Home The Bridge

100% of the Crew - The New Unobtanium?

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
Three times, I was able to have 100% of the crew with the last time perhaps a year ago. Those three times were when the following week's event's announcement was delayed for one reason or another. Now, I think it is nearly impossible with the added elements to the game and WRG trying different things in the than the past year.
1) The addition of a faction store with a new crew popping up randomly for sale - Tuvok
2) Addition of web store only crew for sale at an absurd price for a single copy and nothing else - Boimler (he was promised to become available once removed from the web store, but that has not happened). My least favorite
3) Two new gauntlet crew added within a few months of each other - Archer and Mariner
4) Two new voyage only crew added within a few months of each other at an extremely low probability rate of obtaining - Chakotay and Black
5) Slow climb up the levels in Fleet Boss Battles, especially at 20-30 - McCoy, Scotty, and now Kirk

The chances of obtaining 5 of the above are greatly affected by the RNG except Boimler and the 3 from FBB. Tuvok's odds aren't that bad. Imagine if it was a Federation faction only store crew instead one from the Terran Empire?

The odds of obtaining them all is possible but very low but there are likely a very small number of players who do have them all. At this point, attempting to get them all is not a realistic pursuit. I guess the grail is to get them all and the Holy Grail is to have them all FF.

It would be interesting if there was a ranked ownership log/tab in the game (like event rankings) with the player's name and the number of unique crew owned (or unique needed). The game displays the player for FTM for each crew so this would be in the same vein of bragging rights, nothing else.

That being said and summarizing several threads, this is where I am at.

Missing 5
1) No Boimler - Didn't buy on principle and knew he should be added back to game play once gone from the web store. The only way I would have paid for him if he was the only crew I needed for 100%
2) No Kirk - Not a big deal. I am in a good fleet and we have just started level 22, but I don't believe Kirk first appears until level 23.
3) No Chakotay or Black - This one frustrates me the most with the low RNG probability
4) No Maddox - Not a big deal. Won't get him until Wednesday because I have zero motivation to try to win in this week's event. I think only one time I got the Ranked Reward Crew. Not worth the dilithium spend in Dabo unless he was the only crew I needed

Note: I was very lucky with Gauntlet getting Archer a day or two before Mariner was added and got her in less than a month later.

I am sure there are players who need fewer than me with the number of players needing fewer crews decreasing together.

So, how many you need? Who are they? Which method of obtaining these crew do you dislike the most? Feel free to add any other commentary.

0zzkh846011f.jpg

Comments

• NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    Three times, I was able to have 100% of the crew with the last time perhaps a year ago. Those three times were when the following week's event's announcement was delayed for one reason or another. Now, I think it is nearly impossible with the added elements to the game and WRG trying different things in the than the past year.
    1) The addition of a faction store with a new crew popping up randomly for sale - Tuvok
    2) Addition of web store only crew for sale at an absurd price for a single copy and nothing else - Boimler (he was promised to become available once removed from the web store, but that has not happened). My least favorite
    3) Two new gauntlet crew added within a few months of each other - Archer and Mariner
    4) Two new voyage only crew added within a few months of each other at an extremely low probability rate of obtaining - Chakotay and Black
    5) Slow climb up the levels in Fleet Boss Battles, especially at 20-30 - McCoy, Scotty, and now Kirk

The chances of obtaining 5 of the above are greatly affected by the RNG except Boimler and the 3 from FBB. Tuvok's odds aren't that bad. Imagine if it was a Federation faction only store crew instead one from the Terran Empire?

The odds of obtaining them all is possible but very low but there are likely a very small number of players who do have them all. At this point, attempting to get them all is not a realistic pursuit. I guess the grail is to get them all and the Holy Grail is to have them all FF.

It would be interesting if there was a ranked ownership log/tab in the game (like event rankings) with the player's name and the number of unique crew owned (or unique needed). The game displays the player for FTM for each crew so this would be in the same vein of bragging rights, nothing else.

That being said and summarizing several threads, this is where I am at.

Missing 5
    1) No Boimler - Didn't buy on principle and knew he should be added back to game play once gone from the web store. The only way I would have paid for him if he was the only crew I needed for 100%
    2) No Kirk - Not a big deal. I am in a good fleet and we have just started level 22, but I don't believe Kirk first appears until level 23.
    3) No Chakotay or Black - This one frustrates me the most with the low RNG probability
    4) No Maddox - Not a big deal. Won't get him until Wednesday because I have zero motivation to try to win in this week's event. I think only one time I got the Ranked Reward Crew. Not worth the dilithium spend in Dabo unless he was the only crew I needed

Note: I was very lucky with Gauntlet getting Archer a day or two before Mariner was added and got her in less than a month later.

I am sure there are players who need fewer than me with the number of players needing fewer crews decreasing together.

So, how many you need? Who are they? Which method of obtaining these crew do you dislike the most? Feel free to add any other commentary.

0zzkh846011f.jpg

Boimler is in the portal.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Boimler in the current loot tables or crew retrieval is Titan Boimler, 4*. EV Boimler is no longer available in the webstore, or anywhere for that matter. He was briefly available in the last Elusive Treasures pack, which I believe you got him twice from.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was spared from the "Gotta Catch 'em all" mentality VERY early on when I decided I would never own a 5* Riker (apologies to my fleet, this HARD stance against Riker has caused many issues with Fleet Boss node solving). Without that shift in mindset I would probably be much more openly angry in my descent into madness over my inability to get any of these RNG cards. Literally ANY of these RNG cards. Seriously, ANY of them.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I was spared from the "Gotta Catch 'em all" mentality VERY early on when I decided I would never own a 5* Riker (apologies to my fleet, this HARD stance against Riker has caused many issues with Fleet Boss node solving). Without that shift in mindset I would probably be much more openly angry in my descent into madness over my inability to get any of these RNG cards. Literally ANY of these RNG cards. Seriously, ANY of them.

What’s wrong with Riker? Johnathon Frakes is the best trek director in the biz today.
    Let’s fly!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s wrong with Riker? Johnathon Frakes is the best trek director in the biz today.

The way he sat in chairs was weird.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

The way he sat in chairs was weird.

He screwed up his back when he worked as a mover. It was what is comfortable for him. I sit weird myself. I fell under a hay wagon as a kid and both legs turn out at the hip now. My right foot and knee almost points completely to the right.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Riker Manouver FTW

Jack even gives it a quick go before realizing g it's definitely not right in the closing minutes of the last episode of Picard 🤣