Home The Bridge

Webstore - a wasted opportunity?

2»

Comments

• OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Oomox wrote: »
    Rather than buying citations to freeze your legendary crew, would it make better sense to buy more crew slots, and keep the crew active.

There are currently just under 700 legendary crew, and over 1000 crew slots can be purchased.

Next time there is a slot sale, and the 23k dil at the same time, buy the dil and use it for 25 tiers of slots, it will give far more value for your money.

That's a certainly a possibility. However, I already find it a drudge to police occupancy of the 750 slots I currently have available without adding further slots.

Ya see, that's the awesomeness of lots of slots, there is no policing because there is no need to make choices. (Now, maybe the new mechanic will change that, but for now, it's the lazy option.)

LOL

No policing them until your crew manifest exceeds the slot ceiling, and then the hand wringing about who to freeze restarts. Fortunately a few key cards continually turn up on FBB, and that saves planning who stays and who goes.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    You can buy honour which you can then buy cites

Buying non portal crew is just 🤦‍♂️ That is the reason for events. And there is a reason for the long gap in portal updates

Meh.

'🤦‍♂️' reply, D- at best. You're failing 'Thread flaming 101' and thus are required to repeat the whole year of your BA in Trolling studies.

Sometimes life prevents others from participating in or completing events.
    Sometimes technical complications occur in gameplay, and players are locked out of events.
    Suggesting what you would like in to buy from the webstore and when it is available, buying what you want from the webstore is about customer choice.

😭😭😭😭
    And that's life! You move on. I know if I don't care for an event - new crew or not - I will sit it out. It's a game, not a job & mandatory

It's not the end of the world.

You can't participate or complete events? You can still buy the packages during the event - unless you are somewhere where there is no web access & you can't get anyone to log in to your account for your

It's got nothing to do with customer choice but business & competition. What is the point of selling Tuesday packs & exclusive crew in mixed beholds that people will chase - & many will buy until they get them! If you can just get them a few months later?

So yes, you can buy non portal crew at the time of release & then buy honour to cite them up

Oh & of course anyone that disagrees with somebody else is instantly a troll
    It's not possible to have an opinion of your own anymore. It's just a way of avoiding the subject matter & I won't even approach your follow up #hypocrisy

I’d say that your tone is what’s causing people to say you’re a troll.

Yes, people (myself included) should be more disciplined when it comes to Timelines. But to be fair, the people who spend the most are undoubtedly the ones who have kept Timelines alive.

So you are saying that everything I said in my first reply is trolling? That none of what I said makes sense? I stand by every word I say & as I repeatedly say, you should work for the items in this game, not expect them given to you for gratis/the easy way

Plus I'm talking about all who are labelled trolls who have an opinion.
    If you constantly target the same person - especially across multiple threads or try to start conflict, that's a troll (princess uhura being the obvious example )- that's why I never bothered to respond to Oomox's opening about my "education": it would just cause more trouble not to mention had nothing to do with the topic we are discussing

I will always stand by freedom of speech & anti-censorship, even when I disagree with that person's views. You can't have yin without yang. As Frank Miller summed up - & rightly predicted - years ago

u0aishz49eyl.jpg

I don't disagree with your absolutism approach to free speech, but I am careful not to give any credit to people on the far right. It is an unfortunate coincidence of views, but where as I want people to have the unfettered freedom to speak truth to power, others want the ability to be as abusive as they want. It's important not to conflate the two approaches even if they are in broad agreement on the intermediary objectives. Frank Miller is a controversial figure despite his talent.

The way I look at it, there is a difference between the want of freedom of free speech & the want of what those people say

For all the people spewing hate, there are also people being silenced & having their rights taken away from them such as in China & Anti-Putin Russia. Again, Yin & Yang. One can't exist without the other

As for Miller, yes he has gone of the tracks but this was drawn a long time ago, decades even
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    It is noteworthy that no one on this thread has attempted to curtail the freedom of speech of anyone else. I would be loath to think that anyone who values 'Trek' would do so. While freedom of speech is utterly central to any discourse especially democratic ones, it doesn't exonerate one from the responsibility for the words or emojis with which they choose or for the energy with which they choose to express themselves.

To wit: Only one poster seems to be under the sadly laboured (self-serving?) belief that I, or indeed any others posting on this thread, are belly aching and looking for freebies. I am not. I don't believe any other posters are either. Rather I have been eminently clear from the get go. I indicated a commercial opportunity I believe to be currently lacking in the game. I sought here the opinions of other posters, and I indicated that I for one would be willing to pay to obtain what circumstances in real life or technical issues denied me the opportunity to do through normal gameplay. Again, this would require an exchange of currency on my part. No freebies sought. Other posters ventured worthy opinions or alternatives. I welcome these as both interesting in their own right, and as part of normal discourse.

In regard of trolling, I invite you, gentle posters to examine a thread I recently opened "Updates on the update please", and to carefully reread this thread thus far, and to conclude for yourself, whose right to, and manner of, self expression brands them as a 'troll'.

Oomox rests, gentle jury.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Rather than buying citations to freeze your legendary crew, would it make better sense to buy more crew slots, and keep the crew active.

Or you could not waste any DIL on crew slots and use your DIL for something that's actually useful like Quantum, Valour or even the occasional pack.

See my signature for details.

Oh, I see it so differently. With the current state of FBB you want as many people out as possible. I use the merits saved to buy the merit packs instead (which is mostly just for honor). I don't think spending dil on Quantum or Valour is a good use at all. I guess it depends how advanced your roster is and how good your fleet is. All I spend Dil on is packs with very high chances of legendaries I don't have, slots and I'll spend 5k dil on Mirror Tuvok if I ever see him.

But, each to their own.

I’m regularly solving ~5/25 slots without thawing out anyone. Sometimes I thaw out somebody if I got roster space but most of my merits go to merit pulls. I keep out a decent number of crew that are good at solving nodes. Some of those crew are valuable in other areas of the game.

1170 Dil gets you one 5* quantum retrieve. How is that a bad deal? With daily refresh, I’m pulling a new 5* roughly every 8 days.

There are no packs that have a high chance of legendaries. Even a 490 dil pull only has a 10% chance getting you a legendary.

Valour is fine. I normally only buy it during the OE. You get more honour and a bigger bridge faster.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you could not waste any DIL on crew slots and use your DIL for something that's actually useful like Quantum, Valour or even the occasional pack.

Oh, I see it so differently. With the current state of FBB you want as many people out as possible. I use the merits saved to buy the merit packs instead (which is mostly just for honor). I don't think spending dil on Quantum or Valour is a good use at all. I guess it depends how advanced your roster is and how good your fleet is. All I spend Dil on is packs with very high chances of legendaries I don't have, slots and I'll spend 5k dil on Mirror Tuvok if I ever see him.

But, each to their own.

I’m regularly solving ~5/25 slots without thawing out anyone. Sometimes I thaw out somebody if I got roster space but most of my merits go to merit pulls. I keep out a decent number of crew that are good at solving nodes. Some of those crew are valuable in other areas of the game.

1170 Dil gets you one 5* quantum retrieve. How is that a bad deal? With daily refresh, I’m pulling a new 5* roughly every 8 days.

There are no packs that have a high chance of legendaries. Even a 490 dil pull only has a 10% chance getting you a legendary.

Valour is fine. I normally only buy it during the OE. You get more honour and a bigger bridge faster.

Do you also buying more EC for those retrieves, and more IM? Or are you spending time on the celestial market for the sake of IM?

They do have packs with high chances of legendaries, the theme packs. Several of them (Discovery, Athlete come to mind) have given legendaries in 11 out of 12 pulls. Most of my best modern legendaries have come from those packs.

I am in a good fleet and we make good progress on the FBBs without expecting anyone to spend resources on them.

But, each to their own.

Do you also buying more EC for those retrieves, and more IM? Or are you spending time on the celestial market for the sake of IM?

They do have packs with high chances of legendaries, the theme packs. Several of them (Discovery, Athlete come to mind) have given legendaries in 11 out of 12 pulls. Most of my best modern legendaries have come from those packs.

I am in a good fleet and we make good progress on the FBBs without expecting anyone to spend resources on them.

I’m using whatever polestars my scanner gives me. Once in awhile I’ll buy something from the market. I farm more credits than I can spend on retrieval.

Theme packs gives you a small selection of crew randomly for more dilithium than the equivalent retrieval. Why pay 1300 Dil for something I might already have when I can pay 1170 Dil for something I definitely want?

That doesn’t mean valour is a poor deal. It just means you might not need it.

But, each to their own.

I’m using whatever polestars my scanner gives me. Once in awhile I’ll buy something from the market. I farm more credits than I can spend on retrieval.

Theme packs gives you a small selection of crew randomly for more dilithium than the equivalent retrieval. Why pay 1300 Dil for something I might already have when I can pay 1170 Dil for something I definitely want?

Because the theme packs have given me cards that are still gameplay relevant. I got Pathfinder Uhura out of a theme pack, I got the new Burnham out a theme pack. I think I even got MACO Mayweather out of a theme pack, but he became available to retrieve.

Obviously value is subjective and very much collection dependent. I tend not to play events heavily that often and I was away from the game for 2 years, so there's still a lot of value for me in that set of legendaries that are not retrievable and not a ton of value in those that are, because I will have picked up the important ones already. so it's possible that my perspective on Quantum will change. I'm not farming EC that heavily though so I doubt it actually. Honestly, I don't do anything in the game that doesn't bring me explicit joy, so no Gauntlet, limited arena etc, so if they are important sources of EC, they may as well not exist to me.

So, I will couch my experience in those terms. Considering I am a very lazy and casual player who has lucked into a good fleet, and has a two year hole in my collection, but am only really interested in good Voyagers, slots are way more valuable to me than anything else, because they allow me to carry tons of unfinished purple crew on top of all of my unfinished legendaries, contribute to FBB and generally not have to make hard choices. If you are like me, I think you might benefit from tons of slots.

But, each to their own.

Obviously value is subjective and very much collection dependent. I tend not to play events heavily that often and I was away from the game for 2 years, so there's still a lot of value for me in that set of legendaries that are not retrievable and not a ton of value in those that are, because I will have picked up the important ones already. so it's possible that my perspective on Quantum will change. I'm not farming EC that heavily though so I doubt it actually. Honestly, I don't do anything in the game that doesn't bring me explicit joy, so no Gauntlet, limited arena etc, so if they are important sources of EC, they may as well not exist to me.

So, I will couch my experience in those terms. Considering I am a very lazy and casual player who has lucked into a good fleet, and has a two year hole in my collection, but am only really interested in good Voyagers, slots are way more valuable to me than anything else, because they allow me to carry tons of unfinished purple crew on top of all of my unfinished legendaries, contribute to FBB and generally not have to make hard choices. If you are like me, I think you might benefit from tons of slots.

Funny you should bring up collections. My most recent 3 retrievals were 23rd Century Martok. Is he a good Voyager? No. Is he good at anything? Being a part of 5 collections.

I could randomly assemble crew by overpaying Dil on packs. Or I could precisely target collections to improve all areas of the game. Admitting you’re lazy doesn’t make your spending habits a good value, it just means you don’t care how you spend your money. For the rest of us we need to efficiently use what resources we have.

PS The biggest 3 sources of credits are Voyages, Saturday Cadets and purging Chronitons with a supply kit running. Almost everyone does limited arena. No one does Gauntlet for credits.

But, each to their own.

Funny you should bring up collections. My most recent 3 retrievals were 23rd Century Martok. Is he a good Voyager? No. Is he good at anything? Being a part of 5 collections.

I could randomly assemble crew by overpaying Dil on packs. Or I could precisely target collections to improve all areas of the game. Admitting you’re lazy doesn’t make your spending habits a good value, it just means you don’t care how you spend your money. For the rest of us we need to efficiently use what resources we have.

PS The biggest 3 sources of credits are Voyages, Saturday Cadets and purging Chronitons with a supply kit running. Almost everyone does limited arena. No one does Gauntlet for credits.

I must have missed something. Did I not just assert that value is subjective. Are you saying that you know how I value things more than I do? The thoughts of paying anything for 23rd Century Martok make me weep. Even with 5 collections, wait a few weeks and you'll get that from random event dross. Why spend any resources on it at all? Clearly *you* value it, but I am assuming that many don't, so therefore we spend resources differently. there is no objective solution.

But, each to their own.

I must have missed something. Did I not just assert that value is subjective. Are you saying that you know how I value things more than I do? The thoughts of paying anything for 23rd Century Martok make me weep. Even with 5 collections, wait a few weeks and you'll get that from random event dross. Why spend any resources on it at all? Clearly *you* value it, but I am assuming that many don't, so therefore we spend resources differently. there is no objective solution.

It’s an example. Do you know how many Klingons were introduced in game this year? Two. So much for random event dross. That doesn’t include citing them if they’re legendary.

If I want to progress this collection choices must be made. Martok does mostly **tsk tsk** but waiting for random drops won’t get me anywhere. I don’t value Martok. I do value the collection threshold he provides me. You wanna know something? Most collections are filled with junk crew but at least have some value in aggregate.

There are almost no good Klingons readily obtainable. He does have the nice advantage of getting me closer to other collections at the same time. The most efficient route is to pound straight through with retrieval. After I finish him, I move on to the next one. Beats waiting for a randomly available pack with random drops for too much dilithium.
    It is noteworthy that no one on this thread has attempted to curtail the freedom of speech of anyone else. I would be loath to think that anyone who values 'Trek' would do so. While freedom of speech is utterly central to any discourse especially democratic ones, it doesn't exonerate one from the responsibility for the words or emojis with which they choose or for the energy with which they choose to express themselves.

To wit: Only one poster seems to be under the sadly laboured (self-serving?) belief that I, or indeed any others posting on this thread, are belly aching and looking for freebies. I am not. I don't believe any other posters are either. Rather I have been eminently clear from the get go. I indicated a commercial opportunity I believe to be currently lacking in the game. I sought here the opinions of other posters, and I indicated that I for one would be willing to pay to obtain what circumstances in real life or technical issues denied me the opportunity to do through normal gameplay. Again, this would require an exchange of currency on my part. No freebies sought. Other posters ventured worthy opinions or alternatives. I welcome these as both interesting in their own right, and as part of normal discourse.

In regard of trolling, I invite you, gentle posters to examine a thread I recently opened "Updates on the update please", and to carefully reread this thread thus far, and to conclude for yourself, whose right to, and manner of, self expression brands them as a 'troll'.

Oomox rests, gentle jury.

My last comment here is the following:

You seem to be under the impression that all the comments I have made solely apply just to this thread. That definitely is not the case.
    I said "& as I repeatedly say, you should work for the items in this game" meaning I have stated this numerous times on many threads because people these days DO expect stuff for free/moan when they get it &/or are never satisfied. And I say this as someone who has played the game for quite a while, not from the start, but remember the hard old ways compared to now. Plus the post was a reply to someone else.

If you think I am a troll, fine but I am not the following & nor are most of the people who are now mislabelled as trolls who years ago would have been just regular comments on YouTube for example
    There is no universally accepted definition of trolling. Brown (2017) defines trolling as “posting or sending messages deliberately intended to upset others” (para. 1). Trolls post or send messages on online platforms with the intent of offending or degrading an individual, organization, or institution. They usually have no constructive comments to make on a given topic; instead, they disrupt online discourses with off-topic comments to stir controversy. Generally, a message amounts to trolling if it is “grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or false” (Bland, 2016, para. 3). Messages that threaten someone’s life are also considered trolling. Trolling encompasses a broad variety of behaviors ranging from minor acts such as pranking to more serious acts such as online stalking, identity theft, and hacking (Brown, 2017). Simply put, trolling is malicious online activity.

Peace
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one webstore wasted opportunity, I've been trying to buy this for 10+ hours, restarted everything numerous times, switched networks, nothing works.

bmtl4pg9r712.jpg
  • I use a combination of Amazon Coins and the Webstore each for different value of things.

Certain Webstore offerings are great.
    --Recently, their was x10 packs + Citation(limit 2) in the Webstore vs x10 packs in game.
    --During Honor sales you can buy 5 additional 10k honor + cite via the Webstore.
    --Mixed Beholds for Megas have been a better deal. (7/8 pulls versus 5)

With Amazon Coins, you get a 8% right off the top. Note: I also have the Amazon CC which gives an additional 5% back(12.6%). Because of that I figure the amount in the Webstore has to have at least a 10% discount for it to be a better deal. Not a single offering has that besides the ones previous mentioned.
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here is one webstore wasted opportunity, I've been trying to buy this for 10+ hours, restarted everything numerous times, switched networks, nothing works.

bmtl4pg9r712.jpg

I had a similar issue to @Bylo Band quite a while back. My solutions borrows a little from what @Shadowconmaster suggests above - I now go through my Amazon account entirely.

It is very frustrating that this should happen.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

bmtl4pg9r712.jpg

If they cant even be bothered to make sure that they are able to actually get money for the things they are trying to sell, is it really a surprise that the whole game is going to the toilet?

You have already said you have left the game in another thread, how about you depart the forum as well, we don’t need your continuing negativity.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

bmtl4pg9r712.jpg

If they cant even be bothered to make sure that they are able to actually get money for the things they are trying to sell, is it really a surprise that the whole game is going to the toilet?

You have already said you have left the game in another thread, how about you depart the forum as well, we don’t need your continuing negativity.

Looks like Nancy is finally dealing with the same troll creating new accounts to constantly post her doom and gloom.
  • ShadowconmasterShadowconmaster ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Since I mentioned I use the Webstore for other things, I do want to mention that there is a 22k Dil offer on the Webstore for $25 USD. That is another example of a great deal.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I mentioned I use the Webstore for other things, I do want to mention that there is a 22k Dil offer on the Webstore for $25 USD. That is another example of a great deal.

I’m sure some people won’t buy it out of principle. 🙄

Or desperation. Or both
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure some people won’t buy it out of principle. 🙄

I am one of those keeping my wallet shut. However, if this were on the app, I would very much consider it. My principle of not paying might be adjusted. It isn't a moral or religious principle; it is an I'm-mad-at-you-and-hope-you-learn-a-lesson principle. Those are less firm. But economic situations being what they are, I won't add another site with my credit info. I use Google play since I can buy gift cards.
    edited July 2023
    OK, so I bring two pieces of information.

1. The error I reported earlier in this thread was actually my fault. I kept trying and I realized I made an omission when entering my DBID. If you like me have a DBID with lots of duplicate numbers, since they don't have commas, be extra careful you get all 15 or 16 digits (my main has 15, my alt has 16, but perhaps there are other possibilitie?).

2. I troubleshot a second reason for errors that I caught and I'm passing it along, I know for a fact it tripped up several attempted transactions and lead to one of them having my card carrier disable my card...the interface keeps autofilling the ZIP code and it often picks one for your current location which is a problem because the ZIP code needs to match your billing address. Once I've started paying closer attention to this 100% of my transactions have been successful.

I use PayPal and put in a zip code for a city in a state with no sales tax and it removes the tax even though my PayPal account is tied to a state with sales tax.
    OK, so I bring two pieces of information.

1. The error I reported earlier in this thread was actually my fault. I kept trying and I realized I made an omission when entering my DBID. If you like me have a DBID with lots of duplicate numbers, since they don't have commas, be extra careful you get all 15 or 16 digits (my main has 15, my alt has 16, but perhaps there are other possibilitie?).

Just press the copy in your status to get your full I'd then paste it at the store

g9jkxaf4h9x6.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or copy the full DBID from any CS email you have. The ID is included when you first submit the ticket.
  • Where is the Monday webstore update??
    Where is the Monday webstore update??

l4beesep7v9p.jpeg