Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Skirmish/Galaxy Event Notes Rest and Revelation - 2023-08-10

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already High Bonus for whole Mega, but Recurring is not "Casual". Just was expecting to fit the theme, I guess.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Already High Bonus for whole Mega, but Recurring is not "Casual". Just was expecting to fit the theme, I guess.

It really wouldn't fit him, though - he's the leader of the killjoys that Worf joins for a hot minute in the DS9 Risa episode and basically constitutionally incapable of casualness. Presumably this is going to be one of those megas where the recurring is the villain of the arc.

(I admit that I had to Google him - I thought he must be from SNW, which I still haven't got access to, but turns out he's from thirty years ago...)
  • Options

It really wouldn't fit him, though - he's the leader of the killjoys that Worf joins for a hot minute in the DS9 Risa episode and basically constitutionally incapable of casualness. Presumably this is going to be one of those megas where the recurring is the villain of the arc.

(I admit that I had to Google him - I thought he must be from SNW, which I still haven't got access to, but turns out he's from thirty years ago...)

I had to Google him, as well. I don't really remember that episode. Other than that Klingons play soccer to win.....

It just seems that a one-shot character that the Trait does not fit is an odd choice for the Recurring. Someone like Holodeck Fishing Sisko or Off-Duty {Someone From SNW} might have fit, better. Or

SPOILER FOR SEASON TWO SNW!!!!!

Someone from the Alternate Timeline in civilian clothes, from the La'An episode.

With so many TNG+ episodes having people relaxing on the Holo-Deck or in a Holo-Suite, there should be some Casual choices for the Recurring. Just pointing out someone who fits the theme would be more logical.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    He fits the theme perfectly. His whole reason for being on Risa was because he thought the Federation was too soft and people were spending too much time relaxing. He's obviously going to be playing the same killjoy in the event storyline.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    He fits the theme perfectly. His whole reason for being on Risa was because he thought the Federation was too soft and people were spending too much time relaxing. He's obviously going to be playing the same killjoy in the event storyline.

100% this. The theme is clearly vacation. We're getting all these characters on vacation. And we get the villain who hates the easy vacation life that the federation is living. He's going to be trying to end the vacations that all the characters are on.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

100% this. The theme is clearly vacation. We're getting all these characters on vacation. And we get the villain who hates the easy vacation life that the federation is living. He's going to be trying to end the vacations that all the characters are on.

It's slightly Poetic that Summer Vacation is coming to an end at the same time as this Mega.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's slightly Poetic that Summer Vacation is coming to an end at the same time as this Mega.

August is peak vacation month. Especially in Europe. France basically shuts down because everyone is on vacation. The vacation mega was chosen to coincide with everyone on vacation.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone want to explain why Hoshi has a mass spectrometer while on vacation? Wrong answer only, please. :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    EnderW wrote: »
    Someone want to explain why Hoshi has a mass spectrometer while on vacation? Wrong answer only, please. :D

...I have a good one tied to that episode, but I think it would get censored.😚
    (I also had to tamp down a comment about calling in Tasha Yar if there are bandwidth issues, 'cause she knows how to handle Data.) Hey, I can't help it. I'm Scots Irish, heavy on the Scots, and German. Children learn limericks that would make sailors blush in my family. My 84 year old grandmother's commentary on "The Thong Song" at a wedding reception is a thing of legend.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Well, of course I hit the Frozen Existing 4 🌟, but also this happened.....

sf8jf866euhn.png
    0bjcijcw61el.png
  • Options
    Congrats, on your Arty! I'm skipping packs, even after missing out on Hoshi.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

I was hoping for her. Maybe Recaps will be nice to me. I never turn down a Hoshi. I have several Empress Hoshis Frozed!
  • Options

I was hoping for her. Maybe Recaps will be nice to me. I never turn down a Hoshi. I have several Empress Hoshis Frozed!

Early Monday morning, before the Finish Line Fiasco, I popped a pack and hit a BeGold. One was froze. My choice was between the fourth star on L'Q Hoshi or the last star on Carlos Data. I took Data, so I could finish and freeze him.
    I needed a slot for the Hoshi I was on track to get. I'll be salty about that until she's done and in the freezer. I'm a Celt. We hold grudges. It's the unofficial game of Scotland. 238 slots to go with 35 minutes and 2700 chronitons... 😡
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Anyone else having issues with blowing up a space spa? Just me?

EDIT: I made this same joke in my fleet chat and no one understood that meant a MORAL issue. I can blow the spa up just fine, thank you very much.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

https://youtu.be/sNk2LjsO8YE
  • Options
    The Army Air Forces used a hundred year old Catholic church as a bomb target during WWII for training. Part of New Marion, Indiana was taken for the Jefferson Proving Ground, church included. They leveled St. Magdalene and not all the graves from the cemetery got moved to Madison. The dirt taken from the building projects there was trucked to the old clay pit and base housing built on top. That's why they are all sinking. We're renting a unit while we renovate at the farm and the thing is never dry.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Nope, you don't have an issue with blowing it up? Or, nope, not just me having an issue blowing it up? :D

BTW: 33 Minutes, the only episode of Battlestar Galactica that I ever liked. Could not get through Season 2 when it originally aired and never wanted to go back to watch it.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Nope, you don't have an issue with blowing it up? Or, nope, not just me having an issue blowing it up? :D

BTW: 33 Minutes, the only episode of Battlestar Galactica that I ever liked. Could not get through Season 2 when it originally aired and never wanted to go back to watch it.

I don't have trouble blowing it up.

I also agree on BSG. I only watched bits and pieces of it.
    Blood and Chrome was enjoyable.
  • Options
    The New Legendary from the last Campaign is actually hitting some Crafting. He has "Casual" Trait.

• Options
    Nip and tuck for the community 10-pull again ... Going to depend on how many SRs people have hoarded, I suspect.
  • Options
    Nip and tuck for the community 10-pull again ... Going to depend on how many SRs people have hoarded, I suspect.

It hit while I was doing my last rush. It was at 999,000,000+ when I started my rush.