Home The Bridge
Options

Missing Gauntlet

Last round just finished. Collected my 'winnings', now see it's not available

unxics2d80ua.png

Comments

• Options
    still no gauntlet for me
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    vzot57sdigkb.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, who is the new Reward Crew? And will they be a Shuttle beast?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get at least a 6 streak on my first wave of battles, and I definitely feel like FF Archer was going to drop for me sometime in the past 12 hours. So… just send me a copy of him in game mail and we’ll call it even. Thx! 😉😅
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should offer a loot box for every hour it's not functioning. Sorry not sorry. For as stingy as the loot boxes are already (come on, gold trainers just to screw with players) and the amount of Dilithium and Merits that get pumped into that game feature it's the least they could do.
    If you’re dumping dilithium into gauntlet, you’re really not using dilithium well. Getting a top 10 in gauntlet is no guarantee of getting good rewards.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    They should offer a loot box for every hour it's not functioning. Sorry not sorry. For as stingy as the loot boxes are already (come on, gold trainers just to screw with players) and the amount of Dilithium and Merits that get pumped into that game feature it's the least they could do.
    If you’re dumping dilithium into gauntlet, you’re really not using dilithium well. Getting a top 10 in gauntlet is no guarantee of getting good rewards.

Most of my post-Gauntlet drops of Crew have been from Chests for finishing in the 40s-70s zone. I do not remember getting someone when I finally stumbled into the First Place Achievement recently. {I was like in third, and both people above me were tied. So, I crammed the last hour, just to finish first.}

Looked in our Fleet's Discord "Bragging" thread to see if I posted the Rewards. I did not see it, but think I got like a 4 🌟/5 🌟 Latinum in one box, was "best" reward.

I did see where I stumbled into second place after that, and did get second 🌟 for Mariner. Only Crew drop for top ten I have had, IIRC.

==================================

Now I'm wondering if maybe they are turning on the BeGold for Crew Drops, and that is why it is paused. That was part of the Update, but did not go live the other day.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Not sure why it's wrong to want to win. You use your dilithium how you wanna. I'm not the only one paying to win Gauntlets.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Options

Not sure why it's wrong to want to win. You use your dilithium how you wanna. I'm not the only one paying to win Gauntlets.

It's totally your choice how you play. The "top" Gauntlet Chests are just not necessarily the "best" option if you are trying for Crew drops. I did recently get a Mariner 🌟 for a second place finish. But, last night I got a couple of 3 🌟 equipments/items.

If you wish to finish high, that is still your choice. If you are playing how you want, you are not "wasting" the Dilithium.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's totally your choice how you play. The "top" Gauntlet Chests are just not necessarily the "best" option if you are trying for Crew drops. I did recently get a Mariner 🌟 for a second place finish. But, last night I got a couple of 3 🌟 equipments/items.

If you wish to finish high, that is still your choice. If you are playing how you want, you are not "wasting" the Dilithium.

The top gauntlet chests are absolutely the best for earning the crew. It's possible to earn crew with lower chests, just like it's possible to earn a 5* crew in the credit portal. But that doesn't mean the top chests aren't better.

I still think gauntlet is poor roi on dil, and it's possible to win or come in top 3 without dil. But if someone wants to spend dil on gauntlet that's their dil to spend how they want.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

The top gauntlet chests are absolutely the best for earning the crew. It's possible to earn crew with lower chests, just like it's possible to earn a 5* crew in the credit portal. But that doesn't mean the top chests aren't better.

I still think gauntlet is poor roi on dil, and it's possible to win or come in top 3 without dil. But if someone wants to spend dil on gauntlet that's their dil to spend how they want.

The top ten places get the Chests with the "best chance" {undefined numerically} to get the Crew drops. But, still not a guarantee. For instance, tenth place gets three Chests. Eleventh place gets seven {IIRC} of the next level of {undisclosed} chance for a Crew drop Chest.

That's four more chances for a drop. Even if the {unknown} odds aren't quite as good.

I posted a real-life actual experience of a first place and two second place finishes that resulted in one Mariner, from a second place finish. First place, the "best" drop was a 5 🌟 Latinum, IIRC.

Statistics uses math to predict what SHOULD happen. What DOES happen in the actual real world can be different.

In a discussion on the Forums for MAA one time, about the Roulette Wheel for post-battle Rewards, I did a little experiment. Mathematics tells us that if you flip a normal quarter ten times, it SHOULD land on heads five times and tails five, usually. I flipped a quarter ten times, and got heads nine times. Tails was the second flip, so it was heads eight times in a row. Mathematics would probably say that getting heads eight times in a row is HIGHLY unlikely, at the very least. Statistics said what should happen. The real world, something else happened.

The odds of two soldiers firing rifles, and the bullets colliding in mid-air, are pretty dang slim. More than one museum has at least one example of two fused bullets. West Point has a fused pair of Minié Balls from a Virginia battlefield, for example.

For a real world example from this very game, just look at Bylo's experience. He had a pretty long streak of first place finishes that dropped zero Crew before he ever started the RNG thread.....

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20391/rng-victim-support-group/p1

I'm not saying the unknown odds are not better for the top ten Chests. Just that in our real world, it's still random. That is my only point about top ten not always being "best" for players, in the real world.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The top ten places get the Chests with the "best chance" {undefined numerically} to get the Crew drops. But, still not a guarantee. For instance, tenth place gets three Chests. Eleventh place gets seven {IIRC} of the next level of {undisclosed} chance for a Crew drop Chest.

That's four more chances for a drop. Even if the {unknown} odds aren't quite as good.

I posted a real-life actual experience of a first place and two second place finishes that resulted in one Mariner, from a second place finish. First place, the "best" drop was a 5 🌟 Latinum, IIRC.

Statistics uses math to predict what SHOULD happen. What DOES happen in the actual real world can be different.

In a discussion on the Forums for MAA one time, about the Roulette Wheel for post-battle Rewards, I did a little experiment. Mathematics tells us that if you flip a normal quarter ten times, it SHOULD land on heads five times and tails five, usually. I flipped a quarter ten times, and got heads nine times. Tails was the second flip, so it was heads eight times in a row. Mathematics would probably say that getting heads eight times in a row is HIGHLY unlikely, at the very least. Statistics said what should happen. The real world, something else happened.

The odds of two soldiers firing rifles, and the bullets colliding in mid-air, are pretty dang slim. More than one museum has at least one example of two fused bullets. West Point has a fused pair of Minié Balls from a Virginia battlefield, for example.

For a real world example from this very game, just look at Bylo's experience. He had a pretty long streak of first place finishes that dropped zero Crew before he ever started the RNG thread.....

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20391/rng-victim-support-group/p1

I'm not saying the unknown odds are not better for the top ten Chests. Just that in our real world, it's still random. That is my only point about top ten not always being "best" for players, in the real world.

Your example is cherry picking a couple gauntlets. RNG says you can win with any chest. But that doesn't make it best, just that you got lucky.

Best is still where the best odds are.

And from my own limited data set, most of my gauntlet characters have come from placing in the top 10. And I have every gauntlet crew and all but Archer FF.

If you think the odds are broken feel free to collect the data to prove it. But short of real data to prove otherwise, the best odds are what the game says the best odds are.
  • Options

Your example is cherry picking a couple gauntlets. RNG says you can win with any chest. But that doesn't make it best, just that you got lucky.

Best is still where the best odds are.

And from my own limited data set, most of my gauntlet characters have come from placing in the top 10. And I have every gauntlet crew and all but Archer FF.

If you think the odds are broken feel free to collect the data to prove it. But short of real data to prove otherwise, the best odds are what the game says the best odds are.

Kind of hard to do testing when the only thing stated is "best chance" et cetera for the odds of each type of Chest.

Also, you having better results than other people is also "cherry-picking" samples. Your results do not translate to anyone else. You had great luck in the top ten. Bylo had horrible luck with a long string of first place finishes.

I truly and sincerely apologize if you coded the Gauntlet and you feel attacked or whatever. All I tried to say was that it is NOT a guarantee. You can have a 300 win streak probably, and no guarantee that 100th streak chest is going to be anything but a 0 🌟 Uniform Pattern. It's all random.

I have no dog in this fight, either way.

Have a nice day and a wonderful game experience!

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your exact quote:

You didn't say the top chests aren't the only way. You said they were not the best.

If you had said you can win a crew from finishing anywhere I would have agreed. But you said finishing top ten wasn't best, which according to what the game says is factually wrong.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re spending to win, that makes sense. If you’re spending to win because you think it’ll get you good rewards, you’re very likely to be disappointed.

I’m happy to finish 11th in gauntlet and get a decent shot at the good stuff (my best gauntlet drops are at streaks of 3 and from ranking 11-15 in gauntlet).
  • Options
    Your exact quote:

You didn't say the top chests aren't the only way. You said they were not the best.

If you had said you can win a crew from finishing anywhere I would have agreed. But you said finishing top ten wasn't best, which according to what the game says is factually wrong.

"NOT NECESSARILY"

Qualifiers are also important in a statement. Never said they were or were not "the best". Just that they are not necessarily the "best". Because it is random. Someone could theoretically hit several Crew from the top level Crates. But, most aren't going to.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chance to get from the best chest 0.01000% chance to get from the next best 0.0999%.

WRG's statement is correct.
    But unless they tell us the real chance.
    It could be my statement above.
  • Options
    Sometimes you just gotta believe in yourself. Dreams can come true. Beefcake.

a22udht7djn7.jpg

Also glad to see I'm not the only insane person throwing dilithium at a problem to fix it.

7by4y3s7900x.jpg

eXo | Z•A•P•P