Home The Bridge
Options

Most Wanted: Schematics

Greetings Captains! To continuously improve your game experience, we would like to know which schematics you would look forward to in the future.

Comments

• Options
    Captain SlogCaptain Slog ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    The Artifact please. As above very good for FBB
    Captain Slog. Stardate: Today
  • Options
    Artifact for FBB, please.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    And @STT Community can you clarify what you're asking for?
    Are you asking for which schematics we'd like to see as Arena rewards, or which schematics we'd like for ships that aren't in the game yet, or...?
  • Options
    Jenos made me say Artifact.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    What about making the Dabo schematics beholds?
    Then you could keep the existing ones for new players but also let those of us who've been playing a long time possibly get something we could use.
    And @STT Community can you clarify what you're asking for?
    Are you asking for which schematics we'd like to see as Arena rewards, or which schematics we'd like for ships that aren't in the game yet, or...?
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've already got the Artifact completed, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again so some of my fleet can catch up.

We really need the ships that fill in the more obscure voyage keywords. So that's the Jem'hadar Flagship (so overdue that it's just not funny any more), Hiawatha, Sikarian Vessel and Serene Squall.

But really, what we need is a better way to get ship schematics. There are so many ships now that relying on arena rewards just isn't viable. Voyage beholds are an improvement, but aren't enough by themselves. I second the suggestion of dabo beholds, that'd be a big help.

These posts are a good summary.

I finally finished my Arty, but I know a lot are still working on theirs. The Behold idea {if it is possible for Dabo, which seems doable} helps with the "Yay! I now have 25,000 Schemes for {insert ship name here}" disappointment. And, Voyages that have only one or two Ships with the matching Trait can be frustrating. Schemes to complete a 5 🌟 Ship that has the needed Trait would be nice. Even if that means auditing current Ship Traits or adding new 5 🌟 Ships that have the Traits. A maxed out 4 🌟 Ship with the Voyage Trait will never have more AM than a maxed out 5 🌟 Ship WITHOUT the Voyage Trait.....

EDIT: Just started this Voyage. Default 5 🌟 without Trait was top of list.....

5k8c7hc4u0qt.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.K.S. Bortas
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Do away with voyage bonus ship traits that aren't available as 5*. No more Malon voyages!

This.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than a new ship, I would like to see the schematic economy fixed. Drops should be much larger or total schematic costs should be reduced. It takes too many drops to get a ship to level 10. It currently takes 45 drops at 150/dop to fully level a 5* ship. It takes 5 drops to fully fuse a 5* crew. And the crew have crew retrieval and citations to make it easier to complete too. But ships you need to keep waiting for the right ship to drop.
  • Options
    Not sure about the player base in general, but for me, one or two new ships a year would be sufficient. I'd be a lot happier to receive existing schematics in an otherwise new skirmish event, rather than having a new ship sit at 1/10 forever.

Of course some ships need to be included just because they're awesome, such as the Shrike. But most of the recent ships weren't even that memorable, or just another Voyager version.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    I agree regarding what @General Mortars said about the number of new ships per year - currently there’s so many of them and with the drop rate finishing many of them at this point is next to impossible. There’s no real value to collecting many of them (in my opinion) unless you need it for a specific purpose such as Arena or FBB.
    Finishing the ones with a trait that comes up in voyages is nice but it’s a small bonus.
    So, in short slow down on the new ships and let us finish what we’ve got.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or make theme, year, rarity based packs.
    New players would likely welcome a little help in the lower lever ships, even if most of us don't need them. Have a "Ships of 2020" mixed behold or 10x pack for example. Rate them like discount packs, but compared to the normal ship pack rates.
    I wouldn't care if they added new ships this way either. There are some things I'd love to see that would be a 1*/2* type ship, that could be interesting for FBB in the lower ranges. Runabouts, Delta Flyer, etc could be a way to add mechanisms to the game. Very fast/Moderate Hull/Lower Attack, but very quick firing rate or something.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is primarily a collecting game. It is designed to take a while for most players.

The issue is not the number of ships, the number of new ships, the schematics to level each ship.

The real issue for is that there is no mechanism to target which ship schematics I get. The Artifact has been the most important ship in game for over a year, and it is a matter of luck for most players whether or not they have maxed it. There may be a few whales who buy lots of packs every week, but even then it is luck.

Some ships are in the arena, but even then it can take years of playing to get 10/10, especially when you have to be awake in the middle of the night to get maximum rewards every day. I can drop from top 1% to top 10% after going to bed.

We need some kind of schematic shop, there have been several ideas put forwards over the years, but none implemented. Maybe get rid of Trainer Tuesday, and award schematic tokens instead. Players will watch adverts to monetise it, also give us the Enterprise B in that shop as it's Tuesdays.
  • Options
    Wow 5 times for the USS Roddenberry? That’s a lot for a ship that was introduced as a giveaway - whatever the giveaway was at the time I think it allowed the player to get all the schematics to bring it to 10/10 if I remember correctly…
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something the Game Makers need to understand is that (as the situation currently stands) we have no need for new ships. We need instead a reason to care about completing the ships we have.

In a few cases, a specific ship is needed since it is best for a specific situation. But that is very few ships. We need the Artifact, whatever works for you in the arena, and ships for voyages. I suspect that the number needed for voyages is fewer than a dozen. (Someone smarter than me or who cares more can figure it out.)

To just have a pretty ship to fly around you only need to be level 1.

Yes, new ships can be fun. Yes, the economy of ship schematics and ability to get them should be revamped.

But until the myopic Game Makers give us a reason to care, new ships are unnecessary.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Wow 5 times for the USS Roddenberry? That’s a lot for a ship that was introduced as a giveaway - whatever the giveaway was at the time I think it allowed the player to get all the schematics to bring it to 10/10 if I remember correctly…

The giveaway included the ship being the arena reward for three consecutive months, that's how everyone was able to complete it. That it's been the arena reward twice more after that is a bit messed up.

Actually, now that you remind me, I counted it four times but it was really three months and like a week in 2021 (end of Sept all the way through Dec of the year). So it was only offered one other time, in December of 2022.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Along the lines of having no way to target ship schematics that we need, why are they among the things we cannot replicate? Put differently, I have over 10,000 Borg Cube schematics. Why can’t I use them to build something else?
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newer Voyage specific trait ships:

- Hiawatha
    - serene squall
    - sikarian
    -
  • Options
    Something the Game Makers need to understand is that (as the situation currently stands) we have no need for new ships. We need instead a reason to care about completing the ships we have.
    [...]

This.
  • Options
    No more ship specific schematics. Generalize them by ship rarity, so, for example, with 5* schematics I can build the ships I want
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    No more ship specific schematics. Generalize them by ship rarity, so, for example, with 5* schematics I can build the ships I want

I play a game that does that and I hate it. Too easy to have competing projects that way.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I 2nd generic *star schematics, even with competing projects. Admiral TrialNeverEnds [STARFLEET!] recruiting