Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror T’Pol for Christmas

Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
DB, what I would like for Christmas is new artwork for my Mirror t’pol where she doesn’t look like an extra from Hocus Pocus.

yu75aj6pl14y.png

She is gorgeous but somehow was turned into a hag.

l5uwenc2gl1x.jpeg

I know it’s never been done before but given the Holiday season and the mega event maybe you can make an exception.

Please don’t make a new super rare version that looks better. ;)

PS Unable to find quality images. Feel free to post better ones.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s worse is in the scene they took the picture from she is actually wearing the outfit from your pic. Also with Mirror Archer DB has him standing when he was sitting in a chair
  • Options
    Well, they have said multiple times that they don't always take the picture straight out of the movie, and sometimes have someone to pose for them while they draw the crew member that way. I might be in the minority, but I quite like that vulcan blood/dagger look for Mirror T'Pol - not to mention that she's an extremely useful crew member to me in any situation - be it events, shuttles or voyages, and I have grown quite attached to her.

My christmas wish for DB would be to hire the original art team for STT. Honestly, if they give us Reed as posted in the event thread, that would be dropping the ball big time.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count on it the way the art quality has been lately
  • Options
    There's a lot of characters that deserve better artwork than Mirror T'pol.. at least she is well rendered, unlike some others...

180px-Blood_Oath_Jadzia_Dax_Head.png

180px-Klingon_O%27Brien_Head.png

180px-Arachnia_Janeway_Head.png

• Options
    I LOVE the image for Mirror T'Pol! And in her case I'm glad they used some creative licence, as the pose/dagger/smile all complement each other well. I also love Arachnia Janeway's artwork. :smiley:
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    And let's not get started on Mirror Reed, if he gets released in the state of his picture from the event announcement... People will laugh their noses off. Was that pun intended?
  • Options
    Veleia wrote: »
    I LOVE the image for Mirror T'Pol! And in her case I'm glad they used some creative licence, as the pose/dagger/smile all complement each other well. I also love Arachnia Janeway's artwork. :smiley:

I too love Mirror T'Pol's artwork. But to me that Arachnia artwork doesn't look like Janeway.. this would have been a better image to use for the artwork:

latest?cb=20070331000209&path-prefix=en
    And let's not get started on Mirror Reed, if he gets released in the state of his picture from the event announcement... People will laugh their noses off. Was that pun intended?

He looks like he was involved in a Tuvix style transporter accident with David Schwimmer.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of characters that deserve better artwork than Mirror T'pol.. at least she is well rendered, unlike some others...

Wait. What is wrong with Arachnia's art!?! It is much better than what we get nowadays
  • Options
    Tcal wrote: »
    Wait. What is wrong with Arachnia's art!?! It is much better than what we get nowadays

I thought the same thing.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Tcal wrote: »

I thought the same thing.

I just think they could have chosen a better image of Arachnia to base the artwork on. I don't think it looks like Janeway all that much.
  • Options
    +100000000

Please help update the artwork
  • Options
    Jolene Blalock is very attractive and especially so in that episode. It would be nice if the artwork reflected it.
    What’s worse is in the scene they took the picture from she is actually wearing the outfit from your pic. Also with Mirror Archer DB has him standing when he was sitting in a chair
    Enterprise series given no respect once again.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    DB, what I would like for Christmas is new artwork for my Mirror t’pol where she doesn’t look like an extra from Hocus Pocus.

yu75aj6pl14y.png

She is gorgeous but somehow was turned into a hag.

l5uwenc2gl1x.jpeg

I know it’s never been done before but given the Holiday season and the mega event maybe you can make an exception.

Please don’t make a new super rare version that looks better. ;)

PS Unable to find quality images. Feel free to post better ones.

I demand she be changed to the "show more skin" Uniform she wore in the episode!!!!!!

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

zbcmA0m.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes. Bucktooth T'pol needs to go. The rendering is fine, the face is hideous. Also, why in the name of all that's holy would you not use that uniform! While Arachnia does look very flat at least she's clear, though I agree there could be better screen grabs from which to start I wouldn't put her even in the top 10 of bad art. Klingon O'Brien is the worst art in the game, everyone involved in that character should take a voluntary pay cut.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Mirror T'Pol has god awful art, it would be great if they fixed that.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    My christmas wish for DB would be to hire the original art team for STT. Honestly, if they give us Reed as posted in the event thread, that would be dropping the ball big time.
    There is no chance at all that they will change the artwork for Mirror Reed.

Not after having paid all that money to be able to use David Duchovny's likeness.
  • Options
    I think Mirror T'Pol's "bucktooth" face is gorgeous and I like the pose and outfit - though if had to choose one, I'd prefer the belly top uniform. The rendering could be improved, though a masterpiece compared to almost all the new cards including T'Mir.

However I don't think it looks as much like her as the other T'Pols (Commander, Subcommander, Captain).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Not after having paid all that money to be able to use David Duchovny's likeness.

THATS WHO IT REMINDED ME OF!! OMG thank you! I knew it was very familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

THATS WHO IT REMINDED ME OF!! OMG thank you! I knew it was very familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it

I thought there might be a little Daniel Craig in the mix, too...

liaj9503glfx.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Also with Mirror Archer DB has him standing when he was sitting in a chair

Not quite accurate. He's standing, with one leg on the chair in the episode. As it would look odd for them to create art with either his knee bent for no apparent reason, or to add in the chair as to give it context, I think the editorial decision to just have him stand in the artwork made sense. What was important was getting the spread pose in the 23rd century tunic, with the smug look, and I think they captured it quite well.

There are many examples of artwork that could be better, agreed, but I don't think this quite qualifies.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Biltene wrote: »

Not quite accurate. He's standing, with one leg on the chair in the episode. As it would look odd for them to create art with either his knee bent for no apparent reason, or to add in the chair as to give it context, I think the editorial decision to just have him stand in the artwork made sense. What was important was getting the spread pose in the 23rd century tunic, with the smug look, and I think they captured it quite well.

There are many examples of artwork that could be better, agreed, but I don't think this quite qualifies.

Well didn’t I just get treated? Why not though? Morn is sitting on a bar stool.

• Options

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What’s wrong with Arachnia exactly? She’s awesome and looks great to me, like many of the original crew.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    [coughs]

23rd_Century_Martok_Head.png

Martok hasn t bad art! Shadows, lights and detail of the face are pretty good, i wish new Mirror Dax had it as well, along with other new crew that was released lately. People only hate Potatoe Martok cause they can t stand the made up non canon character, the art alone is good.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [coughs]

23rd_Century_Martok_Head.png

Martok hasn t bad art! Shadows, lights and detail of the face are pretty good, i wish new Mirror Dax had it as well, along with other new crew that was released lately. People only hate Potatoe Martok cause they can t stand the made up non canon character, the art alone is good.

The uni is illfitting and looks like he put on something his older brother left as a hand me down.

The face is rendered fine... its the rest that is just well, not good.
  • Options
    To me, Mirror Read looks like former Chelsea F.C. player Dan Petrescu:
    wxdbmmj46nmq.jpeg
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biltene wrote: »

Well didn’t I just get treated? Why not though? Morn is sitting on a bar stool.

Also Angel I Riker has his leg up on a chair. No reason they couldn't have done that. But yeah, Mirror Archer's art is fine. There is much, much worse.

I wish Mirror T'Pol's art was her as we first see her: sitting in the Captain's chair looking very unimpressed with everything.

71167a89044f10d98050a9e51085a82c.jpg
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor