Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet rewards going downhill

Is it just me or is Gauntlet rewards appear to be getting worse and worse? In the last 10 or so rounds, I've placed in the top ten. The payouts **tsk tsk**... many 3* components or chronos, most of them I have plenty of and don't need. Maybe it's time to put VERY MINIMAL effort in gauntlet as their appears to be poor payout now....

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    " wrote:
    §[ Captain Calvin ]U§C[;d-20676"]Is it just me or is Gauntlet rewards appear to be getting worse and worse? In the last 10 or so rounds, I've placed in the top ten. The payouts **tsk tsk**... many 3* components or chronos, most of them I have plenty of and don't need. Maybe it's time to put VERY MINIMAL effort in gauntlet as their appears to be poor payout now....

RNGesus be fickle. I've gotten Legendaries from top ten finishes, and also from "mid-range" finishes between 40-70. And got my Ransom from a BeGold from my first three win box on a new Gauntlet. And gone 90+ Wins with just "junk" drops in every crate.

It do get aggravating.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think a good "break" idea to decompress might be just take Gauntlet off until the OE runs. Then, start back when it is on. Haven't done it. But thinking about it. But, my OCD and Completion Syndrome will probably stop me. Might work for others to help with the burn out, though.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    " wrote:
    §[ Captain Calvin ]U§C[;d-20676"]The payouts **tsk tsk**... many 3* components or chronos, most of them I have plenty of and don't need.

Lucky you. I don’t get 3* components, but lots of 3* TRAINERS, even placing top20.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember that time I opened all of my rewards at the end and got... 3* trainers. Every. Single. One.

So I tried again... And again... And again.

Eventually... You get lucky! You just got to keep trying.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    time to take a break... will still do gauntlet, but not spend merits on crew to fight, only to get crap rewards at the end.......
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the deal. As many know I started 2023 in Gauntlet with both barrels locked and loaded, taking zero prisoners, and winning dozens of times chasing Archer and getting absolutely nothing. I got frustrated and took a break, and two other times I came back, went scorched Earth, won pretty much every time - playing for keeps is my preferred speed - and getting absolutely nothing from the victory boxes. And as many other people have pointed out, going for Gauntlet wins is a sucker move. Yes, you avoid getting trainers in your end of Gauntlet boxes, but you also avoid legendary cards. IMO WRG needs to do something about that, winning should matter...

...and as @AviTrek pointed out somewhere in a different thread a while back, BY FAR the best way to get legendary cards is to carry massive streaks going, as over time getting many, many more bites at that apple will statistically get you to the eventual bite that isn't full of bugs and worms. I adopted that strategy when Ransom was introduced, lit about 15K dilithium on fire chasing win streaks, and have to date won two copies of Ransom, both from long streaks. Obviously carrying those long streaks also tends to come with a lot of trophies so I have "accidentally" won many Gauntlets since Ransom appeared and of course I got absolutely nothing from any of those boxes because as we've already discussed, winning Gauntlet is a sucker move and victory boxes do not matter...

...I am now coasting along in Gauntlet for the time being, still doing "OK, but not trying at all. I'll spend a few merits to refresh away from obviously terrible matchups but otherwise just going with the flow, skipping entire cycles if I don't feel like running anything, and finishing near the top without much effort. Why? I am tired of over-spending to to keep streaks going to 'work around' not having Admiral Black. Admiral Black is a MONSTER card in Gauntlet, not only are his numbers just insanely strong but he seems to ALWAYS have at least 45% if not the full 65%. For those that do not have him it costs a lot more dilithium to keep streaks going because he simply cannot be defeated unless you can get a lopsided matchup where he only hits 1 of the skills and you have somebody like Red Angel with a 25%/45% bonus and both skills or you have Locutus at 45% and get lucky on the rolls, and I suspect even for those who do have Admiral Black going up against a full strength 65% version when yours is fatigued even once is a losing proposition most times...

...IMO, Admiral Black and his perpetual lock on strong bonuses has unbalanced Gauntlet, and since you cannot luck into a copy IN Gauntlet it has left us in this uncertain position of how to proceed. I have the luxury of having spent enough to get Ransom but I'm not doing that anymore until I can get a copy of Admiral Black so that I can at least go into these fights without an arm and a legged tied behind my back. I'll keep running 12 hour voyages every day and hope for the best, but I guess we'll see?