Home Make It So!
Options

Gauntlet exclusive crew - Frustrated!

I’ve ranked #1 a few times with time left in the Gauntlet but by the time it ends another player with one of those exclusive Gauntlet crew members has swooped in & knocked me out of the top 10. I’ve played Gauntlet so many times I’ve lost count & have never gotten a Gauntlet exclusive crew member. How is anyone supposed to have a chance to rank higher than lvl 10 at the end of a Gauntlet round without having one of those exclusive crew to get there? Seems like this is rigged toward the same players winning over & over again. C’mon .@WRG this needs to be addressed in the interest of fairness so everyone, new & older players alike all have a chance to do equally well !

Comments

• Options
    One thing you can try, instead of always going for a high rank, is to go for a high streak. Try to challenge opponents who are worth the fewest number of points, rather than the most, so that you can keep facing relatively weak lineups. I haven't been tracking my gauntlet crew drops, but I'm fairly certain I've gotten more of them from these streak boxes than from the rank boxes at the end of the gauntlet.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    @guest_692137023680515 Your advice is appreciated & I’ll give it a try. Thank you

Exactly how do you accomplish this? When finding opponents, the game gives me 6 to choose from. I have no control over what level those opponents are. It costs 50 merits to refresh the choices, the new opponents presented by the game are still the same rank as the previous ones.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for 10 or 15 points on the right end and use merits to refresh.
  • Options
    Also, 20K rounds gets you a Locutus.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Streaks have given me most of my exclusive crew although I don’t have all of them FF and I don’t have an Archer yet, I have been very lucky with a couple of the crew. Usually I don’t play much but I’ve been trying for an Archer lately. Last couple of weeks twice I’ve managed to claim the top spot and I’ve received chrons and three star equipment in the boxes, no crew no four star equipment heck not even a five star trainer although I don’t need them. I know it’s all RNG but I sent in a ticket anyway as that needs to be changed.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    The RNG doesn’t feel so random…
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go for high placement. Go for placements that give you the most amount of loot boxes.

Rank 11-15 and 26-30, for example, give 7 boxes each. The quality of the box is lower but that's offset by the number of boxes.

Also retrieve the better Gauntlet crew if you haven't. Laris, Gary7, DefPhlox and Boothby are very good gauntlet crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I agree that high placement doesn't really matter and that crew are more likely to drop from a streak. I don't find that the length of the streak matters, though. It's been a year or more since I got crew from a loot box. I used to participate in every one, but the rewards, specifically crew, are so frustrating that I only participate during midweek objective events. I get that the randomness makes it fair for all levels of players, but just a little bit more logic would help.
  • Options
    AquielAquiel ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    WTH I’ve got an 88 win streak & still no gauntlet behold. I have dedicated so much effort to this Gauntlet just to try & get an exclusive crew. It shouldn’t be this difficult for some while it seems effortless for others. xhcutfjgqyyc.png

Update: I just got a behold. It should not take this much effort
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquiel wrote: »
    WTH I’ve got an 88 win streak & still no gauntlet behold. I have dedicated so much effort to this Gauntlet just to try & get an exclusive crew. It shouldn’t be this difficult for some while it seems effortless for others. xhcutfjgqyyc.png

Congratulations. It is very difficult. And pure luck. I haven't had a gauntlet crew for a very very long time. Of course, I don't do gauntlet often, anymore. But at least gauntlet is honest about it being so hard and so rare. We are not cheated in gauntlet the way we are cheated from out rewards in voyages.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed it is brutal and tough, I will re-iterate what someone posted above, make sure you retrieve some of the really strong crew that are in the portal and only need 1/5 (or 1/4)

Golds
    Gary Seven, Gowron, Sulan, Defensive Phlox, Gangster Spock, Away team Burnham, Away Team Number one, Mirror Jean Luc, Second Chance Laris, Commander Ari bn Bem, Fury Kes, Seven of Nine, Augment Obrien, Lara, Union Q, Boothby, EV suit Picard, Twilight T'pol

Purples
    Mirror Phlox, Shroomies, Fait Garland, Marshal of France Q, Doc Crusher, Bagman Odo

These all see lots of play. The voyage/gauntlet exclusives are the top 7-8 cards but after that you can build a really good crew with these options.

• Options
    @guest_692137023680515 Your advice is appreciated & I’ll give it a try. Thank you

Exactly how do you accomplish this? When finding opponents, the game gives me 6 to choose from. I have no control over what level those opponents are. It costs 50 merits to refresh the choices, the new opponents presented by the game are still the same rank as the previous ones.

Spend 50 merits to choose 5 new opponents. Most of my Gauntlet crew come from 3 win streaks or top 11 to 15 for 7 boxes. Finishing 1st just gives 7 boxes with a slightly higher chance of receiving a gauntlet exclusive crew
  • Options

Congratulations. It is very difficult. And pure luck.

I worked so hard on that Gauntlet & I’m proud of where I finished. It was a very difficult & took a LOT of effort as well as a LOT of time.

3ma8yt95wi64.png
    myfj5gdwwdv3.png
    t6qvvtdua62p.png

• Options
    Honestly there should be additional rewards for effort put into these battles. I’m sure WRG have ways to tell how much effort & time players put into these things. Then small players who don’t have top crew could benefit just from putting in a valiant effort even if they can’t beat the heavy hitters loaded with gauntlet exclusive crew teams.
  • Options
    I find Gauntlet incredibly frustrating, the RNG seems to actively work against you and favours the underdog. On topic, however, I will say that I can only remember getting one or two exclusive crew from finishing first or in the top 10. Most of the time they just drop randomly when I've done exceptionally poorly, like finishing 38th or lower. I've had some luck recently and had 2 Mariners, a Balok and an Archer all drop within a relatively short space of time since the behold reward was introduced. Again, none were for ranking particularly highly. You just have to keep rolling the dice, so to speak. Good luck!

3jzcoiyjt0mw.png
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I just got Archer with a three win streak begold. I finally have a copy of all of them until the next gauntlet exclusive comes out. Rng luck is out there keep playing and the slots line up eventually.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    I find Gauntlet incredibly frustrating, the RNG seems to actively work against you and favours the underdog. On topic, however, I will say that I can only remember getting one or two exclusive crew from finishing first or in the top 10. Most of the time they just drop randomly when I've done exceptionally poorly, like finishing 38th or lower. I've had some luck recently and had 2 Mariners, a Balok and an Archer all drop within a relatively short space of time since the behold reward was introduced. Again, none were for ranking particularly highly. You just have to keep rolling the dice, so to speak. Good luck!

3jzcoiyjt0mw.png

That is both interesting & frustrating
  • Options

3jzcoiyjt0mw.png

That is both interesting & frustrating

I try to finish 1st for the 7x Top boxes, I've had 2x Gauntlet Beholds in the 7 boxes. I used to finish 11th-15th for 7 of the slightly lower tier, most beholds I've had are from 3 win streaks. Still no First Flight Archer. I've had 19x Armus though.

With Continuum I'm developing my duplicates with Quipment now after finishing my first set of characters I'm looking to run a Huge Voyage with 12x fully Quipped crew for 16hr or 18hr legitimate Voyage
  • Options
    Finishing gauntlet top10/20 every 2 days, getting nothing but garbage (3* trainers), NEVER a behold.
  • Options
    The key to happiness in playing Gauntlet is to not expect anything to come from your efforts. ;)

I do streaks of at least 40 or 50 in every Gauntlet I play, and my crew drops remain very few and far between -- often going 3 or 4 months without seeing one.

Glad to at least have beholds now. Although the last time I got one, all 3 choices were immortalized, even though I still need stars on a few.

Now, Voyage crew drops... those are even worse. But that's a whole other discussion.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    I would agree with others here- retrievable crew like Defensive Phlox, Ari Ben Bm, and Gary Seven can also serve as a foot-in-the-door, doing almost as well as gauntlet-exclusive crews.