Home The Bridge
Options

Premium & Ultimate Track dearer than buying separately?

edited June 2023 in The Bridge
Premium Track £8.99, Ultimate Track £12.99 = £21.98

Buy the Premium Track & Ultimate Track together = £22.99

Why is it £1.01 more to buy a package deal? @WRG Ben

Comments

• Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    The deal is for WRG, not for you.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    WRG is either bad at math or they hope you are?
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Is that even legal in the U.S./U.K.? In Germany, it would be illegal... Here, if you buy a package from a provider, they are REQUIRED to give you the best price offer available. (To the point that if my, for example, cell phone provider starts a new offer which would make my existing package cheaper than the contract I signed, they MUST inform me of the new option, and switch me over to the new lower rate automatically). I have no idea how this applies to internet sales in Germany from a non-German company however.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Must be nice. They can suspend your driver's license over here and they don't have to tell you. You find out when you get caught doing something else. I've seen it happen twice to people.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

I don't believe this should be occurring. We did not change the price. I will talk to an engineer.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

That is about equal to a Spockar.

ytb7xajeng5v.gif
  • Options

V.A.T.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

V.A.T.
    I was about come here and say not it's not VAT. But actually it could be a VAT issue albeit an erroneous one. £1 is 20% of the difference between the premium and ultimate track. However the correct application of VAT would be 20% on both tracks, wouldn't it? Or is there some VAT exemption for lower value digital purchases that I'm not aware of?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it has to do with currency conversion and rounding. The raw prices are set in USD and then the app stores handle currency conversions and applicable taxes. But those numbers are all too "round" with 99 pence. So there must be some rule about how to take the uneven amount and round it to a reasonable number in other currencies. It could be that the combined price was enough to round up while the separate prices both rounded down. So it ends up being a bad deal.
  • Options
    WRG Ben wrote: »

I don't believe this should be occurring. We did not change the price. I will talk to an engineer.

Thanks Ben
  • Options
    @ST_Dreadnought
    Where are you able to buy the tracks independently? My offers only have the Premium and the Ultimate+Premium. I was not aware of the Ultimate being sold separately.
    In-game I can buy the Premium for $9.99 USD and the Ultimate+Premium for $24.99 USD.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ST_Dreadnought
    Where are you able to buy the tracks independently? My offers only have the Premium and the Ultimate+Premium. I was not aware of the Ultimate being sold separately.
    In-game I can buy the Premium for $9.99 USD and the Ultimate+Premium for $24.99 USD.

Once you buy premium you are supposed to be able to buy ultimate.

It's not possible to buy ultimate on it's own without having bought premium first.
  • Options
    @AviTrek
    Ah, ok. Since I never buy them separately, I wasn't aware of the price for just the Ultimate. I buy at the end of the campaign, in case I don't finish one for whatever reason (not wasting money on tracks I might not get all of).