Home Engineering Room
Options

Episode 8 one-time reward problem

Clearing through the Episode I've encountered this problem on almost every single Away Team mission. I can't retest because it involves the one-time rewards.

When clearing some nodes with a star still on them, I will not receive any reward even if I clearly destroyed the mission requirements (for instance, using a crew with >900 skill on a node requiring 240). The star stays on the node which would indicate that I didn't clear it. At the end of the mission I am short by one item in the results window which also indicates that I didn't clear it.

HOWEVER, once leaving the mission screen (and repeating if necessary) the star is cleared which would indicate that I did in fact clear the node. This marks the node as cleared for one-time rewards, however I never get these one-time items. They just silently get marked as 'done'.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related?
    Known issue for Episode 8 for the mission Uprising and the following nodes:
    - Tipping off Hirogen for the Hunt (Elite)
    - Verge of Destruction (Normal/Epic)

Criting on that rare reward node for the first time will result in the rare reward being obtained correctly. However the star will remain on the node and the reward will show as unclaimed until the mission is opened again. We are working on a fix for those display issues.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2044/3-1-0-server-release-notes#latest
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed the display issue referred to in the event notes, you did receive the reward though.
    There is a fix for this fortunately and I hope it will go live soon.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Looks like, but I'm unconvinced the rewards are being applied correctly. I guess I'll have to take their word for it, but given DB's track record...

Edit: Shan literally ninja posted me at the last possible second. Anyway. As usual, DB is on top of the apology tour and promises swift fixes which is always appreciated, but it's still hard to trust that I did get the items when they didn't even appear on the results screen after the mission. I'm not here to quibble over a few potentionally missing items, though. Just voicing a concern.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean to ninja post, promise!
    I understand your doubts about the lack of visual confirmation, and I know that trying to find the item in the inventory is not that easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    It is indeed the display issue referred to in the event notes, you did receive the reward though.
    Shan wrote: »
    I understand your doubts about the lack of visual confirmation, and I know that trying to find the item in the inventory is not that easy.

Sorry, have no trust in DB. And YES it is not easy to find the item in the inventory, but only if i had checked all items in the Episodes before i started them and noted down what is not "displayed" to check it afterwards in the inventory. Wow, what a userfriendly game we play here altogether.

GREAT JOB DB!