Home The Bridge
Options

Event Notes - Skirmish Event Notes Frost - 2023-06-08 (arc#1)

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Decoded Intel LTO for the Skirmish? It's the easiest $10/person in the WRG arsenal!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Enterprise-J is strangely small. While I'm not expecting something many times larger than the Enterprise-D, in-game it currently appears even smaller than the NX-01. I fully recognize that the game needs to cap maximum sizes, and minimums, which has left a comparatively narrow range. But this still seems odd.

I'm wondering if a scale value was entered incorrectly?
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Bad form giving a bonus crew that reduces attack. Hampers newer players.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    I think that's a good general rule of thumb for Skirmishes. But since this is a mega, players who don't have EV Suit Tucker aren't stuck with Disguised Daniels - they can use Zero Hour Archer and still get the full VP boost. ZH Archer even increases attack.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    I think that's a good general rule of thumb for Skirmishes. But since this is a mega, players who don't have EV Suit Tucker aren't stuck with Disguised Daniels - they can use Zero Hour Archer and still get the full VP boost. ZH Archer even increases attack.

True, but it's the first event so they need to get there first, and could be some points dropped before then. Not a huge issue, but still should be giving newer players a hand up in events like this.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood why they introduce new crew where a skirmish is their first event and they are bad in skirmishes.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Buy a pack you get:

Tucker, who has good attack
    Daniels, who you will need as the 4th *
    Reed, who has also good attack

So you pretty much can't lose? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the event crew's skill really matter? I assumed people had 3 go-to crew for skirmishes (all hammers, or a couple hammers with either a speed boost or big critical boost) and just plopped in an event crew to maximize the bonus. This event I used Daniels as soon as I got him, then immortalized (using the free cite from the current campaign) and froze him once I had the new Archer.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I must say Disguised Daniels item Orange Juice the art looks phenomenal 👍

Edit: I should have included pic
    nyd2kw5dh5wa.jpeg
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I must say Disguised Daniels item Orange Juice the art looks phenomenal 👍

Edit: I should have included pic
    nyd2kw5dh5wa.jpeg

Would have been better with pulp. :)
  • Options
    Was it just me or was that a very competitive event?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed that way to me.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since our last full skirmish. I guess there was some pent-up energy out there.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    There have definitely been more competitive skirmishes (I have a distinct memory of going 1m+ VP before now without it being enough for top 1500) but it certainly wasn't uncompetitive and it definitely heated up in the last six hours or so once the US woke up on Monday.