesite be the bottleneck feels like having easy access to vats of caviar and needing to wait around to find the occasional paper plate to portion it out.

It makes sense though, since many players have been stockpiling the more rare components since reaching bridge level 20 months ago. This was really the only way they could do it so the players from advanced fleets wouldn't simply breeze through the expanded levels quickly, or further alienate the smaller fleets by requiring massive amounts of the components that have been largely out of reach for them. In a sense, this approach somewhat levels the playing field for all fleets, since the expanded levels are less about 'if' and more about 'when', with the bottleneck involving the most readily available and easily acquired component.
  • Options
    A bottleneck is one thing. This is about a year and a half for most successful fleets. There are some dilithium spenders that will greatly accelerate that but those are the minority.

Fleet Boss Battles is the last released major feature game mode and it is likely quite some time before we see the next one. I am not seeing any fun or sense of accomplishment in just doing the same thing every day for the next year and a half for one new crew and some fraction of a percent increases in AM.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    If I understand the math correctly, level 22 will need 45 Ultra-Nightmare wins at maximum personal rewards to get through. I assume the other levels will be more expensive. But even if they are not, that puts it at 405 wins to complete. That is a good year of work with a fleet that is well set. I am not against a marathon, but this is a rather long bet.

If everybody in the fleet is at that same level, you could start multiple battles (at least nightmare & ultra nightmare) and just go for maximum personal damage, without worrying whether both are defeated. That approach would help reduce the number of battles (say cycle the UN and let N just run out) required, but would go against the spirit of the game and how this feature was intended to be approached.

Ironically, or not, this is yet another example of an otherwise good idea going nowhere because of some combination of poor planning, lack of foresight, awful quality control, and a glaring indictment on the fact that nobody on their team actually plays the game.

Yep. Instead of doing something to stop the "unintended behavior", ie honor farming, they created a bottleneck where the best way around it is to honor/magnesite farm. So the best fleets that have been honor farming and would have flown through the bridge anyway will continue to fly, while all other fleets will be slowed down. It's like they built the levels to create even more separation between the best fleets and everyone else.
  • Options
    Admiral_C wrote: »
    Shan please request the magnecite rewards are adjusted....

Looks like you missed some significant news... A few weeks ago, the powers that be sacked the majority of STT related staff, and Shan was Unfortutnaly one of the casualties of that decision.

Damn that's such a shame, she was a great asset, poor choice by the 'Powers That Be'
  • Options
    But this also shows that it will take many many months. Assume 3 Ultra-Nightmare wins every two days with maximum magnasite. How long to reach level 30? I don't have the time for the math, but a long time.

Also, this shows us the absurdity of this month-long objective event. I can't imagine having a shortage of anything except magnasite. Yet that is what they put as the minimum rewards. They should have it as the maximum rewards.

12-18 months, using 750 dilithium daily., without dilithium?. Many years
  • Options

Yes that's my point but better put. Magnecite should not be the bottleneck it should be Bilitrium 3
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If I understand the math correctly, level 22 will need 45 Ultra-Nightmare wins at maximum personal rewards to get through. I assume the other levels will be more expensive. But even if they are not, that puts it at 405 wins to complete. That is a good year of work with a fleet that is well set. I am not against a marathon, but this is a rather long bet.

If everybody in the fleet is at that same level, you could start multiple battles (at least nightmare & ultra nightmare) and just go for maximum personal damage, without worrying whether both are defeated. That approach would help reduce the number of battles (say cycle the UN and let N just run out) required, but would go against the spirit of the game and how this feature was intended to be approached.

Ironically, or not, this is yet another example of an otherwise good idea going nowhere because of some combination of poor planning, lack of foresight, awful quality control, and a glaring indictment on the fact that nobody on their team actually plays the game.

Yep. Instead of doing something to stop the "unintended behavior", ie honor farming, they created a bottleneck where the best way around it is to honor/magnesite farm. So the best fleets that have been honor farming and would have flown through the bridge anyway will continue to fly, while all other fleets will be slowed down. It's like they built the levels to create even more separation between the best fleets and everyone else.

Agreed, we're running 4-5x Ultra Nightmare in 2 days and 2x Nightmare, 2x Brutal & 2x Hard,. Destroying the Ultra Nightmare, and hitting 60m in Nightmare, 36m in Brutal & 24m in Hard.

It will still take us 12-18 months to hit level 30. So for fleets clearing 1 - 2 Ultra Nightmare daily and not farming magnecite due to not spending dilithium it could take 7-10yrs to get to 30.

The objective event giving 8k magnecite once a month will not make any significant difference.

I'm fortunate to be in a strong fleet, with a good selection of fleet members who can also use dilithium to farm magnecite at the levels above, my concern was for the health of the game for everyone. When a game is skewed to far in favour of players with additional resources and not for everyone the game can easily fold, all the investments everyone has made over the years is gone in an instant.

Losing the group chat within the Fleet, Squad & Officers and the bonds that have been formed would have many unforeseen consequences. Emotional bonds severed in an instant is not good. There are many in our fleet who are staying in the game because they can chat with other fleet members in a safe environment.

Make Bilitrium 3 the Bottleneck not Magnecite or add a higher Boss Battle than Ultra Nightmare with Bilitrium 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

True but is it any different from say 0* Holoprograms?

Just run as many Section 31 shuttle missions as possible daily and use your replications to farm holograms 0* up to 5 if you're a level 14 VIP, 3 from Starbase if completed, + those from completing Boss Battle Captain Levels & Those available through Collections. That's an additional 10 or so at least daily.
  • Options
    But this also shows that it will take many many months. Assume 3 Ultra-Nightmare wins every two days with maximum magnasite. How long to reach level 30? I don't have the time for the math, but a long time.

Totally agree, the top reward is Bilitrium 2, which is odd when Ultra Nightmare needs Bilitrium 3 to progress. I have a stockpile of Kemocite, Bilitrium 1, 2 & 3. which will only get higher. While magnecite is in the Red.
  • Options
    From another thread, the total magnecite needed to go from level 20->29 is 446,250x Magnecite

You can work out for your own fleet how many magnecite you collect in 7 days then divide that into the 446,250 to give you a weekly total, then divide again by 52 to give you how many years or if you divide by 12 you get how many months it will take you.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet kills UNM in about 18 hours. Let’s say we we kill UNM 10 times a week. I normally get max magnesite. It’ll take me 52 weeks at 8250 magnesite per week. This doesn’t include any FBB OE’s or the occasional NM kill.

I don’t think we’ll be hurting because of magnesite.

We’re definitely hurting because of the damage reduction bug. I can’t reliably 2 heal a 10/10 Artifact right now even though it shouldn’t be an issue. That’s what is holding me back. A lot of people are in the same boat.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Agreed, we're running 4-5x Ultra Nightmare in 2 days and 2x Nightmare, 2x Brutal & 2x Hard,. Destroying the Ultra Nightmare, and hitting 60m in Nightmare, 36m in Brutal & 24m in Hard.

It will still take us 12-18 months to hit level 30. So for fleets clearing 1 - 2 Ultra Nightmare daily and not farming magnecite due to not spending dilithium it could take 7-10yrs to get to 30.

If you’re getting 3500 magnesite every two days, you’ll complete the bridge in 36 weeks.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I did the math correctly (questionable), then you need 558 Ultra-Nightmare wins, each with over 70 million personal points to get from level 20 to 30. So a year and a half at 3 wins every 2 days.

Apparently they have ditched the idea of introducing a new boss.

Or they didn't think this through.

I was under the impression that they were going to introduce new bosses with some regularity. Then they realized how hard that would be, particularly for new players. So instead of trying to work out how to make it better for new players and still viable for veterans, they decided to expand the current boss and make them longer intervals between bosses. But this new system seems to assume they will never be changing bosses. ...Or they are way more clueless than we thought.

I don't think anyone from the company actually looks at these things, but here we go:

Here is the solution:
    1. Figure out how long you want a boss battle to go. Let's say 1 year for the sake of argument.
    2. Calculate how many of each reward would be earned by a superior player who maxes out the rewards for each destruction of the highest boss. Assume 2 victories every 3 days for very good fleets, for the sake of argument.
    3. Arrange the rewards so that an individual with a superb crew in a well-functioning fleet will max out the rewards in six months. That gives lower fleets time to get the rewards, too. It were even better if this maxxed reward time were four months so fleets with new players could go back and play old bosses. (See point five.)
    4. Have the last level be a repeating reward such as it was for the original level 20. Make the reward enough to encourage participation, but not enough to dishearten players who will take a long time to get there.
    5. Allow previous bosses to be played by new players, so they can catch up if they are in a good fleet.
    6. This will make it so some players will rocket to the top of the scores for a while, but even new players could dream of getting the same rewards in time.
    7. As a bonus, this would keep the top fleets from kicking out or avoiding new players since they would know that they had plenty of time to get rewards and help new or weak players.
    8. ABOVE ALL: communicate exactly the timeline that will be used and STICK TO IT. Additionally, make sure that each new boss has completely unique resources so fleets will help new players once they reach the max for the current boss.

All of these are things that seemed to be the plan from the start. But they suffered from poor communication and poor execution. They probably also suffered from the loss of half the game makers.

What is happening now is unsustainable. It will keep new players from even trying. This has to be fixed before the player base is too small to survive.

I hope (but don't expect) that someone in the company sees this.
  • Options
    We use our base as 404000 instead of the 446000 needed(32k maxed Mag the 10k from Month Long Event)
    We clear 1 UN a day -- 800 per day would take us 505 days or 1 year and 5 months to complete.
    Add 1 hit on Nightmare per day -- Would give us 950 per day would drop it to 1 year and 2 months
    Add 1 hit on Hard per day -- Would give us 1040 per day would drop it to 1 year and 1 month

If you never spend on any more it should easily take 1 year to complete.

If you are a spender, an extra 4 valor would be best to add 2 to Nightmare, 2 to brutal.

This would ideally give you 800+525+130+90 or 1545 per day dropping the requirement to just under 9 months. Weirdly that's the end of this year.

If you are an spender an extra 4 valor on top the previous 4 would be best to add 2 to brutal(to max), 1 to hard, and 1 to Normal.

This would ideally give you 800+525+225+150+40 or 1740 per day dropping the requirement down to just under 8 month or around Halloween time.

You are only dependent on killing UN for 30 of those weeks. Which ironically coincidences with Halloween Time.

From the initial offering to expansion it took 8 months. This addition is on point to give another 8 months of work.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better this bottleneck than to create a whole new item we had to collect. Weird thing is I still have some magnesite but others in my fleet are out. I guess because I am getting more damage and a little more magnesite each boss for the whole time of the boss battles?
    Let’s fly!