Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet upset, what room are you focusing on?

Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
What room and why are you focusing on?

Gauntlet upset, what room are you focusing on? 36 votes

Ops (cmd)
33%
Sabine of AthensProsser12345678 of 123456789[RotP] ScoustarTcalbowdy[|YoH|] AshvoyagerSST - 9of7Capt. Pete OwenDScottHewittHobbes99JoeSage2 12 votes
Promenade (dip)
13%
Captain_WhoJim RaynorGrant77weatherseed[KM] Phelan 5 votes
Compute Core (eng)
8%
IrialfaroguyKant 3 votes
Deflector Array (sec)
2%
Captain TF 1 vote
Counselor's Office (med)
38%
Zombie Squirrel [TUFG] SiguardeXo | Cadet MatteXo | SilverRose (retired)Captain QHungry Dog DDM[10F] NewtonianQBallsPlasmaVepal(10F)Geekgirl(OPA) Major HerpsThe Great GornholioMythloGib - Admiral Mariners 14 votes
Airponics (sci)
2%
Bigstupidgrin 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Ops (cmd)
    I didn't think DB would deliberately attack newer players, and those in smaller fleets. But it seems this is now their intent. What a shame.

I voted Ops as this is the most consistent Gauntlet round I see. I think.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Promenade (dip)
    I started with Promenade, it seems like Diplomacy has the highest rolls, and I don't want to fall behind there.

I'd say Ops is a close second or a tie.

I concur, I think this hurts new fleets and new players.
  • Options
    Ops (cmd)
    I started with Promenade, it seems like Diplomacy has the highest rolls, and I don't want to fall behind there.

I'd say Ops is a close second or a tie.

I concur, I think this hurts new fleets and new players.

Dip does have the highest roll, but I still have my... Gowron? at lvl 1 'cause I'm lazy.

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Wow... this completely blows for the Gauntlet, especially since I'm in a fleet with my brother only so we'll never be able to keep up with these upgrades.... not good
  • Options
    Ops (cmd)
    Yateball wrote: »
    Wow... this completely blows for the Gauntlet, especially since I'm in a fleet with my brother only so we'll never be able to keep up with these upgrades.... not good

Hopefully they'll see sense and make Gauntlet stats immune to the changes.

• Options
    I was hoping at least one of the new rooms would take Transparent Aluminum. The only place I can dump that is the Observation Lounge which is maxed out. Back to the replicator, I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Promenade (dip)
    I was hoping at least one of the new rooms would take Transparent Aluminum. The only place I can dump that is the Observation Lounge which is maxed out. Back to the replicator, I guess.

The next levels will, I'm sure. If your fleet is busy, you can finish one level yet today.

Yeah, I thought making the gauntlet immune to changes might be a good idea, but I don't really expect that to happen. My fleet is full and pretty good with upgrades (we're still only level 37, those holoemitters are a PITA), so I'd benefit from these, but the gauntlet is supposed to be somewhat of an equalizer that the newer and smaller players can still do well in.
  • Options
    Compute Core (eng)

That would be ideal, but past releases do not make me hopeful.
  • Options
    Ops (cmd)
    I played Gauntlet from very early on, and as such it's my favourite part of the game. Pathetic I know, but I really enjoyed that I could participate at some level despite being new.

I'm now in a really good fleet (maybe not the top fleet, but top guys n gals so it's greater than it looks) with lvl 44 (maybe less, ipad charging) base, so it'll be easier for me in the Gauntlet. Which kinda spoils the fun :disappointed:

• Options
    Gees, that's tough for players not in a developed fleet, or for fleets who are starting out. It was already getting lopsided enough with 7% base stat boosts.

Our starbase is lvl 44 too but like Scoustar I don't want advantage like that, especially not in gauntlet. I'm a pretty dedicated gauntlet player and now will feel a bit guilty. :pensive: I know we worked toward it, but still.

I'd prefer some bottomless pit type room like an Arboretum which needs to be fed components each day for upkeep, and gives daily chronitons indefinitely.
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Counselor's Office (med)

I am hoping these new rooms don't use Holoemitters or Transparent Aluminium. If they don't it won't be as bad of an issue with whale fleets maxing everything out in the next 2 weeks while everyone else works on it over the next month or two.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    The first levels of the rooms do need neither Holoemitters nor Transparent Aluminium...is that only for the first level or for all subsequent levels as well? If the latter, that would be the apex of awesomeness!
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Promenade (dip)
    Gees, that's tough for players not in a developed fleet, or for fleets who are starting out. It was already getting lopsided enough with 7% base stat boosts.

Our starbase is lvl 44 too but like Scoustar I don't want advantage like that, especially not in gauntlet. I'm a pretty dedicated gauntlet player and now will feel a bit guilty. :pensive: I know we worked toward it, but still.

I'd prefer some bottomless pit type room like an Arboretum which needs to be fed components each day for upkeep, and gives daily chronitons indefinitely.

I don't feel guilty about having an advantage over newer or less dedicated players. We already have the advantage of a more diverse crew and more time to level them. These starbase additions are no different in my opinion. I donate every day and I deserve the advantage.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »

I don't feel guilty about having an advantage over newer or less dedicated players. We already have the advantage of a more diverse crew and more time to level them. These starbase additions are no different in my opinion. I donate every day and I deserve the advantage.

This is true. And they could find themselves a decent fleet if they are active enough to contribute to one and put the effort to shop around (or build one up, if they are really patient).
  • Options
    bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ops (cmd)
    I think dB needs to rethink the whole starbase thing. I am in the same fleet as scoustar, a competitive fleet, but didn't want to see the prof implemented in starbases as gauntlet was the only part of the game newer players could equally compete.

As many said, a daily dump of ingredients, or extra replicator burn, or dump for extra merits would have been enough. There are so many aspects that could be starbased. I just felt it skewed the competitiveness of the game against smaller fleets.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I thought the whole point of gauntlet was to put everyone on same level aslong as they had 1/5 crew FE or in some cases 1/4 crew FE to make it balanced and now small and new Fleets get shafted with proficiency starbase bonuses.

if your going to do that then why make a big spiel about balance in the first place? Why not just add base and average proficiency like voyages from the start? Oh yeah because not everyone has 5/5 crew but they do all have level 40+ starbases 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Promenade (dip)
    We told DB that gauntlet was getting stale and asked them to spice it up. Mission accomplished. I welcome changes that add a little more strategy and thought to gauntlet.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ops (cmd)
    We told DB that gauntlet was getting stale and asked them to spice it up. Mission accomplished. I welcome changes that add a little more strategy and thought to gauntlet.

I do as well, just not at the expense of those starting out. That should be what DB is trying to foster, not suffocate.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Promenade (dip)
    Tcal wrote: »

I do as well, just not at the expense of those starting out. That should be what DB is trying to foster, not suffocate.

It's not like the new players are going to go up against people like us anyways. I'm going with Kahless, Puffy Phlox, Locutus, etc . They are generally rolling with 3*s or low end 4*s and competing against other new players. I don't think this change affects them in any significant way.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This is the reason I have quit other games. I think DB knows this is death to a game and is trying to end it. My wallet is closed voyages or not.

Edit: only after I verify that they effect gauntlet.
    If it does not this, addition will not be a major advantage.

Edit: I have totally changed my mind. I pretty much stopped playing gauntlet before this. Only participating once a week in both my accounts. Now if I play I will stop using merits. This will mean I spend nothing in gauntlet and get what minimal rewards I get. I will also maximize my battles, because now they will all fight to they lose. Because I will not be sustaining any streak no harm in losing battles.
  • Options
    Counselor's Office (med)
    The Wall to the North must fall!

"Phloxis Morghulis... Phloxis Dohaeris..."
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Promenade (dip)
    Whelp, I can confirm that characters don't get a boost without restarting the app, and that finishing a room doesn't increase your gauntlet stats if you started the gauntlet before the room was finished.
    Somebody should be able to start a gauntlet before 7 tonight and see if their crew gets a boost.
  • Options

I'm in a fleet all my lonesome - - so you're both one up on me. At least you got that going for you....
  • Options
    Counselor's Office (med)
    My fleet focused on med to make phlox even more of a beast!
  • Options
    This stopped being a game for lone wolves 6-8 months ago. While some may prefer to avoid fleets entirely, it’s a lot like playing an MMORPG without a guild. You can do it, but you’ll only go so far.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am not thrilled with messi with proficiency. But at least it helps with voyages even if it hurts with gauntlets. We are just doing all the lvl 1s then 2s and so on.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ops (cmd)
    I decided its a good addittion. With tons of t'kuvma, locuti, guinans in there, there finally is a way for active players to gain an edge. After some time it will balance out again anyway.
    It was the same in the beginning of the gauntlet, where players that didnt focus only base only before had an advantage.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Promenade (dip)
    Plasma wrote: »
    My fleet focused on med to make phlox even more of a beast!

Just hope that this doesn't happen (both FE):

3uv3bbubqmzb.png