Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
Excellent.

Voyage ship selection, excellent, saves a lot of time, and the occasional error of having to recall a rubbish ship, and restart.
Pull again, excellent, especially useful in faction events.
Avatar selection, very quick look shows it's excellent.
Cadet tickets on mission screen excellent, saves have to count when I am spamming them.

Rapid crafting, this was broken recently, and was very annoying, excellent that it has been fixed.

When doing dilemmas on a voyage, it pops up a message "cannot resolve resolved dilemma" I am hoping that this is tempory.

Crew trainer use, uses more trainers than needed.
e.g. to get from lvl 70 to lvl 80 I know I need 17 trainers. The UI tries to use 19 to max out lvl 80. The last of these is a waste. Whilst not important for those of us with maxed out trainers, it could make a difference to those in the first few months of play.

Comments

• Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent.
    e.g. to get from lvl 70 to lvl 80 I know I need 17 trainers. The UI tries to use 19 to max out lvl 80. The last of these is a waste. Whilst not important for those of us with maxed out trainers, it could make a difference to those in the first few months of play.

I agree. I’ve been pushing the slider back, especially for levels 90-100 since I don’t want to max out to level 100. Would appreciate if it were tweaked back a couple of trainers to avoid this. I am happy to not have to push down to use multiple trainers though.

I enjoyed using the “pull again” option for the portal pulls I did this morning.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    The slider is not an improvement unless you want to overuse your trainers. It's certainly making it harder for me to use the number I want.

At the very least, please put back the tap-and-hold so we have the option of using whatever is best for us.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    Now if only it'd remember that I want it at 4x speed...

+ remember 3x AUTO for any ship battle (arena, fbb, skirmish)

And don‘t forget 4x gauntlet
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I really don't want it to remember 3X Auto for ship battles. I often play them out manually until my victory or defeat seems certain (usually shortly after my opponent first decloaks, in the arena) and then turn on auto and increase the speed to finish it off. I definitely don't have the reflexes to turn them both off before Auto does something I don't want it to (like unleash all my instant-damage effects on a cloaked foe).
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Shidoni wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I really don't want it to remember 3X Auto for ship battles. I often play them out manually until my victory or defeat seems certain (usually shortly after it first decloaks, in the arena) and then turn on auto and increase the speed to finish it off. I definitely don't have the reflexes to turn them both off before Auto does something I don't want it to (like unleash all my instant-damage effects on a cloaked foe).

I agree. I would like to have a settings to chose , to make it default on. I know I would forget it. But, after one battle I would figure it out.

Edit: But this requires more work to create. So I would say leaving it off is still the better choice,

But , definitely Gautlet x4 and packs x4. Frankly, not sure why one would want these slower at all.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid crafting, this was broken recently, and was very annoying, excellent that it has been fixed.

Am I the only player that doesn’t know what is meant by this? I’ve seen this issue mentioned in a few places but I don’t understand what it refers to. Apologies if this question would rile up Admiral Patrick.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only player that doesn’t know what is meant by this? I’ve seen this issue mentioned in a few places but I don’t understand what it refers to. Apologies if this question would rile up Admiral Patrick.

They are talking about crafting items while building your crew.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that, but I haven’t noticed any changes in any crafting behavior (before or after update) other than the trainer slider. I’m either lucky to be unaffected by the previously broken thing, or I’m missing out on a trick others are using when things aren’t broken.
  • Options
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I really don't want it to remember 3X Auto for ship battles.

Then we agree that ship battles should remember the last setting the player used
  • Options
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I really don't want it to remember 3X Auto for ship battles.

Then we agree that ship battles should remember the last setting the player used

If they did that, my battles would take twice as long because I'd be afraid to ever set them to 3X. Right now, I speed it up after I've cinched my victory.

But it would make things better for everyone else, so I'll take the hit. Needs of the many and all.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    A couple of toggle switches in player settings would help
    - ship battle 1x / 3x
    - FBB 1x / 3x

IMHO gauntlet, packs and other pulls should be defaulted to 4x and not have a 1x at all
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    For me, ever since the update, the game has become painfully slow... All sorts of images pop up 3 to 5 seconds after the box with the lighting appears. Bass battles need at least 5-10 seconds to load (compared to less than 1 before) , Gantlet opens with empty boxes for a few seconds before the character images are displayed, portal routinely delivers items with no image (just a box and a name).

Android version on a modern Samsung phone, if that matters.

Am I the only one affected? I have not read any complaints...
  • Options
    Excellent.

I agree. I’ve been pushing the slider back, especially for levels 90-100 since I don’t want to max out to level 100. Would appreciate if it were tweaked back a couple of trainers to avoid this. I am happy to not have to push down to use multiple trainers though.

I enjoyed using the “pull again” option for the portal pulls I did this morning.

i used the + and - to adjust.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    I get that, but I haven’t noticed any changes in any crafting behavior (before or after update) other than the trainer slider. I’m either lucky to be unaffected by the previously broken thing, or I’m missing out on a trick others are using when things aren’t broken.

I’ll try to explain by an example.

A 1* Translation Algorithm is crafted from two 0* Translation Algorithms. It’s best to craft the 1*s manually. Why would you do so? Because if the crafting comprises two of the same item, and you do it manually (rather than quick build) it only consumes one 0* item, not two - so you only use half the resources.

It was possible to manually craft a bunch at once through quickly tapping, but a previous update broke that. It has now been restored.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

I’ll try to explain by an example.

A 1* Translation Algorithm is crafted from two 0* Translation Algorithms. It’s best to craft the 1*s manually. Why would you do so? Because if the crafting comprises two of the same item, and you do it manually (rather than quick build) it only consumes one 0* item, not two - so you only use half the resources.

It was possible to manually craft a bunch at once through quickly tapping, but a previous update broke that. It has now been restored.

It sounds like the real issue is manual crafting should be following the recipe and not under charging. Making it easier for players to exploit a long standing bug seems counterintuitive.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the crafting issue is if you rapid tap to build two of something to have to build your next higher up, it either takes you out of crafting or up one step higher than you should be. That's what it's going to me anyway. No update for my Kindle yet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    "Show all rewards"

This is another excellent improvement. I am glad WRG are working on bug fixes and quality of game improvements.

4qx75edi7let.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portal was just updated. Have not investigated to see the exact card list but if you check crew retrieval you will see a massive jump in available "Federation" options, and also cards like Vindicta are now retrievable!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The slider is not an improvement unless you want to overuse your trainers. It's certainly making it harder for me to use the number I want.

At the very least, please put back the tap-and-hold so we have the option of using whatever is best for us.

I agree. I'm not particularly worried about over using trainers. However, I like the feeling that I am wasting nothing.
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Same here, I stop at 99 while Im working on a crew vs 100 when I'm done. Kinda a pain in the you know what now.

This is VERY important. There are many reasons to wait at 99. This is particularly true for merge crew. The new version makes that really annoying.

But in the end, I like the new version.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Inspiring Captain Burnham is now in the portal. Just retrieved her. Also noticed EV Suit Boimler.

Did a quick check and the latest card seems to be the Kai Winn card released this past January. So the usual 6 months back is the latest one added to the portal.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inspiring Captain Burnham is now in the portal. Just retrieved her. Also noticed EV Suit Boimler.

Got Terrell first Pull.

munws7iu9rsu.png
    oyscyvsndg59.png

Also, Dread Pirate Q can be Retrieved, finally!

9ft71afpmxpr.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy. Several Med crew I wanted just got added. Conversely, I went from having all the 4*s in the Portal with six to finish to needing two with seventeen to finish. Beholds are a bit more valuable now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Admiral_C wrote: »
    For me, ever since the update, the game has become painfully slow... All sorts of images pop up 3 to 5 seconds after the box with the lighting appears. Bass battles need at least 5-10 seconds to load (compared to less than 1 before) , Gantlet opens with empty boxes for a few seconds before the character images are displayed, portal routinely delivers items with no image (just a box and a name).

Not that slow on iOS, but images popping up 2s later. I thought of a caching issue, that all graphics have to be downloaded at least once to be seen faster
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

This to me makes a lot of sense.
    I just have to remember when battling manual, to not speed it up at the end.
    But even if I do, I will figure it out with one battle.
  • Options

Hi! @Admiral_C Would you mind opening a ticket for Customer Support and providing your DBID and device information? This would be super helpful in identifying any potential widespread issues. So far, we haven't received many tickets regarding this matter. Thanks a bunch!
  • Options

Same with me on Android with Samsung phone
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else have the issue on Android where the immortal count still includes duplicates?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    I'm still having the issue of most polestar icons not displaying when opening a constellation. All I see is the glowing blue/green ball, without an icon.

I'm also getting an error message during every voyage dilemma, and then I'm not seeing the crew member's photo as the dilemma is resolved. All I see is the burst of light, but no crew photo.