Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Faction/Skirmish Event Notes Integration - 2023-09-07 (rerun)

Comments

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. A faction/skirmish event. Guess it will depend on which part is first. This'll be interesting.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time this event was run it was faction first, skirmish second. No reason to think this'll be different.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Well. A faction/skirmish event. Guess it will depend on which part is first. This'll be interesting.

Usually run in the order phase types are listed.

Usually.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Bonnie T'Ana!!!!! I hope that means Clyde Shrax is the new 4 🌟!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I'm going for it. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty! I was just talking about this episode with T'Ana this morning.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Nice! I'm going for it. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty! I was just talking about this episode with T'Ana this morning.

I'm so jelly!

How do you know T'Ana?!?!?

😆😆😆😆😆😆

I'm so jelly!

How do you know T'Ana?!?!?

😆😆😆😆😆😆

😂😂😂😂😂 You can guess what Mom suggested we name the next orange and white female kitten we have. Both my gingers are boys- Rising Sun and Louisville.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Captain CalvinCaptain Calvin ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    This event will **tsk tsk** for newer players. If you don't have Assimilated Voyager or Sphere 878 already, you can't even get enough schematics to do the initial build..... If you are > level 6 on the Voyager, you can't get enough schematics to level up from this event either.
    " wrote:
    §[ Captain Calvin ]U§C[;c-275853"]This event will **tsk tsk** for newer players. If you don't have Assimilated Voyager or Sphere 878 already, you can't even get enough schematics to do the initial build..... If you are > level 6 on the Voyager, you can't get enough schematics to level up from this event either.

Hopefully people have other options that are going to be better than the Event Ships any way.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet another Skirmish hybrid, le sigh. We've only had 2 full Skirmishes this year so far -- but in 2022, we had 13 of them.

Someone in my fleet said that Galaxy events are the biggest money makers for WRG. I can only say that I never spend money during Galaxies (and usually don't have to waste chronitons either, since I am consistent about building up my rss), and yet I consistently drop several thousand dilithium every full Skirmish, which means that whenever there's a good dil sale, I'm buying it.

The other thing about so many hybrids is that a lot of us are getting really tired of so many Galaxies. It actually makes me want to sit out events entirely. And eventually, if this sort of thing keeps up, I think the frustration level and sense of tedium will make me start thinking about giving up on the game overall, after many years playing.

So, yes -- I really would like to see more full Skirmishes. But also, wasn't there some discussion about a possible new event type on the horizon? Perhaps something based on FBB? Heck, I'd even welcome the occasional Expedition (which is by far my least favorite event type), just to break things up a bit.

rsp5uz69i84d.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

She's in black&white! I want Clyde Shrax to be the new 4 🌟 even more, now!

Reminds me of the episode of Star Trek Continues with John De Lancie. One of the fan-made shows. When they beamed down to the planet and the radiation was messing with everyone's optic nerves.

Great story about racism and both how stupid and how destructive it can be.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7020048/?ref_=ttep_ep9

Also, Star Trek New Voyages finally did David Gerrold's "Blood & Fire", the episode that the studio would not do because it had "the gays" in it. Gerrold actually directed. And an alumni of TNG appeared in it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0925657/
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1350561/

Both are really good series, for anyone interested. Continues has Chris Doohan as Scottie.

Both series are on YouTube. And in the Star Trek App on Roku. Star Trek Continues or Star Trek Phase II. I forget which.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    " wrote:
    §[ Captain Calvin ]U§C[;c-275853"]This event will **tsk tsk** for newer players. If you don't have Assimilated Voyager or Sphere 878 already, you can't even get enough schematics to do the initial build..... If you are > level 6 on the Voyager, you can't get enough schematics to level up from this event either.

Who cares? I've never used the event ship in a skirmish event. For brand new skirmish events, you only get enough schematics for a 1/10. Even a 10/10 Assimilated Voyager is probably slower than a Dkora, artifact, or other ships with time reducer. And it's not like the event ship hull bonus makes any difference in the event.

Players will use the same ship they use for every skirmish event. Just another reason why I find skirmish events to be the dumbest most mindless events there are.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    " wrote:

Who cares? I've never used the event ship in a skirmish event. For brand new skirmish events, you only get enough schematics for a 1/10. Even a 10/10 Assimilated Voyager is probably slower than a Dkora, artifact, or other ships with time reducer. And it's not like the event ship hull bonus makes any difference in the event.

Players will use the same ship they use for every skirmish event. Just another reason why I find skirmish events to be the dumbest most mindless events there are.

Yeah. The Hull Bonus on a Ship that most people are going to have at Level One sometime after the Event starts does not do a whole lot, against the listed other options.

Maybe a different Bonus, it might be useful. But, still doubtful. Even something like a 10% chance for a Reward to double is not going to offset that at Level One, you will probably have to pick the Repair every time, to offset the Damage you are going to have, if the Ship even survives.

• Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    " wrote:

Hopefully people have other options that are going to be better than the Event Ships any way.

How about a starbase room that we can convert schematics in?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may skip this event entirely, or just skirmish a bit to farm honor. All the ships and crew, including the Garak in thresholds, are complete/immortal. I am bored of galaxy events, whether full or hybrid.
    " wrote:

That would be a great idea.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I may skip this event entirely, or just skirmish a bit to farm honor. All the ships and crew, including the Garak in thresholds, are complete/immortal. I am bored of galaxy events, whether full or hybrid.

If I didn't want T'Ana, I'd threshold and out at 350K. That Plain, Simple Garak is long Frozen.
    " wrote:

And a fifth shuttle.
    " wrote:

And a fifth shuttle.

Yes. That, also.
  • " wrote:

And a fifth shuttle.

And a 5 seat ship.