Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror Tuvok ?

SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
I noticed in my cryo vault a new 5 star crew Mirror Tuvok. I haven't seen any thread about him here yet nor any communication either here or in game . Does any one know anything? Is this an error ? Is he a new voyage or gauntlet exclusive crew ? I know new crew were just added for those, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was another exclusive added already without communication. I checked with my flee in our discord and no one else seems to know how to get him either. Hoping I'm not crazy and maybe I missed some kind of notice ?

Comments

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    At present, it looks like he's a first in being only available in a Faction Center (the Terrans in this case). The Big Book has a good entry. He's available for everyone at 5K dilithium, though he has to cycle into the Faction's available items; reset is at the 1pm (eastern US time) reset or you can spend 75 dilithium to reset the faction store until he appears.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    SILIK wrote: »
    I noticed in my cryo vault a new 5 star crew Mirror Tuvok. I haven't seen any thread about him here yet nor any communication either here or in game . Does any one know anything? Is this an error ? Is he a new voyage or gauntlet exclusive crew ? I know new crew were just added for those, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was another exclusive added already without communication. I checked with my flee in our discord and no one else seems to know how to get him either. Hoping I'm not crazy and maybe I missed some kind of notice ?

In an effort to help you learn to fish, there is ostensibly a search function on these forums. Other than your thread, it was the first option.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/search?adv=&search=mirror+tuvok&title=&author=&cat=all&subcats=1&tags=&discussion_discussion=1&comment_comment=1&discussion_poll=1&discussion_question=1&comment_answer=1&within=1+day&date=
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terran Faction Store - 5000 dilithium
    z7qc09a2sowd.jpeg
  • Options
    z7qc09a2sowd.jpeg

Congratulations to you!
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    At present, it looks like he's a first in being only available in a Faction Center (the Terrans in this case). The Big Book has a good entry. He's available for everyone at 5K dilithium, though he has to cycle into the Faction's available items; reset is at the 1pm (eastern US time) reset or you can spend 75 dilithium to reset the faction store until he appears.

I hadn't seen anything yet. My Terran Faction crew offer is Mirror Landry at the moment. Is it a random appearance, and you just have to hope he appears ?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I hadn't seen anything yet. My Terran Faction crew offer is Mirror Landry at the moment. Is it a random appearance, and you just have to hope he appears ?

Basically. I didn't have him yesterday but got him today (and snatched him up; but I have a ton of dilithium ATM). Just keep checking and he'll show up eventually. And not the voyage exclusive crew eventually; much, much sooner.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    z7qc09a2sowd.jpeg

Thanks
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭

Basically. I didn't have him yesterday but got him today (and snatched him up; but I have a ton of dilithium ATM). Just keep checking and he'll show up eventually. And not the voyage exclusive crew eventually; much, much sooner.

Appreciate that. I'll keep a lookout for him
  • Options
    though he has to cycle into the Faction's available items; reset is at the 1pm (eastern US time) reset or you can spend 75 dilithium to reset the faction store until he appears.

See above for exactly how you can get him to appear in your Faction Store. To be more specific regarding the dil refresh, the first 2 are 75, the 3rd and 4th refreshes are 100, the 5th and 6th are 150, then 7th and on are 300.
  • Options
    You have the option of refreshing the store early for 150 dilithium if you’re impatient.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    4te9l6oalfi0.jpg
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    I'll wait for the refresh and save my dilithium for him.
  • Options
    You have the option of refreshing the store early for 150 dilithium if you’re impatient.

First 2 are 75, the 3rd and 4th refreshes are 100, the 5th and 6th are 150, then 7th and on are 300.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it could be that I've been around for so long, but why would a crew be worth 5000 dilithium? Is he exceptionally good?
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    t
    I suppose it could be that I've been around for so long, but why would a crew be worth 5000 dilithium? Is he exceptionally good?
    Totally reasonable question. At least it's not EV Suit Boimler cost!
    He's #1 Voyager that is currently available - even before anyone has Kirk apparently!

0w5v1wq0sf4c.jpg

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I hate the precedent of a faction store exclusive character, as yet another cash grab (or at least over-priced primary in-game currency grab).

They say it’s not a card collecting game, yet they sure are coming up with more cash/currency grab ways to entice the collectors in us players… they can’t fix bugs or address issues very quickly, but they’ve sure become efficient at adding new honor hall crew, adding new gauntlet crew, adding new voyage crew, and now adding new faction crew (I haven’t looked at faction stores for anything but shuttle tokens for years), new/expanded collections, etc… at warp speed lately!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I hate the precedent of a faction store exclusive character, as yet another cash grab (or at least over-priced primary in-game currency grab).

They say it’s not a card collecting game, yet they sure are coming up with more cash/currency grab ways to entice the collectors in us players… they can’t fix bugs or address issues very quickly, but they’ve sure become efficient at adding new honor hall crew, adding new gauntlet crew, adding new voyage crew, and now adding new faction crew (I haven’t looked at faction stores for anything but shuttle tokens for years), new/expanded collections, etc… at warp speed lately!

To be fair to WRG, they have consistently said it’s a card collecting game. DB got it very wrong when they said otherwise.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Edit:
    Just saw Mirror Tuvok is apparently new. Thought he was already in game before.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    When I compare the new Mirror Tuvok to other new legendaries in normal portal packs, he's still attractive. Other new legendaries cost 6.5k, and you have only the chance of a ⅓ to get him and ⅔ the chance to get an old legendary. Here is it 5k and 100%. You only have to wait for the offer's appearance. Could be worse.
  • Options
    Hopefully tomorrow for me. Refreshed a bit ago and and its Mirror Data. So I think it is a random choice between them.
  • Options
    Shouldn't he have the ds9 trait insted of voy?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to not playing this game, some of the game makers don't watch the shows.
  • Options
    Mirror Spock and back-to-back Captain Killy - where is Mirror Tuvok 😠
  • Options
    Since this is a new approach to adding a character to the game, I will have to assume it is one and done on purchasing a Mirror Tuvok in the Terran Faction store like the Honor Hall, not that I would drop another 5K dilithium on him.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

In addition to not playing this game, some of the game makers don't watch the shows.
    I still don't understand, why the Vulcan Executioner doesn't have telepathy as trait?! Or did I miss, that being telepathically impaired is essential in getting this job?
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Since this is a new approach to adding a character to the game, I will have to assume it is one and done on purchasing a Mirror Tuvok in the Terran Faction store like the Honor Hall, not that I would drop another 5K dilithium on him.
    I've bought him 3 times already.

....no that's not serious.

...but yes you can buy him infinitely assuming he's on your screen and you have 5000+ DIL.
  • Options
    Five days, still no Mirror Tuvok :(
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the new Gauntlet cards I'll never own due to RNG and these new Voyage exclusive cards I will never own due to RNG, it is exciting to know there is another new card I have yet to acquire due to RNG despite checking the faction store daily since its introduction!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    In addition to the new Gauntlet cards I'll never own due to RNG and these new Voyage exclusive cards I will never own due to RNG, it is exciting to know there is another new card I have yet to acquire due to RNG despite checking the faction store daily since its introduction!

It's a good point. How many copies would WRG have sold if they put Tuvok as a special portal for 5k dil. Probably a lot more than they made from the couple whales who refreshed the faction store looking for tuvok. Sure I've checked every day so far. But at some point I'm going to get tired of checking and won't bother looking at the faction store every day. And even when I do check, I'm not going to buy something else just because I checked. And how many people will now sit on 5k dil just in case tuvok shows up? How many lost packs or crew slots will there be from people who won't buy them because the need that 5k in case Tuvok appears tomorrow.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »

It's a good point. How many copies would WRG have sold if they put Tuvok as a special portal for 5k dil. Probably a lot more than they made from the couple whales who refreshed the faction store looking for tuvok. Sure I've checked every day so far. But at some point I'm going to get tired of checking and won't bother looking at the faction store every day. And even when I do check, I'm not going to buy something else just because I checked. And how many people will now sit on 5k dil just in case tuvok shows up? How many lost packs or crew slots will there be from people who won't buy them because the need that 5k in case Tuvok appears tomorrow.

Its still fun to do the "mall crawl" every once in awhile :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.