Home Make It So!
Options

Replicator fuel as voyage reward

I read that post from WRG about the new reward framework for voyage dilemmas. I was surprised to see the 5% chance of getting replicator fuel that's useless for most players who have been around for a while. I understand why they want to keep that going for new people, and I certainly don't want this to be a game that's hard for new people to get into (that's a really good way to make the game less profitable), so I'm not saying they should just stop doing that entirely. But I do wish there were some way to opt out of getting trainer or replicator rewards in things like voyages and gauntlets. It shouldn't be permanent; if someone opts out and finds their trainers depleting way faster than expected, they should be able to take the option of getting more trainers again. But it sure would be nice to have the option, instead of just being stuck getting "rewards" that are pretty much completely useless for some people.

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand why they want to keep that going for new people, and I certainly don't want this to be a game that's hard for new people to get into (that's a really good way to make the game less profitable), so I'm not saying they should just stop doing that entirely.

Rations are useless for everyone. The game gives so much material that can be tossed into the replicator you'll run out of credits long before you run out of fuel. I would imagine a fresh player would have a much harder time getting credits than any form of fuel.

I have to do actual work to maintain my credit stash. I'm regularly spending 25-30M credits a month just doing retrievals and even if I cut that back, I'd still be doing 90k pulls for trivial honour.

My fuel stash just piles and piles up. I can't do enough replications in a day to spend my fuel even if I was willing to spend the credits.

There's only two sensible things you can do with rations:
    1. Make replication credit free. At least I would start burning fuel.
    2. Let us turn rations into something else. If you do that let us do bulk conversions for creating rations and spending rations.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    There's only two sensible things you can do with rations:
    1. Make replication credit free. At least I would start burning fuel.
    2. Let us turn rations into something else. If you do that let us do bulk conversions for creating rations and spending rations.

I find both of these ideas to be excellent.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Agreed - it would be great if we could use rations for something else in a useful way.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just get rid of it. Featuring it at 5% like it's some special better reward? Does anyone want rations over even a 4* crew? For a new player they want the new crew. By the time you're likely to have the crew FF, you probably don't need the rations either. The rations are worse than any other option for the dilemma. Just remove them and make it 89% 4* crew drop.