Home The Bridge
Options

The arena ranked rewards (admiral) june

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bozeman's been replaced with Fed Fighter, for those that care.

@STT Community y'day you mentioned you wold check and get back to the forum regarding the Bozeman - not sure if you confirmed or denied that it existed / would be released / what went wrong?

Yep, it was replaced because I mentioned your catch to the team, and they realized that Bozeman wasn't supposed to be there this month. So, it was a bug after all. Thanks for letting me know!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it will be coming at some point, which is good enough for me! Will adjust my playing accordingly. Thanks.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    But it will be coming at some point, which is good enough for me! Will adjust my playing accordingly. Thanks.

Honestly, we don't have any plans for that at the moment, but thanks for sharing your opinion! We'll keep it in mind!
  • Options

@STT Community y'day you mentioned you wold check and get back to the forum regarding the Bozeman - not sure if you confirmed or denied that it existed / would be released / what went wrong?

Yep, it was replaced because I mentioned your catch to the team, and they realized that Bozeman wasn't supposed to be there this month. So, it was a bug after all. Thanks for letting me know!

That is interesting, it's been there since 1st of April. When I originally posted about it on here.

So this would have been included in an planned server update, well before that. And was clearly missed during a QA/QC checks. Since then.
  • Options

That is interesting, it's been there since 1st of April. When I originally posted about it on here.

So this would have been included in an planned server update, well before that. And was clearly missed during a QA/QC checks. Since then.

They use fillers not infrequently. Them changing January and February after they'd been up comes to mind. First time it was an all new ship though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just restarted and it is showing Fed Fighter for May and something else for June.
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭

Well played. And wasted time getting back up trying to get a new ship and you switch it in litereally the last minutte, when you had 3 months!!!!! to catch the so called bug.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »

Well played. And wasted time getting back up trying to get a new ship and you switch it in litereally the last minutte, when you had 3 months!!!!! to catch the so called bug.

If this was a glitch, bangate was a part of the ToS.

You guys ever wonder if your sleuthing and “catches” are doing more to harm the game than help it?

My money says a brand new ship in the arena awards would have changed daily game engagement.

But there clearly isn't a brand new ship on the way*. The pitchforks would have been out in force if people had stashed a bunch of schematics that then couldn't ever be used.

*or at least, not the Bozeman; the skirmish next week is going to give us the Enterprise-J
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    benny wrote: »
    At least we’re getting the Doomsday machine in August :#

I saw that. On a side note, is anyone else having their Arena rewards preview like this. Mine's been doing this since the newest upgrade was installed. They are all distorted and squished to the left. You can see it behind the Doomsday Machine.
    dbrn4t5ie2f4.png
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    What does (PL) mean?
    Placeholder?
  • Options
    What does (PL) mean?
    Placeholder?

I'm inclined to say it means "Playable", as opposed to FB Doomsday. I'm very curious as to how it stacks up to its FBB self. No Evasion. No Shields. This could be interesting. Doomsday on Doomsday at least once for fun!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way Doomsday is playable. This was clearly put there as a dummy ship that they plan to swap out later.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There is no way Doomsday is playable. This was clearly put there as a dummy ship that they plan to swap out later.

Then why go to the trouble of creating ship art for the schematic icon, when they didn't do that for the Bozeman schematic? Besides, we already have the Gomtu as playable, which wasn't really a "ship" like the others.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see something where FBB utilizes the same code as arena battles. And that code needs a ship object. And one of the things the ship object expects are schematics to exist. So when they added FBB they created dummy schematics because that's what was needed to add Doomsday Machine. And they just set those schematics to not in portal.

Why they then chose to put that as the rewards as a placeholder is a separate question.