Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Galaxy Event Notes Medicine for Mayhem (rerun) - 2023-05-11

Comments

• This is no longer Star Trek timelines mobile game. Now it's the LOWER DECKS mobile game. Wasn't the event like 2 weeks ago all Lower Decks too?
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • edited May 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This is no longer Star Trek timelines mobile game. Now it's the LOWER DECKS mobile game. Wasn't the event like 2 weeks ago all Lower Decks too?

It's one of the current shows airing new episodes. Of course it's going to be featured. And we're currently in the middle of a month long Borg mega.

If you don't like lower decks, feel free to skip the event. But Star Trek Timelines implies all series, including ones you might not like.

Yeah, back when I first started playing there were no current shows. The game seemed waaaaay more competitive, thriving, and active back then.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This is no longer Star Trek timelines mobile game. Now it's the LOWER DECKS mobile game. Wasn't the event like 2 weeks ago all Lower Decks too?

It's one of the current shows airing new episodes. Of course it's going to be featured. And we're currently in the middle of a month long Borg mega.

If you don't like lower decks, feel free to skip the event. But Star Trek Timelines implies all series, including ones you might not like.

Yeah, back when I first started playing there were no current shows. The game seemed waaaaay more competitive, thriving, and active back then.

Comparing a one year old mobile game to a seven year old mobile game. I'm sure the only thing that's changed are the shows included.
  • Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I just use the stuff in advance, I'm not even saving it for the week of the event.
  • I am personally thankful for this rerun, I entered the game a few weeks after this event and missed all those characters, so for me it will be going with full thrusters.

Side note: these reruns make sense after a long time like this one.
  • PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It still seems bizarre to be getting an in-game message about an event that feels a couple weeks away (that is more than a week away), especially before it is even posted in the Event Hub. The 'giftiness' of the freebee is completely lost, due to the disconnect caused by the timeliness. I strongly suggest going back to sending the freebee leading up to the event it will actually be useful for.

I just leave mine in the mailbox until the event starts so it retains its usefulness.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    PhotonKim wrote: »
    It still seems bizarre to be getting an in-game message about an event that feels a couple weeks away (that is more than a week away), especially before it is even posted in the Event Hub. The 'giftiness' of the freebee is completely lost, due to the disconnect caused by the timeliness. I strongly suggest going back to sending the freebee leading up to the event it will actually be useful for.

I just leave mine in the mailbox until the event starts so it retains its usefulness.

It really isn't too hard for people to do that.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    It still seems bizarre to be getting an in-game message about an event that feels a couple weeks away (that is more than a week away), especially before it is even posted in the Event Hub. The 'giftiness' of the freebee is completely lost, due to the disconnect caused by the timeliness.
    This is good ol' American entrepreneurship. Give people a real chance to consume their stuff, and the chances are higher people might buy stuff to compensate.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between being a replay with no new 4* crew and a rather weak 5* reward, it's hard to justify doing anything more than one recipe this event.

I'm predicting this will be another miss of the community rewards.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddox is actually pretty good for a Science primary. I'm going for him. Science is woefully underserved.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can WRG activate the winning faction bonus that was mentioned in the events notes please?
    Faction Winner Bonus: Y
    Why is Mirror Blinker not Human? I get he's a Hologram, but he's a Hologram of a Human.
    k1ytv2k0pjm1.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Mirror Blinker not Human? I get he's a Hologram, but he's a Hologram of a Human.
    k1ytv2k0pjm1.png

Even The Professor as a 100% fictional hologram of a human has the human trait. So Mirror Boimler really should have the trait too.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And he's missing the hologram trait too!
    And Starfleet. I just checked. I used him all event, quite a bit. Now I'm wondering if I have cleared thresholds and got another star for T'Ana, if he'd matched like he should. I was ~25k short when it ended. I might have made that in extra bonus items. :/