Home The Bridge
Options

FBB Alternate ship

Hello,
I try to find an alternate ship to the Artifact.
I survive the battle with the setup Demo/Dereth/Maco/Labo but I would try to do more damage to the Boss.
Usually I hit between 20 and 38 M depending of the combos and luck. Around 22 M with no combo.
Already tried the Raven and the Roddenberry but did not survived with those.
A suggestion ?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is about what I do in my level 9 Artifact. I figure I average 28 million, but 20 to 40 depending on combos and luck. I use Dereth, Kirk, Mayweather, and Laborer Kirk. My tests have given me slightly higher and slightly more consistent results with the Kirk/Mayweather combo than with Scotty/Kirk, but they were very close.

In the past I've found that my level 9 Phoenix gave very close numbers to my Artifact. Perhaps you could use the Phoenix.
  • Options
    The U.S.S. Constellation is another alternative with that same crew.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using auto or manual? I run my FBB on auto because I would expire from the tedium if I didn't, but I've accepted that it comes with a lower damage/run (at the lower end of your range unless the combos hit just right) than fiddling about with a manual sequence. I can still clear my individual thresholds on a full stack of 4 Valor, so I'm happy enough. (My fleet typically does 1 boss every 18-24 hours; if we were a lot faster I might feel differently about it.)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your set up is wrong. It’s Dereth/Demo/DamageDealer/LabKirk. Demo has pretty good passives and they shouldn’t be neglected. Generally I’ll do 30M with this set up on full auto. It’s technically possible to do better on manual but manual leads to 3 minutes of reliable button pushing and human error will hurt your parse.

There’s no real alternate to the Artifact. Its DPS is unremarkable but it’ll reliably survive the full duration with only two repair. Sometimes if the combo chain permits other ships will do very good damage. The USS Discovery is the single best damage dealer in game but it requires very good damage reduction (34%) on the chain. The Tong will work well with much less damage reduction. It has high inherent DPS, a built in hammer and a lot of health.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Try the Keldon & warship Voyager

But artifact is the one to go with -dereth/demo/maco - or chances Kirk if you have him & labourer Kirk
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    I tried the phoenix too but not any better than others.
    I'll try the Tong later but it seems I'm gone to stick to the artifact :(
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alt has been surviving with a level 9 Artifact, recently have switched from Vindicta to a 4/5 Chances Kirk.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sims wrote: »
    dcjky5ef74r2.png

Dereth/Scotty/Maco/Lab Kirk in a maxxed Artifact with the bonus gods on my side. :)

Impressive! I was excited when I made 35m.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Wow.

43 million is my best ever. 28 seems to be my average. I have only received Artifact schematics once since. FBB started, and that was right at the beginning. Others have reported getting the schematics from pulls, but I would bet money they intentionally limit the likelihood of Artifact schematics.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I tried the phoenix too but not any better than others.
    I'll try the Tong later but it seems I'm gone to stick to the artifact :(
    My best shot so far is only 42M.
    Soon after FBB started the artifact was a month long as schematics in admiral division.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.

43 million is my best ever. 28 seems to be my average. I have only received Artifact schematics once since. FBB started, and that was right at the beginning. Others have reported getting the schematics from pulls, but I would bet money they intentionally limit the likelihood of Artifact schematics.

I have gotten 555 Artifact schematics since I finished it late last year. Meanwhile the JemHadar flagship sits at 9/10. I finished the Fed Fighter because it was added to Arena. RNG is RNG.

Generally you can skate by with any high health ship. The total damage you do isn’t that important either. I very frequently get my 70M damage with only 4 valour. That only question is how many nodes I solve while doing it. It helps if I can solve a node while using a repair crew or a damage dealer. This morning I used Dereth/CTKirk/5Khan/NorthArcher and solved two nodes. Scored 23M because Khan can do decent damage with a good ATK crew and Archer repairs ok.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    I use ISS Enterprise with Reunion Spork, Demo Scotty, Little John Riker and Dereth. Normally mid twenties, but up 40+, if you are lucky
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sims wrote: »
    dcjky5ef74r2.png

Dereth/Scotty/Maco/Lab Kirk in a maxxed Artifact with the bonus gods on my side. :)

Thanks. I just scored my first 40000+ followed by my first 50000+ in FBB.
  • Options
    I got a 10 pull just now that finally had Artifact schematics. I am now 5 short. So close. I'll probably get another in six months. But there is the microscopic chance of earlier, so I'm happy.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my first in months too. Only another 11 drops to go...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which shows the other problem with the ship economy. At 6675 schematics and 150 per drop it takes 45 drops to go from 0 to a 10/10 ship.

Imagine if you needed 45 drops to FF a crew? It just takes way too many drops and the odds of getting a specific ship have become way too low with all the new ships added.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Which shows the other problem with the ship economy. At 6675 schematics and 150 per drop it takes 45 drops to go from 0 to a 10/10 ship.

Imagine if you needed 45 drops to FF a crew? It just takes way too many drops and the odds of getting a specific ship have become way too low with all the new ships added.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could get more of them through voyages or dabo!

I just tried a 9/10 Artifact, and it didn't last the battle, so it's back to Proton for now.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm throwing damage left and right, but I'm one of the only ones with it done in my fleet. I routinely put up damage totals four times that of #2. I find no fault with my fleet. They do the best they can. I've got very new (level 20 or less) players joining in on Nightmare that clear nodes and do what they can, but they are definitely needing good schematics.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I just tried a 9/10 Artifact, and it didn't last the battle, so it's back to Proton for now.

I was using a 9/10 Artifact for months, and no issue surviving the battle on UN. At lower bridge levels and depending on the boosts, I sometimes had to go with 3 hull repair crew and just a single hammer. Once my bridge level hit the high teens, I was able to swap out a repair crew for a second hammer, especially with the right combo of node boosts.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even a 10/10 Artifact isn’t guaranteed to survive the full 3 minutes with 2x25% repair. You’ll still do a tonne of damage by using two damage crew. The Artifact is also the only good Boarding ship so you get to use good crew like PirateQ, AGIMUS, Path Uhura or the forthcoming General K’Vagh.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I'm using 9/10 Artifact with two hull repair and I generally last the full battle except when I make a mistake timing the artifact hull repair.

Auto is harder, but on manual it's possible
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Artifact schematics don't drop from dabo.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Even a 10/10 Artifact isn’t guaranteed to survive the full 3 minutes with 2x25% repair. You’ll still do a tonne of damage by using two damage crew. The Artifact is also the only good Boarding ship so you get to use good crew like PirateQ, AGIMUS, Path Uhura or the forthcoming General K’Vagh.

In my experience, a 10/10 Artifact always survives the full 3 minutes with 2x25% (20s cycle) HR crew once you get the last boss defence buff on bridge level 20 (52.8% total) with no combo chain buffs. I can even run it on auto where it wastes a lot of the ship repair. Agree that sometimes replacing an HR crew with an attacker can often give better results, even if you die earlier.
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Ok, I tried like every ship that might do it and found none.
    I dont count situations where several bonuses allow the use of a ship for once.
    Soooo, back to the Artifact.
    Nevertheless, I got Chances Kirk like many of you and tried him, replacing Demo Scotty and surprisingly, since my CTK is only 3 stars, I got similar amount of damage for some fights and improved damage for other fights.
    Like that I scored my personnal best score : 50M !!!
    Too bad I have to wait for last 2 stars.