Home The Bridge
Options

If you have the citations, do you immortalize Demo Man Scotty and Frantic McCoy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's because your ship is level 9. Plus as you said, the bonuses, then there is also the buffs

Whatever you're happy with 🙂 but I'm getting 29M straight away with no bonuses
  • Options
    Do you only get 3 copies of Chances Taken Kirk like Frantic McCoy and Demo Man Scotty?
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Do you only get 3 copies of Chances Taken Kirk like Frantic McCoy and Demo Man Scotty?

Yes. There are also 2 legendary cites, I don’t remember which levels.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got scotty FFE now, but I've tried a few combinations vs my Dereth, MokBara Crusher, Taco, Laborer Kirk and I don't seem to do any better with Scotty in any of the spots. Thoughts? I expected him to be better for FBB. I see him as voyage/gauntlet potential but not helping in FBB.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I've got scotty FFE now, but I've tried a few combinations vs my Dereth, MokBara Crusher, Taco, Laborer Kirk and I don't seem to do any better with Scotty in any of the spots. Thoughts? I expected him to be better for FBB. I see him as voyage/gauntlet potential but not helping in FBB.

What bridge level are you at? Once you're high enough you can reduce to 2 hull repairs and run both Scotty and Maco.

In terms of which one is better when only using one, I think it's a bit of a tossup. Maco has the burst damage. But Scotty's crit boost means you can randomly get double damage. In a good round Scotty may do better, but in a bad round he may do worth. Maco is probably a more consistent score.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

What bridge level are you at? Once you're high enough you can reduce to 2 hull repairs and run both Scotty and Maco.

In terms of which one is better when only using one, I think it's a bit of a tossup. Maco has the burst damage. But Scotty's crit boost means you can randomly get double damage. In a good round Scotty may do better, but in a bad round he may do worth. Maco is probably a more consistent score.

13 right now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

13 right now.

I forget what level you can cut down to two hull repair. It's under 20 for sure, but may be higher than 13. Once you're there, you'll be able to use both. But until then, there probably isn't a ton of benefit to Scotty over maco.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Scotty does do a lot of damage by himself but the chain can alter his value. For example, he’ll do better if there’s a substantial amount of Crit Rating on the chain but so will any hammer. If there’s Attack Speed he’ll do better than almost anyone. He’ll also perform well in any ship that has high inherent attack speed like the Tong or Discovery. A lot of the high DPS ships are fragile but with a lot of damage reduction on the chain you can use them.

I typically run Phlox/Scotty/CTKirk/??? The latter is either Chief Rutherford or another DPS if there’s a decent amount of CDR or HDR on the chain.

In the mean time he’s still a shuttle monster who’s strong enough to get work even during faction events.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 13 with a level 9 Artifact, I was running Dereth, Scotty, Mayweather, and Laborer Kirk.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I find MACO Mayweather to be more consistent than Scotty, so now I use Chances Taken Kirk with Mayweather. On Nightmare mode, I have tried using Dereth, CT Kirt, MACO Mayweather, and Scotty. Even with my now complete Artifact and a higher level, I can't survive the battle, but it gives me an average of 2 million more than keeping two repair crew. I score far less attempting that on Ultra-Nightmare mode.

So even though I use Scotty a whole lot less than I thought I would, I would recommend citing for shuttles.
  • Options
    But I find MACO Mayweather to be more consistent than Scotty, so now I use Chances Taken Kirk with Mayweather. On Nightmare mode, I have tried using Dereth, CT Kirt, MACO Mayweather, and Scotty. Even with my now complete Artifact and a higher level, I can't survive the battle, but it gives me an average of 2 million more than keeping two repair crew.

If you save the Artifact cooldown reduction until Dereth (or better yet, Starfleet Medical Phlox) just starts cooldown (so get to use it 2x each cycle), you should be able to survive until the end with a maxed Artifact on NM and only 1x25%HR crew.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    But I find MACO Mayweather to be more consistent than Scotty, so now I use Chances Taken Kirk with Mayweather. On Nightmare mode, I have tried using Dereth, CT Kirt, MACO Mayweather, and Scotty. Even with my now complete Artifact and a higher level, I can't survive the battle, but it gives me an average of 2 million more than keeping two repair crew. I score far less attempting that on Ultra-Nightmare mode.

So even though I use Scotty a whole lot less than I thought I would, I would recommend citing for shuttles.

Try using dereth, scotty, ct kirk & vindicta on NM on auto until the repair needs to be used.
    You can do it on auto too. You won't time out though
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I've found running Jett Reno still gives me better returns than Scotty (but he is only 3/5) when coupled with Vindicta. Though I am using Proton's Rocket.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    I've found running Jett Reno still gives me better returns than Scotty (but he is only 3/5) when coupled with Vindicta. Though I am using Proton's Rocket.

This really, really can’t be stressed enough:

Max Attack or GTFO.

The Attack part will always be more relevant than anything else. You want proof? Run Vindicta with somebody of the same attack value.

PS McCoy works fine with Proton but you need to run it on manual or semi-manual.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals