Home The Bridge
Options

Meh-ga Event

Am I the only one who is really not feeling the mega event?

The re-occuring crew is very poor when compared to prior ones
The theme just has no gun to it - which is very ironic
Poor crew choices for the most part so far
The casual collection most people have probably already completed, if not by the end of the event
I just am not feeling compelled at all to take part save thresholds 😴😴

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casual maxed before it started - Which leads me to the fact that this collection is due for an expansion to 60 with already 65 and growing with this trait.
    Crew is Meh. Doing threshold and out just to get the 4* and reoccurring.
    No interest in buying recap packs
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the choices are okay. I like finally getting {for instance} Paradise Spock. It is kind of weird that Mint Julep McCoy was last week, though. Isn't he from the same episode as Spock? Would "fit" my weirdness better to have him be the Existing for this week, WITH Spock. If they did not double McCoy versions, could have moved Legendary around.

Chuckles {and as you just mentioned in the Artwork thread} Leeta are "off" or "odd" appearance-wise to me. I know that Battle Bev was one of the ones discussed for artwork previously, but she IS useful. Mine is on my Arty for NM/UNM all the time, when not solving Nodes. And she Voyages and Shuttles a lot.

Are any of the new Mega Crew going to be worth staying warm once the Mega is over? Probably not. But, I am no expert on Stats.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    I think MJ McCoy and Spock are from "This Side of Paradise". Been a while since I watched TOS. Tonia Barrows is from "Shore Leave".
    Edited: Scott was right. McCoy is TSoP, not SL.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno when I will cite Pascal, but it won't be anytime soon
  • Options
    I think MJ McCoy is from "Shore Leave". Spock is from "This Side of Paradise". I think so anyway. Been a while since I watched TOS. Tonia Barrows is from SL too.

I thought McCoy with the mint julep was Paradise, but I have a poor memory. We are well past 700 episodes of TV now, and a load of movies. I get lost.

Most new Crew we get, I have to look up, if not main cast. Even some main cast, I do not always know the episode.

But, loads of useless trivia bounces around in my head.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event is good enough. My issue is that I've lost a good portion of the drive I once had. But they have good crew if not the most powerful.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got Leeta, the world rejoiced
  • Options
    I think MJ McCoy is from "Shore Leave". Spock is from "This Side of Paradise". I think so anyway. Been a while since I watched TOS. Tonia Barrows is from SL too.

I thought McCoy with the mint julep was Paradise, but I have a poor memory. We are well past 700 episodes of TV now, and a load of movies. I get lost.

Most new Crew we get, I have to look up, if not main cast. Even some main cast, I do not always know the episode.

But, loads of useless trivia bounces around in my head.

You were right about McCoy. I'm due a rewatch and it shows. Been a couple years. I usually spot watch and haven't done a full run since I messed up my back in the fall of 2020.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    We got Leeta, the world rejoiced

And somehow Rom got Leeta

The World melted
  • Options
    I feel this way about megas fairly often, tbh. The ones that really land well from my POV are the ones where the theme is pretty tightly defined and the plot manages to have at least a bit of flesh on its "provide reasons why the events are happening" bones (faction mission texts and galaxy descriptions aside, it's probably only 1000 words or so across the month, so I'm not expecting anything fantastically complex). As a result, I tend to prefer the ones that focus on a specific show (eg the DS9 Zhian'tara one, that ENT time-travel-themed one from a while back) and so the characters have pre-existing relationships that can be played with when they're talking to each other and "The Captain".

I'm assuming there's a PIC S3 mega on the way at some point this year, which I'm particularly looking forward to because it will also offer me the chance to collect plenty of new versions of my faves.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't help that this Mega will have four halves of Galaxy events. I haven't complained before about the over reliance of Galaxy events, as I use to like them. Emphasis on "use" there. I'm now at the point of getting really frustrated that I have to do the same thing four times in a month. :/
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    It doesn't help that this Mega will have four halves of Galaxy events. I haven't complained before about the over reliance of Galaxy events, as I use to like them. Emphasis on "use" there. I'm now at the point of getting really frustrated that I have to do the same thing four times in a month. :/

I find it a tad suspicious that this Mega is so Galaxy heavy with a Chron mini in the middle right after a Portal update when people really want Quantum. Great way to drive dilithium sales.
  • Options
    Megas are becoming a problem because they all follow the same setup. Skirmish, Galaxy, Fraction/Galaxy, Fraction. They seem to have a Galaxy before and after too.

This one is especially worse since it will have 2 Chron events for Quantum stuck in the middle. Note: If you have alot you can use them to farm for the Galaxy Events, but I haven't seen to many of my fleets F2P players having a lot of fun with it.

The reoccurring crew is essentially useless after this Mega. It will probably be my first one I freeze right after the event is over. The lack of current collections for Pascal is also sad.

The SRs are usually IMM and freeze for me, thus Spock and Barrows are not valuable for Collections either. The event SRs are also greatly overshadowed by the Pack only SRs. This takes away from the Mega event too.
  • Options
    Will Paradise Spock have the Small Bonus for the rest of the Mega, since he does not have the "Casual" Trait?

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like this was a very meh event. Scores seemed down at most levels. Top 100 was around 1.2 million. Top 750 was below 550k. Seems like most people were not eager to chase this one, and I don’t blame them.
  • Options
    Galaxy burnout
  • Options
    All these supply missions **tsk tsk**!!!