Home The Bridge

Quipment

There's something I just noticed and, while it's not particularly interesting yet, I have not seen any discussion on it in these forums or on Reddit, so... here's a tidbit for you.

While dismissing an immortalized crew (Commanding Officer Sisko), the dismissal warning looked much longer than usual. Upon reading it, it turns out, the warning now tells you that "Any Quipment is going to be removed" or something like that.

I'd wager this is the "post-immortalization Advancement feature" that was announced in the Roadmap. So... we know they're called Quipments and that they can't be frozen.

On a technical level, it's interesting to see that some Quipment-centric changes are already appearing, as those tend to leak into the official client only then the new feature is approaching release.
"Dance with me. For science."

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    When crew are active in the quarters, they have additional data about them.
    e.g. if they are on voyages, shuttles, what their gauntlet fatigue is, data for mission events, what the level is etc.

When they are frozen, the game just stores how many frozen crew there are of that card, no other data. So I guess this would also be deleted.

There is/was a feature where merging crew would reset some of the data, but I guess that won't happen if Quipment can only be used on immortal crew.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    For a little while there were "Continuum missions" appearing on the "Level unlocks" tab you can get to by clicking on your avatar on the main screen (a couple over from where you can claim achievements), first accessible at level 20 (I think - it's gone again now), so I'm guessing that's what they're going to be called.

All I can say is very best of luck to any account that manages to have an immortalised gold at level 20!
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    I had dug out a bunch of information on continuum missions and quipment back in March. The discussion happened in the Trek Time! discord:
    https://discord.com/channels/815940107155537950/843844213925740614/1089271306635190312