Home The Bridge

Possible merge crew?

Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
@STT Community could you please tell us if there are any plans for the upcoming Colonel Grat to be used as part of a merge crew so we know ahead of time to plan ahead

Comments

• Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it would be a great/possibly the only opportunity to get some sort of Sam Beckett Archer.
    I thought that would have been obvious
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I like the idea. But in reality it really would have nothing to do with Star Trek. Because, in the Enterprise episode, they really are rivals . And even more like enemies, with the way the episode ended.

Edit': though it still could be done, I would have to see the episode again to think the way the card would work. (Ex. Prisoner and Inquisitor card)

Edit2: Do we have an Archer from that episode yet?

Edit3: Unless 2* Away team Archer is it, I would say we do not have that Archer yet.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it would be a great/possibly the only opportunity to get some sort of Sam Beckett Archer.

Just do a Leaping Archer then. Worked for Chaplain Odo.

Besides the merge crew are reasonably significant. Like a good idea for a merge crew would be Picard + Crusher = Jack.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The merge crew I was thinking about:
    1) A new Rescue Data with the portable transporter on his arm
    2) Locutus
    Merge into
    3) Interfaced Data and Picard from Data's lab
    Give the card the Serene Squall ship ability that resets cooldown timers but call it Sleep
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Just do a Leaping Archer then. Worked for Chaplain Odo.

Besides the merge crew are reasonably significant. Like a good idea for a merge crew would be Picard + Crusher = Jack.

Yes, or Quatum Leap revisited or reunion. They could use the scenes in the episode where they were on the screen at the same time. it would be the Star Trek appearance, but you then name the card ( like you said as was done with Odo, of course that was not cannon, but this would be)
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The merge crew I was thinking about:
    1) A new Rescue Data with the portable transporter on his arm
    2) Locutus
    Merge into
    3) Interfaced Data and Picard from Data's lab
    Give the card the Serene Squall ship ability that resets cooldown timers but call it Sleep

I suggested that! 😆
    edited June 2023
    Every merge crew up to this point is based on the connection between the two characters *in Star Trek*, not connections between actors in other franchises who happen to also have roles in Trek.

Which makes sense, because referencing another franchise too explicitly could bring up copyright issues.
    That never stopped them doing a Prince Bashir or Chaplin Odo. It would be nice IMO to see past roles of actors made into originals
    If you want to do something quantum leap-y, just put Grat on your bridge with three variants of Archer.

Just waiting for Grat. 🙂 Twilight "Oh Boy" Archer is filler until Grat arrives for the QL bridge

tgs10do6u2kt.jpg
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy STT originals based on prior roles, or little winks on normal cards, like Grat's flavor text and Yelgrun's "Musician" trait. I know some don't like these, but I do.

However, given the rarity of merge crew, I'd be surprised to see one based on a relationship outside of Star Trek.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    However, given the rarity of merge crew, I'd be surprised to see one based on a relationship outside of Star Trek.

It occurs to me that merge crew could be pushing your luck in terms of trademark infringement.

There’s plenty of good merge crew that they could do anyways. Merging all the Lower Deck ensigns into 3* doubles and then a 4* version where all four of them are goofing off in their bunks or the cafeteria.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    I think th days of 3* merges are well over. It's 4 & 5* now
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Pity, Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel is one I would love to see. I would love to be able to merge them up to a nice 5* crew, maybe needing two 3/3 crew.

3* merges can be built in a reasonable time without citations, my 1001 is sitting at 2/5.

Pity, Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel is one I would love to see. I would love to be able to merge them up to a nice 5* crew, maybe needing two 3/3 crew.

3* merges can be built in a reasonable time without citations, my 1001 is sitting at 2/5.

The only merges I used cites on were Cheesecake Seven & Spork

I was lucky & got Kirk on my 1st or second pull. Even got a Spork in an ET

Janeway is common but Paris not so much

Shame about the abandoned Tapestry Merge
    Mirror Image Bridge Crew

hvh5dxq1pmtx.jpg