Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Faction Event Notes Ignite - 2023-06-29 (arc#4)

Comments

• Options
    erm...what variants of K'vagh & Damron - these singular crew have no variants in the game.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    With Kyheem as the 5* reward I'd lay good odds that the next event is a flashback of Forests of Forever with Captain Burnham at 400k.

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Forests_of_Forever

@Riker's islan{DD} the boilerplate always says that whoever the cards are. I guess it makes it easier if they do reuse the event in the future when there are more variants?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Kyheem as the 5* reward I'd lay good odds that the next event is a flashback of Forests of Forever with Captain Burnham at 400k.

I can't remember them ever doing an event with 5* and 4* variants of the same character. So I'd say a Forests of Forever flashback is extremely unlikely.
  • Options

@Riker's islan{DD} the boilerplate always says that whoever the cards are. I guess it makes it easier if they do reuse the event in the future when there are more variants?

I understand "how" it happened, but not "why" it happened, or keeps happening.

In my very humble & limited real life expereince, (especially as it is presumed that I do not know what it takes to run a mobile game) my understanding and use of templates is:
    a) A guide on content, language etc
    b) A pre-built and therefore time/ effort saving artifact with style, formatting etc
    c) The user of the template is responsible for the actual content added, and its a cardinal sin to not remove content from the template that is not relvant to your particular use.

• Options
    game not working? 36tmosl8wj5t.jpg

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    It probably is just an automated system with "insert names/traits" here
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand "how" it happened, but not "why" it happened, or keeps happening.

In my very humble & limited real life expereince, (especially as it is presumed that I do not know what it takes to run a mobile game) my understanding and use of templates is:
    a) A guide on content, language etc
    b) A pre-built and therefore time/ effort saving artifact with style, formatting etc
    c) The user of the template is responsible for the actual content added, and its a cardinal sin to not remove content from the template that is not relvant to your particular use.

I believe the why is that either they’re too busy to do a good job or that they’re too indifferent to do a good job. Neither is a good look.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Does it even matter?! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phase 2 event guy must have called in sick...... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

I can't remember them ever doing an event with 5* and 4* variants of the same character. So I'd say a Forests of Forever flashback is extremely unlikely.

Ok, so it is Forests of Forever, but with a new 4* instead of the previous Kyheem. That's a very different way of doing a rerun. I guess it still cuts down on 90% of the work; no new story, no new missions, just a couple of new crew.
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    And as usual problems starting.
    I shouldnt be surprised when encountering another error
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I'm rushing through, hoping to get it positioned, so I can leave it for a bit, and it's acting goofy. Has anyone else had issues with it crashing on a 2GB Kindle lately?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I keep being booted out at sign in, either "An unexpected error occurred" or "The game is currently experiencing heavy load". I was in at one point but trying to open missions got me "unexpected errors" as well.
  • Options
    Can't even start the game
  • Options
    Hey! Yesterday we experienced some latency issues at the start of the event, but our team quickly resolved them. Sorry about any inconvenience it may have caused!
  • Options
    When it did start working again, I enjoyed the Swiss cheese reference in Sam Archer's dialogue.